I want H&D3 announced in 2009

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

I want H&D3 announced in 2009

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Oh yeah, I have had enough. I want H&D3 you hear me 2kCzech, you can even do your "Gary Bristol storyline" as long as we get it funny02... maybe not...

So, fans, What do you want from H&D3?

I know I want to have...
  • Co-operative from version 1.0 and perhaps leave out the other multiplayer modes?
  • Level editor, doesn't need to be a terrain editor - something like what H&D Deluxe has is more than fantastic
  • Stealth and distraction abilities like that in Death to Spies and Commandos
  • Supreme focus on the environment and game atmosphere like in H&D1, H&D2 failed to reach the same bar (excluding the Brest level from Sabre Squadron... okay and the Burma map). I want to see better weather effects! and more night & rain and night & snow missions
  • An improved command system, like in GRAW2 - giving commands in H&D2 is too much work and takes too much time. Does anyone really use ALL of the commands?
  • The strategy map (strategy view) needs to be simplified as well the controls for it were awful. I still have not used it properly to this day, has anyone?
Say YES to H&D3 being announced in 2009 :mrgreen: thup01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Heatseeker
Corporal

Re: I want H&D3 announced in 2009

Unread post by Heatseeker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:38 am

I think they are going to take a big break after Mafia 2. If it takes them as long to make H&D3 i think they will need two generations of developers to make it, one that starts, then a new one to finish it after the first bunch retires..

[*]Coop campaigns (one for each theatre).
[*]Dificulty that adjusts depending on the number of players in coop (more players needs more bad guys).
[*]Dynamic, non linear gameplay with open ended level design and dynamic a.i. behaviour (very high replay value).

Thats it, if the game offers enough content and the missions dont play the same (not so predictable) i could live without an editor, thats the problem with H&D2's sp/coop, its open for diferent tactics but everything is on rails so the replay value is low.

If they announced it this year they wouldnt release in 2010, if they do announce it in 2010 maybe they will release it in 2012.. if they actually even make a H&D3 that is.. bunch of if's there..

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Heatseeker wrote: [*]Dificulty that adjusts depending on the number of players in coop (more players needs more bad guys).
[*]Dynamic, non linear gameplay with open ended level design and dynamic a.i. behaviour (very high replay value).
Just make sure you can turn that difficulty auto adjuster off. I don't agree that "more players needs more bad guys".
The gameplay should be semi linear.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Snake_Eyes
Private

Unread post by Snake_Eyes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:42 am

yes..I say DROP all the other game modes..focus on COOP.

GS-Hawk
Private

Unread post by GS-Hawk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:49 am

If you have played either ArmA or ArmA II or going back a bit the Operation Flashpoint series, H&D 3 needs a world editor like from these games. A world editor should be an optional side of a game it should be its main function. The great thing about the games I mentioned above (excluding OF) when you play online say you are given the option to edit a maps contents before continuing to play giving a map a whole different story of your' own every time you play, variety like this is just endless hours of fun and more games should integrate it aswell as an in game automatic client map downloader.

3d plugins would be nice as extras but like I said the world builder should be a feature which is used more and more.
It's Not About Dying For Your Country.....
Its About Making Your enemy, Die For His.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:36 am

I seem to remember an OFP mod that let you do this, the Resistance expansion definitely had the option of editing maps before you played them while the server was up and populated.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Bighouse
Sergeant

Unread post by Bighouse » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:17 am

It would definately need an editor. I didn't like H&D2 as much as H&D Deluxe because of the editor. And if there will be an editor, it should not be as limited as it was in H&D Deluxe, I ran into the max objects limit and then lost my interest. And the reason for that wasn't that I filled the place with objects, it was that I made so big terrain that in order to make it look natural, I had to add many objects....like trees, plants etc. I guess that is why there is not many big forests in H&D...they made those annoying walls.

And ofc Co-op multiplayer mode would be a must...without it H&D3 would be left on the shelf in my case.

Zdenda
Sergeant

Unread post by Zdenda » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:10 am

Well, I am also looking foward to these specialities ...  that would be great .. just make an assault on K2 Czech to do so ... :grin: :grin: :grin:
=CZ=  -  www.czteam-hd.net

Tom
Private

Unread post by Tom » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:10 am

Yup, me too!... A very reasonable and compelling wish list, Jason. We still have about 2 months for Santa to intervene.

Thanks, for all your dedication and good work.

Cheers,
Tom

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:09 pm

What are 2k Czech doing? They are developing Mafia 2, they have delayed the release for some reason (collision bugs? :P) and the first Mafia game was released in 2002, that is 7+ years Mafia fans had to wait. They are working on a COD type game apparently called Moscow Rhapsody, they were working on Enemy in Sight for Atari but that died in the arse. H&D 3 ideas were being thrown around before Mafia 2 was announced but nothing locked in. Even if we have to wait for 2 years, an announcement would be nice, either yes or not at this stage. But 2k Czech are as talkative as Buddhist Monks! Why won't 2k Czech talk to us H&D peeps :cry:

(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:54 am

So you guys have seen the H&D3 trailer on YouTube?

Man, I can't wait, really I need to go at the speed of light arround the earth's circumfrence for 2000 milliseconds right now!
(Theoretical time travel - Theoretical.)

I hope they, oneday, not in the NEAR future, but in a future where H&D and H&D2 are no longer playable on the systems of the time, they release a H&D Universe or something combining all three.

Imagine when you create your profile being able to select the unit (which story line to follow) aswell:

1st Special Service (H&D)
    8th Commando/1st SAS (H&D-2)
    1st US Infantry Division (H&D-3)
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:41 am

(UGF} Corporal Desola wrote: So you guys have seen the H&D3 trailer on YouTube?

Man, I can't wait, really I need to go at the speed of light arround the earth's circumfrence for 2000 milliseconds right now!
(Theoretical time travel - Theoretical.)

I hope they, oneday, not in the NEAR future, but in a future where H&D and H&D2 are no longer playable on the systems of the time, they release a H&D Universe or something combining all three.

Imagine when you create your profile being able to select the unit (which story line to follow) aswell:

1st Special Service (H&D)
    8th Commando/1st SAS (H&D-2)
    1st US Infantry Division (H&D-3)
Dude it's fake, 100% fake, :cry: makes me sad that people believe it

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Is 2kCzech even going to survive after Mafia 2 ships?

Mafia 2 is in the works for many years now, delay after delay the title is loosing appeal and starting to look dated, this while the first game is being erased from the memories of those who have played it and its excellence unknown to a whole new generation of gamers (8 years, what a great game it was).

These delays clearly tell things arent progressing so well since the feature set isnt being expanded upon with the aditional development time, (no online/multiplayer modes, a big turn off for many gamers and a clear waste of potential) the game is still likely to sell but not as well as it could when the anticipation was at its peak, and ofcourse with a much increased development cost too.
Mafia 2 is scheduled for may/june 2010, without a fixed release date yet (another delay set for the hollidays wouldnt take anyone by surprise anymore).

And what about H&D3?
Ok, i know this is going to hurt but it just sounds unlikely to happen, unless 2KCzech join the latest trend with a modern warfare type game (H&D: MW) :mrgreen: . The WWII cow was milked dry a while ago and best sellers such as CoD/MoH are going somwhere else (and doing well), Brothers in Arms not as successfull as expected, etc. I honestly dont see H&D3 happening, not soon and quite possibly not ever.

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 pm

I agree with Heatseeker.
But I think if the developers make another one of those crazy good game like the HD2,
and would make this time for more publicity,
HD3 had a good chances on the market.

I would pay any price for the follower,
but I do not think there will ever be an HD3.
I would be very happy about an editor or something.
www.object-arts.de.tl
Idee := Brain.Activate(self);