H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:37 pm

I found a new shooting sound for Lee-Enfield rifle on Youtube (with a nice echo effect) - which is better than the default one in my opinion. :cool:

This new shooting sound will replace default ones for both Lee-Enfield scoped and non-scoped versions.

Please download both attached files. Unpack the sounds folder from the archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory.

I hope, that you will like the new shooting sound for the Lee-Enfield rifle - if not i will restore the default one. thup01
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 25.07.2019
(559.78 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
sounds.rar
New Lee-Enfield rifle shooting sound (version I)
(54.19 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:27 am

OK Myron. I found another shooting sound for the Lee-Enfield rifle (also with an echo effect) - which lasts longer than the previous one. :cool:

Unpack the sounds folder from the archive uploaded below to your main H&D Deluxe directory and replace the old sound files with the new ones when asked.

I hope, that you will like it. :grin:
Attachments
sounds.rar
New Lee-Enfield rifle shooting sound (version II)
(59.76 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:36 pm

OK Myron. I found another Lee-Enfield shooting sound sample on Youtube with an interesting echo effect and this is my third and last attempt of replacing the shooting sound for that rifle. So, you could choose from one of the three sound versions (version I, II or III) that i posted here on H&D forums. :cool:

Unpack the sounds folder from the archive uploaded below to your main H&D Deluxe directory and replace the old sound files with the new ones when asked.
Attachments
sounds.rar
New Lee-Enfield rifle shooting sound (version III)
(73.65 KiB) Downloaded 288 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:06 pm

Since we have the "new Lee-Enfield shooting sound topic" closed, i would like to show you some pictures of a new Lee-Enfield sniper rifle model (SMLE No. 1 Mk. III (HT) version) - that i implemented into H&D Deluxe today (see pictures below). The model and related textures were downloaded from https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/ website. :cool:

Personally i like the new model more than the previous one - what do you think?

If you want Myron i could upload here all the needed files. Please let me know, thanks! :grin:
Attachments
SMLE No. 1 Mk. III (HT).jpg
SMLE No. 1 Mk. III (HT).jpg (8.42 KiB) Viewed 11542 times
New Lee Enfield sniper in-game model.JPG
New Lee-Enfield sniper in-game model
New Lee Enfield sniper in-game model.JPG (87.57 KiB) Viewed 11542 times
New Lee Enfield sniper inventory icon.JPG
New Lee-Enfield sniper inventory icon
New Lee Enfield sniper inventory icon.JPG (110.14 KiB) Viewed 11542 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:11 pm

It does look much more realistic, and anything more realistic is a huge plus. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:44 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:11 pm
It does look much more realistic, and anything more realistic is a huge plus. :)
OK Myron, so below i uploaded all required files in order to have the new Lee Enfield sniper rifle model present in H&D Deluxe. :cool:

Unpack the models.mod.rar and maps.mod.rar archives into your main H&D Deluxe directory. Don't forget also about the modified data.dta archive.

Please give me later some feedback! smile01
Attachments
models.mod.rar
New Lee Enfield sniper in-game and inventory models
(24.55 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
maps.mod.rar
New Lee Enfield sniper textures
(150.08 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
data.rar
Updated 31.07.2019
(559.78 KiB) Downloaded 294 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm

I checked again the inventory selection screen of German campaign in H&D Deluxe and i found one inaccuracy regarding the Panzerfaust 60 (the type that i introduced in the game by using a custom model). Since the campaign starting date is April 1943, the Panzerfaust 60 shouldn't be available to equip at that time, because this particular version was introduced at the beginning of 1944 according to the source i found on the Internet. The first campaign in which you will be able to equip Panzerfaust 60 from the campaign inventory selection screen will be the Norwegian operation. However, you will still be able to obtain Panzerfausts during the course of German campaign (i.e. in 4th and 5th mission). Lets say, that the Germans test the new Panzerfaust version on the military training grounds before issuing them to the front line units (which they really did actually). That would be more fair i think.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 15.08.2019
(559.89 KiB) Downloaded 283 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 am

Well, you should place 4 panzerfaust "prototypes" in Steiner's office, and 2 more "STG-43 prototypes", that way, all is fair. :)

P.S. Dear guests, there are 3 of you here as I type this, please make accounts, and make yourselves and your opinions known. We welcome you. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 am
Well, you should place 4 panzerfaust "prototypes" in Steiner's office, and 2 more "STG-43 prototypes", that way, all is fair. :)
Well, i will think about this.

Recently, i came up with an idea to remove all German weapons from the campaigns inventory selection screens - except from the Polish campaign (where the instructor mentioned that we will use only German weapons to maintain secrecy of the operation). The reason is, that we still could obtain plenty German weapons during the course of the game (from killed enemies, weapon crates, etc). In addition, i would like the H&D Deluxe campaign inventory selection screen to be more like the one in H&D 2 where we could only equip Allied weapons at the start of each operation (making use of captured German weapons later).

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:36 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:06 pm
Myron wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 am
Well, i will think about this.

Recently, i came up with an idea to remove all German weapons from the campaigns inventory selection screens - except from the Polish campaign (where the instructor mentioned that we will use only German weapons to maintain secrecy of the operation). The reason is, that we still could obtain plenty German weapons during the course of the game (from killed enemies, weapon crates, etc). In addition, i would like the H&D Deluxe campaign inventory selection screen to be more like the one in H&D 2 where we could only equip Allied weapons at the start of each operation (making use of captured German weapons later).
Excellent idea; not just for the MP-40, but for all German weapons, given how common they are among the enemy dead.

It will allow you to free up space for adding in new weapons to the inventory selection. Though certain rare German weapons, like the MG-34 and ZB-26, will need to be more common in certain areas, like in armories, weapon caches, and drop-off sites, like the pier next to the Catalina.

P.S. I do have to question the purpose of "secrecy"; we steal the plane, and so what if we leave allied weapons behind?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:58 pm

OK Myron. So here you have my updated data.dta archive. :grin:

Now only Allied weapons are available in the campaigns inventory selection screens (except of the campaign in Poland in which only German weapons are available + knife). :cool:
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 26.08.2019
(559.72 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:24 pm

I found a free, good looking Vickers MG 3d model on the www.cadnav.com website. :cool:

I made it usable in H&D Deluxe as a fixed machine-gun. The new Vickers MG has also a shooting sound.

See attached pictures below.

This type of MG was widely used by British in WW2.

I am planning to add it to at least one of my modified H&D Deluxe missions.
Attachments
Vickers aiming.JPG
Vickers aiming.JPG (84.43 KiB) Viewed 11089 times
New Vickers MG.JPG
New Vickers MG.JPG (90.53 KiB) Viewed 11089 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:27 pm

OK Myron. So here you have all needed files in order to use the new Vickers MG in H&D Deluxe. :grin:

Unpack the content of all archives attached below into your main H&D Deluxe directory.
Attachments
sounds.rar
New Vickers MG shooting sound.
(35.14 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
models.mod.rar
New Vickers MG model.
(10.76 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
maps.mod.rar
New Vickers MG texture.
(522.73 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:57 pm

I found a free, good looking 3d model of the German PAK 40 75 mm anti-tank gun on www.cadnav.com website. :cool:

I made it usable in H&D Deluxe. Its cannon could move up-down and left-right. thup01

See attached pictures below.

I am planning to put this new anti-tank gun to at least one of my modified H&D Deluxe missions.
Attachments
Pak40 right.JPG
Pak40 right.JPG (89.11 KiB) Viewed 11048 times
Pak40 left.JPG
Pak40 left.JPG (97.36 KiB) Viewed 11048 times
Pak40 gun.JPG
Pak40 gun.JPG (99.46 KiB) Viewed 11048 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:00 pm

OK Myron. So here you have all needed files in order to use the new PAK 40 75 mm anti-tank gun in H&D Deluxe. :grin:

Unpack the content of all archives attached below into your main H&D Deluxe directory.
Attachments
maps.mod.rar
New PAK 40 75 mm anti-tank gun textures.
(53.72 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
models.mod.rar
New PAK 40 75 mm anti-tank gun model.
(33.28 KiB) Downloaded 172 times