H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:54 pm
So now i am looking into the Prague 2 mission. Changes that i implemented into the Prague 2 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies and Russian soldiers set to 50%;

-> replaced the default sandbags models with my edited ones (the same as used in my modified Prague 1 mission);

-> optimized static collision volumes of the Fence around the airfield;

-> video briefing edited - i marked the correct landing strip on which the Lancaster bomber will land to pick us up (see pictures below);

-> added 2 mortar emplacements on the roof of the main airfield building (the one with the control tower);

-> re-organized the German defense at the airfield - some enemy soldiers will guard other areas than default;

-> transformed part of the metal fence around the airfield into usable model that i put in one place to fill the gap in the fence. Please download attached models.mod.rar archive below;

-> tactical map updated (more objects visible on the map).
Why reduce the endurance of the Russians? Aren't Russians tough people? ;)

What was wrong with the sandbags in Prague 2? I am only curious.

What does that mean?
It might have been a bug, but I once managed to "ram through" the fence when driving the Mercedes truck at high speeds at it, with the scientist with me while trying to catch our plane.

I think editing the brief was a bad idea; the plot-twist was take players by surprise. And landing a bomber on the secondary strip is dangerous, as it is smaller.

Usable model?

You should have some Luftwaffe pilots among the defenders. :grin:
That reminds me, what do you think happened to the other pilots in Poland 1?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:57 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:54 pm
So now i am looking into the Prague 2 mission. Changes that i implemented into the Prague 2 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies and Russian soldiers set to 50%;

-> replaced the default sandbags models with my edited ones (the same as used in my modified Prague 1 mission);

-> optimized static collision volumes of the Fence around the airfield;

-> video briefing edited - i marked the correct landing strip on which the Lancaster bomber will land to pick us up (see pictures below);

-> added 2 mortar emplacements on the roof of the main airfield building (the one with the control tower);

-> re-organized the German defense at the airfield - some enemy soldiers will guard other areas than default;

-> transformed part of the metal fence around the airfield into usable model that i put in one place to fill the gap in the fence. Please download attached models.mod.rar archive below;

-> tactical map updated (more objects visible on the map).
What was wrong with the sandbags in Prague 2? I am only curious.

What does that mean?
It might have been a bug, but I once managed to "ram through" the fence when driving the Mercedes truck at high speeds at it, with the scientist with me while trying to catch our plane.

I think editing the brief was a bad idea; the plot-twist was take players by surprise. And landing a bomber on the secondary strip is dangerous, as it is smaller.

Usable model?

You should have some Luftwaffe pilots among the defenders. :grin:
That reminds me, what do you think happened to the other pilots in Poland 1?
The static collision of the sanbag by default was bigger than the sandbag itself. Now it is exactly matched to the model.

The fence should now partially pass shots. As for the Mercedes truck - such bugs happen sometimes with vehicles. I also noticed that.

The other airstrip is full with wrecks and bomb craters, so the Lancaster would crash while landing. It is safer to choose the other airstrip shown in my edited Prague 2 video briefing.

Usable means that it could be used now as a model in HDD editor to put it on the ground. Before it was only a "visual", that you cannot copy and use (without additional editing in 3ds Max).

The Prague 2 mission takes place in the last days of WW2, so i don't think that the German Luftwaffe is still a threat (including pilots).

As for the pilots in Poland 1 - maybe they were inside one of the buildings and didn't take part in the fight? Who knows...
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:57 am

The static collision of the sanbag by default was bigger than the sandbag itself. Now it is exactly matched to the model.

The fence should now partially pass shots. As for the Mercedes truck - such bugs happen sometimes with vehicles. I also noticed that.

The other airstrip is full with wrecks and bomb craters, so the Lancaster would crash while landing. It is safer to choose the other airstrip shown in my edited Prague 2 video briefing.

Usable means that it could be used now as a model in HDD editor to put it on the ground. Before it was only a "visual", that you cannot copy and use (without additional editing in 3ds Max).

The Prague 2 mission takes place in the last days of WW2, so i don't think that the German Luftwaffe is still a threat (including pilots).

As for the pilots in Poland 1 - maybe they were inside one of the buildings and didn't take part in the fight? Who knows...
I see, yes.
That reminds me, in Prague 1, the wrecked vehicles for the roadblock cannot be climbed over anymore. :sad:

Too bad it's a bug.

In the mission briefing, there are no wrecks and craters. The map is outdated information, and the Lancaster's pilots didn't know that runway was no longer usable, hence why they do an "abort landing flyover" the first time around, and they reroute to the secondary runway. It's a GREAT trick to pull on the player. :mrgreen: When the game was new and my pop played it instead of me and my siblings, he had a hard time figuring that out! :mrgreen:

I was thinking there could be some pilots defending the control tower, in addition to the soldiers.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:47 am

That reminds me, in Prague 1, the wrecked vehicles for the roadblock cannot be climbed over anymore. :sad:

I was thinking there could be some pilots defending the control tower, in addition to the soldiers.
The barricade (roadblock) in the Prague 1 mission suppose to be impassable - that is how i wanted it to be.

There are enough defenders already on the control tower building in the Prague 2 mission. In addition i placed 2 mortar emplacements on the roof. They are quite effective against incoming Russian troops.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Below i posted my newest Greece 1 mission update.
Attachments
greece1.rar
Updated 09.11.2019
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 267 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:10 pm

Below i posted my newest Greece 1 mission update. I only replaced the previous Maxim MG model with my new "light" Maxim MG model version, which will no longer increase the Greece 1 mission loading time. thup01

I posted the new Maxim MG model in the "H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns" thread (last post on the page): viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38003&start=210
Attachments
greece1.rar
Updated 11.11.2019
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 277 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 pm

So, now i am working on the Greece 2 mission. Changes that i implemented in the Greece 2 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set 50%;

-> some enemies will use now my custom Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle;

-> after some research about the Greek Civil War i left only one T-34 tank in the valley, because communist partisans didn't have access to heavy equipment;

-> added 2 mortar emplacements (like i did in the Prague 2 mission);

-> video briefing edited - removed the red markings showing the placement of the anti-tank mines. See picture below.
Attachments
briefing edited.JPG
briefing edited.JPG (110.01 KiB) Viewed 12827 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 pm
So, now i am working on the Greece 2 mission. Changes that i implemented in the Greece 2 mission so far:

-> video briefing edited - removed the red markings showing the placement of the anti-tank mines. See picture below.
Strange, I thought you already removed the red marking last time. :sad:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Further changes that i implemented into the Greece 2 mission:

-> tactical map updated (more objects are now present on the map);

-> some Greek communist partisans will use now my custom PPS-43 SMG;

-> some Greek communist partisans will use now my custom Mosin-Nagant non-scoped rifle;

-> some Greek communist partisans will use now my custom Panzerschreck rocket launcher.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:57 am

Greece 2 reminds me, you know those trenches that are at the end of the road?
And the trenches of Danube 4?

And you remember how the Airfield of the final Africa mission in H&D2 has trenches surrounding it?

I was thinking about what else could be added to Prague 2. :grin:

If there are T-34s attacking the airfield, then maybe the Germans have panzershrecks with them?

You know how the control-tower gets a shipment of reinforcements to supplement the garrison already there? I was thinking those reinforcements should spawn already on the building, though on the lower level, not the tower itself. Maybe you can use your new sandbag models on that rooftop. thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:51 am

Here you have my newest Greece 2 mission update.
Attachments
greece2.rar
Updated 16.11.2019
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 258 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:55 am

Today i played my updated Greece 1 mission and i implemented some bug fixes as a result:

-> the terrorists from the camp will try to escape when they hear the gunshots. Previously for some reason they didn't react.

As you could see on the below picture, now it is possible to climb up to the church tower and obtain the Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle from the killed sniper.

Below i attached my newest Greece 1 mission update.
Attachments
greece1.rar
Updated 16.11.2019
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
Picture from Smolikes #2.png
Picture from Smolikes #2.png (973.06 KiB) Viewed 12773 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:47 pm

OK Myron. So here you have my newest Prague 1 mission update with another version of the Katiusha rocket launcher.

You could download the model from here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38004&start=15 (last post on the page).
Attachments
prague1.rar
Updated 16.11.2019
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 243 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Meanwhile i added a new makeshift roadblock on one of the streets in the Prague 1 mission near the mission start location.

I also placed a tram wreck near the bridge.

See pictures below.

To be continued... ;)
Attachments
tram wreck.JPG
tram wreck.JPG (99.67 KiB) Viewed 12754 times
new roadblock.JPG
new roadblock.JPG (114.17 KiB) Viewed 12755 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:38 am

Nice!
Yes, the city needs more wear-and-tear, especially if there is an uprising going on.

Next to the trolley, you should have a Pak and MG facing the bridge; the bridge is bound to be where the Soviets will attack from, so it's silly that the Germans have no defenses against that.

Where on the map is the second pic?