H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:20 pm
I gotta wonder, if this is a power-plant, where are the electricity poles/towers, and why don't the facilities of Norway 2 and 3 go dark? :)
Well, there are many electricity poles on the Norway 1 map (see examples shown on the picture below)... :roll:

As for the Norway 2 and 3 - maybe they have an independent power supply from another power-plant. Who knows.
Attachments
electricity poles.JPG
electricity poles.JPG (76.78 KiB) Viewed 8567 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:59 pm

I dunno if that's a good idea; they can already see, (and identify), us from a long way away, it's snowing, which hampers visibility, and we're wearing the Arctic-camo.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but it might have solved the problem I am going to show you in a picture.

To justify why it's not covered in frost and snow from the cold, you should add that huffing-and-puffing sound that one locomotive of Italy 3 had. smile01 After all, the Germans wouldn't want the Engine to freeze. Possibly a bit of smoke coming from the chimney as well.

In the briefing, the instructor confuses me and others; "if the enemy succeeds" , so if you can and are willing, I suggest adding arrows from the buildings to the inner towers.
As for the increased visibility range - i checked this during the Norway 1 mission testing and i didn't notice any advantage for the enemy as a direct result of the change. I didn't want to remove the fog, but only to slightly increase the visibility. That is all.

I re-checked again all static collisions of the buildings and other large objects and now no bullets should pass through them.

I will try to add a "steam noise sound effect" and escaping steam fumes to both locomotives.

Obviously the instructor meant enemy reinforcements that will come from the buildings highlighted in red. He mentioned earlier, that the inner towers are not manned at the moment. He cannot know how many enemy soldiers will came out of those buildings and where they will go (to which particular guard tower).
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Further changes that i implemented in the Norway 1 mission:

-> added "steam noises" to both locomotives - these sounds will disappear after you blow up the locomotives; :cool:

-> added the effect of escaping steam to the locomotives - the effect will disappear after you blow up the locomotives (see picture below). :cool:

Below i uploaded my newest Norway 1 mission update will all the changes listed in this post and in the previous ones.
Attachments
norway1.rar
Updated 14.09.2019
(705.58 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
locomotive steam effect.JPG
locomotive steam effect.JPG (109 KiB) Viewed 8554 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:33 pm

OK Myron. So now i will look again into the Norway 2 mission.

Changes that i implemented in the Norway 2 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set to 50%;

-> to reach the mission extraction point by truck you will need now to blow up the road barrier placed at the entrance to the complex;

-> i decreased the visibility range from 350 meters to 250 meters;

-> i strengthened the metal staircase structure leading to the antenna mast (see attached picture); :cool:

-> optimized some patrol routes of enemy soldiers;

-> changed behavior of some enemy soldiers - some of them will guard assigned areas, while others will spawn when certain events occurs;

-> now blowing up the laboratory first will result in mission failure - you will need to blow up the antenna mast first to cut-off communications, so Germans in the complex won't call for help. Other method will be to kill an enemy officer in his room or to destroy only functional radio (see picture below). :cool:
Attachments
officer with radio.JPG
officer with radio.JPG (101.88 KiB) Viewed 8518 times
staircase.JPG
staircase.JPG (53.09 KiB) Viewed 8524 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:22 pm

Below i posted my newest Norway 2 mission update with all the changes listed in my previous post.

Download also the models.mod.rar archive (metal poles models used to strengthen the metal staircase structure).
Attachments
models.mod.rar
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
norway2.rar
Updated 16.09.2019
(821.88 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:35 pm

OK Myron. So now i will look again into the Norway 3 mission.

Changes that i implemented in the Norway 2 mission so far:

-> the default locomotive model replaced with the edited one used first in the Italy 3 mission;

-> added steam visual and sound effects to the locomotive (just like i did in the Norway 1 mission) - see picture below;

-> restored the default patrol route of an enemy soldier like shown in the mission video briefing.
Attachments
steam effect.JPG
steam effect.JPG (55.97 KiB) Viewed 8495 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:37 pm

After your latest PM i implemented further changes / bug fixes into the Norway 2 mission:

-> fixed problems with the searchlight - it could be now manipulated by the player; :cool:

-> added a box with explosives and detonator to one of the buildings in the complex (see picture below);

-> replaced the default bookshelves models (archives) in the laboratory building rooms with destroyable versions;

-> now blowing up all the bookshelves (archives) located in the laboratory building rooms is also mandatory to complete the mission (see pictures below);

-> entering the laboratory building before blowing up the antenna mast (to cut off communications) will result in a mission failure.
Attachments
archives room 2.JPG
archives room 2.JPG (91.46 KiB) Viewed 8466 times
archives room 1.JPG
archives room 1.JPG (84.01 KiB) Viewed 8466 times
explosives.JPG
explosives.JPG (67.46 KiB) Viewed 8477 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Further changes that i implemented in the Norway 2 mission:

-> now the barrels in the laboratory are destroyable (i created a destroyable model) - the barrels will explode upon destruction; :cool:

-> i edited the default German soldier model wearing winter uniform (see picture below) - i made this modifications, because enemy soldiers that are "dressed" in that uniform will be alerted upon receiving a signal (destroyed antenna mast), so they dressed up in a hurry to get outside the building as fast as possible (without carrying additional ammo pouches and gear like the default model had).

Below i uploaded the models.mod.rar archive that contains the new models. Please download it.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Destroyable barrel and edited German soldier models.
(19.56 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
edited soldier model.JPG
edited soldier model.JPG (92.36 KiB) Viewed 8457 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 pm

OK Myron. So here you have my newest Norway 2 mission update with all the changes mentioned in my 2 previous posts.

Don't forget also to download the models.mod.rar archive that i attached to my previous post.
Attachments
norway2.rar
Updated 17.09.2019
(839.7 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Further changes that i implemented in the Norway 3 mission:

-> i made the equipment in the "heavy water production hall" destroyable - including the barrels shown on the mission briefing; :cool:

-> replaced some guards in the heavy water production hall with the engineer/mechanic model;

-> added missing light sources in some rooms of the complex;

-> added a single lamp at the entrance to the corridor that leads to the heavy water production hall (see picture below);

-> re-organized the armory / guards room near the heavy water production hall (see picture below);

-> now the doors leading to the corridor are locked (the entrance to the heavy water production hall) - the key to unlock them is in possession of one the guards inside the complex (see picture below);

-> changed behavior of enemy soldiers - some of them will guard assigned areas, while others will spawn when certain events occurs;

-> i made the heavy water production hall brighter, because it was too dark by default. I replaced most of the small wall lamps with bigger ones (like those used in the Germany 3 mission).
Attachments
entrance to hall.JPG
entrance to hall.JPG (46.42 KiB) Viewed 8366 times
armory.JPG
armory.JPG (109.89 KiB) Viewed 8414 times
guard with key.JPG
guard with key.JPG (84.58 KiB) Viewed 8415 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 am

OK Myron. So here you have my newest Norway 3 mission update.

Download also the models.mod.rar archive (destroyable models of the equipment found in the heavy water production hall).
Attachments
norway3.rar
(727.51 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
models.mod.rar
New destroyable models.
(5.41 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:28 pm

OK Myron. So now i will look again into the Norway 4 mission.

Changes that i implemented in the Norway 4 mission so far:

-> now opening fire in the vicinity of the bunker will result in a mission failure;

-> now opening fire close to the commander's office will result in a mission failure - killing the commander first will prevent this.

-> turning on the alarm by the bunker's commander in his office results now in a mission failure (the nearby submarine base will be alerted to our presence). Killing the commander silently using knife will prevent the alarm from being raised.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:19 pm

After your latest PM i implemented further changes / bug fixes into the Norway 3 mission:

-> added a boat (from which our SAS team disembarked) to the video briefing (see attached picture below);

-> added more usable equipment into the armory room (2 boxes with Panzerfaust and another box with grenades) - see attached picture below;

-> edited the escape truck from the video briefing (now it's all highlighted in red) - see attached picture below.
Attachments
truck from briefing.JPG
truck from briefing.JPG (58.02 KiB) Viewed 7625 times
Armory.JPG
Armory.JPG (91.81 KiB) Viewed 7631 times
boat added to briefing.png
boat added to briefing.png (618.48 KiB) Viewed 7633 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:01 pm

Below you have my newest Norway 3 mission update with all the changes listed in my previous post.

This my last update regarding this mission, unless noticeable bugs will be found. I would like to focus now on the Norway 4 mission.
Attachments
norway3.rar
Updated 24.09.2019
(737.25 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:43 pm

Further changes that i implemented into the Norway 4 mission:

-> tactical map updated - now more objects are visible on the map (see attached picture below);

-> tactical map edited - i made it slightly less bright than the default map;

-> previous patrol boat model replaced with "winter model" (see attached picture below) - now it fits better with the surroundings; :cool:

-> edited the default mooring pin model (optimized its static collision - now it is more precisely matched to the model);

-> i created a new inventory item - the German winter uniform that could by used by the player to dress up as a German soldier (see picture below). Now the remaining 2 members of the SAS team could use them as disguise. :cool:
Attachments
winter uniforms.JPG
winter uniforms.JPG (55.45 KiB) Viewed 7564 times
tactical map updated.JPG
tactical map updated.JPG (109.43 KiB) Viewed 7584 times
winter patrol boat.JPG
winter patrol boat.JPG (80.53 KiB) Viewed 7586 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.