H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:04 am

I was about to ask if the helmet is correct.
Maybe the hat the mechanics wear would be more suitable. Didn't the Kriegsmarine use an insignia similar to the British tri-color circle that the RAF has? I think the mechanic-hat in the game has the same thing.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:30 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:04 am
I was about to ask if the helmet is correct.
Maybe the hat the mechanics wear would be more suitable. Didn't the Kriegsmarine use an insignia similar to the British tri-color circle that the RAF has? I think the mechanic-hat in the game has the same thing.
According to the source that i found on Google (which was the basis for the new sailor uniform textures) - the insignia on the helmet is correct (see attached picture below).

I wanted to put the "Eagle of the Armed Forces" on the helmet, but the "Reichsfarben" (National colors) look better - since there was already such texture available in the game, while adding the eagle would require of me additional work (painting in a graphic program) and the effect would not be so good.
Attachments
Kriegsmarine_uniforms_and_insignia.png
Kriegsmarine_uniforms_and_insignia.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 12375 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:33 pm

I added few custom Kriegsmarine sailors as a stationary guards into the Norway 5 mission - one to the "crew preparation room" and 2 to the submarine pool hall area. I also replaced some of the German soldiers in the submarine pool hall with the custom Kriegsmarine sailor model.

Below i attached my newest Norway 5 mission update.

This is my last update regarding the Norway 5 mission - unless noticeable bugs will be found.
Attachments
norway5.rar
Updated 03.10.2019
(578.69 KiB) Downloaded 274 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Alrighty then, just be patient, as I must turn in now. :-)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Meanwhile i looked into the North Ocean mission. Changes that i implemented so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set to 50%;

-> minor bugs fixed;

-> slightly lowered some too loud and disturbing environment sounds on the ship.

I have to admit, that this is one of my least liked missions in H&D Deluxe and i don't have much ideas for further changes to this mission - maybe except of setting a time limit for the player (i.e. 30 minutes) in order to obtain the decoding machine and return to Catalina before the German submarine "sinks" the cruiser.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:01 pm

Hmm, let's see, how does the North Ocean mission currently play?

I was thinking that the ship should start 100% empty, and then after 60 seconds, a bunch of MP-40 armed Kreigsmarines spawn at the bow and start entering the ship.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:01 pm

I was thinking that the ship should start 100% empty, and then after 60 seconds, a bunch of MP-40 armed Kreigsmarines spawn at the bow and start entering the ship.
Well, this will be almost the same scenario as default - except that the Wehrmacht soldiers will be replaced by Kriegsmarine sailors. In the default mission enemies spawn on the deck as soon as the mission starts. Giving the player and his team 1 minute to prepare will result in a massacre of enemy sailors that will try to board the ship.

It is a pity that this mission wasn't made like similar mission in H&D 2 - when we needed to mine 2 enemy ships and board one of them (minesweeper). That would be far more enjoyable.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:28 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 pm
Myron wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:01 pm

Well, this will be almost the same scenario as default - except that the Wehrmacht soldiers will be replaced by Kriegsmarine sailors. In the default mission enemies spawn on the deck as soon as the mission starts. Giving the player and his team 1 minute to prepare will result in a massacre of enemy sailors that will try to board the ship.

It is a pity that this mission wasn't made like similar mission in H&D 2 - when we needed to mine 2 enemy ships and board one of them (minesweeper). That would be far more enjoyable.
Oh yes, stealth is mush more enjoyable than a fake-rush.
Fake because there is no real danger of the ship sinking.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:05 am

Oh yes, stealth is mush more enjoyable than a fake-rush.
Fake because there is no real danger of the ship sinking.
Well, there is a danger that the ship will be torpedoed by a German U-boat. Such situations happened in WW2 when either Axis or Allies torpedoed their own heavily damaged warships, so they cannot fall in enemy hands. So that's why i suggest to set a time limit during which we need to obtain decoding machine and get back on Catalina.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:47 am

Further changes that i implemented into the North Ocean mission:

-> all default enemy soldiers models replaced with my custom Kriegsmarine sailor model; :cool:

-> more varied armament of enemy soldiers: some of them are equipped with MP-40, while others with Mauser K98 rifles;

-> set a 30 minutes time limit - during which you will need to obtain the decoding machine and get back to the pontoon, otherwise the mission will be failed (a hidden U-boat will "sink" the cruiser).

Below i attached my newest North Ocean mission update. This is my last update regarding this mission - unless noticeable bugs will be found.
Attachments
northoc.rar
Updated 05.10.2019
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 289 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:50 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:47 am
Further changes that i implemented into the North Ocean mission:

-> all default enemy soldiers models replaced with my custom Kriegsmarine sailor model; :cool:

-> more varied armament of enemy soldiers: some of them are equipped with MP-40, while others with Mauser K98 rifles;

-> set a 30 minutes time limit - during which you will need to obtain the decoding machine and get back to the pontoon, otherwise the mission will be failed (a hidden U-boat will "sink" the cruiser).

Below i attached my newest North Ocean mission update. This is my last update regarding this mission - unless noticeable bugs will be found.
Given how much space they occupy for so little output, I don't Kriegsmarine sub-sailors were ever equipped with basic bolt-action rifles.

Hmm, is there anyway to have the submarine model floating out in the distance?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Given how much space they occupy for so little output, I don't Kriegsmarine sub-sailors were ever equipped with basic bolt-action rifles.

Hmm, is there anyway to have the submarine model floating out in the distance?
Those are rather "Marine infantry" not sub-sailors if you look at the description at the reference image that i posted earlier. U-boat sub-sailors used different uniforms.

The submarine is probably submerged at periscope depth now, because it was spotted earlier by Catalina (according to the intro). Allied planes were a real threat for U-boats in WW2 times (especially in later stages of the war).
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:40 pm

I looked again into the Poland 1 mission. Changes that i implemented so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set to 50%;

-> optimized static collision volumes of various objects (including the fence around the airfield - now the collisions are more exactly matched to the fence);

-> fixed the problems with error text messages displaying during the video briefing;

-> replaced the previous Kubelwagen driver model (mountain-ranger with backpack) with a more appropriate one (see attached picture);

-> replaced the guard at the airfield entrance and the guard at the doors leading to the room with captured agent with the gendarme model;

-> now the doors leading to the room with the agent are locked. The key to open them is in possesion of the guard that stands next to the doors;

-> replaced the default Flak 20mm AA-guns with the custom model;

-> tactical map updated - more objects (like guard towers and airfield's fence) are now present on the tactical map.
Attachments
kubelwagen.JPG
kubelwagen.JPG (64.06 KiB) Viewed 12257 times
data.rar
Fixed problems with Poland 1 mission video briefing.
(557.71 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:06 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:27 pm
Those are rather "Marine infantry" not sub-sailors if you look at the description at the reference image that i posted earlier. U-boat sub-sailors used different uniforms.
Well my point is, the k98 is not an indoor weapon, so I really doubt they'd be on board a submarine, nor be used when boarding another ship.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:17 am

Well my point is, the k98 is not an indoor weapon, so I really doubt they'd be on board a submarine, nor be used when boarding another ship.
I understand, but maybe the sailors that boarded the cruiser were its original crew rescued by the U-boat then ordered to get back on the cruiser in order to secure code books and decoding machine (or at least destroy them). In my reference image the Kriegsmarine sailor is holding a K98 Mauser. In the open space on the cruiser's deck bolt-action rifle will be better than a submachine-gun in distant shooting. SMG fits better for interiors.