H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:06 pm

I imported the Type 100 submachine gun model from Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and i made it usable in H&D Deluxe.

There are available now: new inventory icon and text description, in-game model, side view and iron sights view models plus weapon shooting sound taken directly from MoHPA.

See pictures below.
Attachments
New Type 100 SMG side view aim model.png
New Type 100 SMG side view aim model.png (821.5 KiB) Viewed 41129 times
New Type 100 SMG in-game model.png
New Type 100 SMG in-game model.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 41129 times
New Type 100 SMG inventory icon.png
New Type 100 SMG inventory icon.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 41129 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:12 pm

The picture below shows the new iron sights view aim model for the Type 100 submachine gun, that i mentioned in my previous post.

Unpack the content of Type100SMG.rar archive into your root H&D Deluxe directory. I also included the updated data.dta archive.

I plan to equip some enemies from my addons with it. For now you could equip the Type 100 submachine gun in-game using the fullhands cheat.

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
Type100SMG.rar
New Type 100 SMG model, texture, shooting sound and updated data.dta archive.
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 216 times
New Type 100 SMG iron sights view model.png
New Type 100 SMG iron sights view model.png (573.11 KiB) Viewed 41129 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:29 pm

I imported the Type 96 light machine gun model from Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and i made it usable in H&D Deluxe.

There are available now: new inventory icon and text description, in-game model, side view and iron sights view models plus weapon shooting sound taken directly from MoHPA.

See pictures below.
Attachments
New Type 96 LMG side view aim model.png
New Type 96 LMG side view aim model.png (664.63 KiB) Viewed 41112 times
New Type 96 LMG in-game model.png
New Type 96 LMG in-game model.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 41112 times
New Type 96 LMG inventory icon.png
New Type 96 LMG inventory icon.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 41112 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:33 pm

The picture below shows the new iron sights view aim model for the Type 96 light machine gun, that i mentioned in my previous post.

Unpack the content of Type96LMG.rar archive into your root H&D Deluxe directory. I also included the updated data.dta archive.

I plan to equip some enemies from my addons with it. For now you could equip the Type 96 light machine gun in-game using the fullhands cheat.

Attachments
Type96LMG.rar
New Type 96 LMG model, texture, shooting sound and updated data.dta archive.
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 200 times
New Type 96 LMG iron sights view model.png
New Type 96 LMG iron sights view model.png (750.63 KiB) Viewed 41112 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:43 pm

Japanese weapons in Europe?
Are you turning this game into CoD: Vanguard? 😉

Anyway, I am WAY BEHIND on these downloads.
When will version 2.3 be released?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:15 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:43 pm
Japanese weapons in Europe?
Are you turning this game into CoD: Vanguard? 😉

Anyway, I am WAY BEHIND on these downloads.
When will version 2.3 be released?
I wrote in my previous posts that i plan to update some of my addons with those Japanese weapons imported from MOHPA.

The H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod 2.3 version is already released. Check ModDB website: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1

EDIT: A while ago i updated one of my addons on ModDB. I equipped some Japanese soldiers with the weapons that i mentioned among other changes listed in the addon description on ModDB. It is The island hopping mission addon: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... ion-addon1

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:02 pm

After further research on the Internet i made changes to the following weapons from my mod:

-> Bazooka weight increased to 8,2 kg, ammo weight increased to 1,6 kg, effective range set to about 100 meters;

-> PIAT effective range set to about 100 meters;

-> Panzerfaust weight descreased to 7kg, effective range set to about 100 meters. It will be no longer available to equip in the Poland campaign (you could still destroy enemy planes using i.e. machine-gun mounted on the bmw motorcycle, time-bombs, etc);

-> Panzerschreck ammo weight decreased to 2,7 kg, effective range set to about 150 meters;

-> added informations about max effective range of Bazooka, Panzerfaust, PIAT and Panzerschreck into the in-game inventory selection screen;

-> updated missions in which enemy soldiers are using Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck, so the enemy AI will open fire from range not exceeding those weapons max effective range written in the in-game inventory selection screen;

-> changed the Germany 5 mission "chasing" Panzer IV tank final drive destination. The tank will now guard the main road passing through the military camp. See picture below.

Unpack the anti-tank weapons update.rar archive into your root H&D Deluxe directory. Replace files when asked.

EDIT: Today i made some new changes in the Germany 5 mission:

- added few missing terrain collisions;

- fixed various minor bugs.
Attachments
anti-tank weapons update.rar
Updated 16/09/2022
(12.38 MiB) Downloaded 206 times
Germany 5 chasing PZIV.png
Germany 5 chasing PZIV.png (884.91 KiB) Viewed 40911 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:31 am

Thanks to NilsZ work there is possible now to fire rocket launchers also in prone position, which was impossible before due to the game engine limitations. So, i enabled this option for my custom PIAT plus i updated its iron sights aim model. See pictures below.

It was possible to fire PIAT in prone position in reality, because it had no backblast like i.e. Bazooka, so the operator was safe. This will be a unique feature of the PIAT among other anti-tank weapons in the mod. The player will be able to use it, while being less exposed to enemy fire and in a more concealed position when engaging armored targets.

Unpack the PIAT update.rar archive into your root H&D Deluxe directory. Replace files when asked.

Attachments
Firing PIAT in prone position.png
Firing PIAT in prone position.png (819.81 KiB) Viewed 40852 times
PIAT iron sights in prone position.png
PIAT iron sights in prone position.png (587.78 KiB) Viewed 40852 times
PIAT update.rar
(2.38 MiB) Downloaded 194 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:11 pm

Today i made some changes related to the M1 Bazooka:

-> now the King Tiger tank is immune to M1 Bazooka fire. I made that change based on the King Tiger armor thickness and layout and the fact that sloped armor further improved the protection. Moreover, the M1 Bazooka was the initial, earliest Bazooka variant with lower armor penetration capability than other anti-tank weapons introduced later in the war. You will need now to use i.e. PIAT or Panzerschreck to destroy King Tiger in the game.

I also updated the Ardenes campaign:

-> added a King Tiger tank to the Ardenes 1 mission that guards the main road near the mission extraction point;

-> fixed various bugs found in the Ardenes campaign.

Unpack the Ardenes update.rar archive into your root H&D Deluxe directory. Replace files when asked.

Attachments
Ardenes update.rar
Updated 22/09/2022
(4.39 MiB) Downloaded 203 times

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:26 pm

I am so fucking envious on this cool new models. Can I use them also for my mod?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:39 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:26 pm
I am so fucking envious on this cool new models. Can I use them also for my mod?
Yes, of course NilsZ. You are welcome. thup01

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:04 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:11 pm

-> now the King Tiger tank is immune to M1 Bazooka fire. I made that change based on the King Tiger armor thickness and layout and the fact that sloped armor further improved the protection. Moreover, the M1 Bazooka was the initial, earliest Bazooka variant with lower armor penetration capability than other anti-tank weapons introduced later in the war. You will need now to use i.e. PIAT or Panzerschreck to destroy King Tiger in the game.

-> added a King Tiger tank to the Ardenes 1 mission that guards the main road near the mission extraction point;

Unpack the Ardenes update.rar archive into your root H&D Deluxe directory. Replace files when asked.

Hmm, isn't the PIAT older and less effective?
After all, it replies on a coiled spring instead of a rocket.

Also, what about hitting the King Tiger from the rear?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:03 pm

Myron wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:04 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:11 pm

Hmm, isn't the PIAT older and less effective?
After all, it replies on a coiled spring instead of a rocket.

Also, what about hitting the King Tiger from the rear?
The PIAT was introduced in mid 1943 (later than M1 Bazooka).

The coiled spring is not what propelles the warhead (shaped charge), it is a common misconception. In addition PIAT shaped charge diameter was bigger than M1 Bazooka rocket diameter, so it is more effective.

King Tiger rear armor was about 80mm thick and it was angled. The newer M9 Bazooka variant introduced later in the war could probably defeat it, but i doubt that the earliest M1 variant could handle that.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:26 pm

Speaking of PIAT I just watched a very interesting video on Youtube regarding its history and usage. :cool:

I highly recommend to check it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gl8g9rRN3Y

Made by the people from the famous tank museum in Bovington, England. This video is a part of the "Anti-tank chats" playlist.

P. S. I also watched many videos from their "Tank chats" series. Lots of well researched informations about WW2 and modern era tanks and other military vehicles. Really impressive channel.

andoodle
Private

Unread post by andoodle » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:45 pm

Pardon me, sir. Back then, I had downloaded the 2.5-version of the mod. Unfortunately, it does not have the "Medal of Honor"-style aiming from within the first-person camera. Instead, when I press F4, the aiming is still similar to the vanilla Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe game, including its "Aim-Down-the-Sights" feature. That applies to the un-scoped Lee-Enfield No.4 rifle and the Carcano rifle (the latter rifle being when I had first picked it up) during the first mission in Yugoslavia.

Now, I had managed to install the base game in its own folder (NOT the Program Files (x86) folder), as ordered, in case you do not know yet.