H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:41 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:14 am
What were these "unwanted objects"?

And how do we destroy the generators without killing the forced-labor-prisoners?

I always wondered, especially in the default map; aren't the trucks parked rather randomly, and well... crap... I don't know how to explain it. This is supposed to be a factory... the developers REALLY blew it.
In example a sign near the factory exit. It would be impossible for a truck to get through it. Somehow the trucks arrived to the factory. I assume that through the gate where the mission extraction point is.

My idea is, that when the alarm goes off forced laborers will try to escape towards the factory exit. They will be killed by factory guards just like Steiner. The prisoners are probably Russian POWs, so Germans don't care about their lives anyway.

I could think about repositioning some trucks. Maybe adding some equipment and tools too. We will see.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:42 am

Recently changes that i implemented in the Germany 3 mission:

-> repositioned some trucks;

-> blowing up all power generators is mandatory in order to complete the mission;

-> added even more lamps, because some spaces in the factory were too dark;

-> added few tables and tools on them to look like a kind of assemby line;

-> destroying each power generator will turn off related lamps in the factory; :cool:

-> the labor prisoners will try to escape when the alarm goes off, but they will be killed by factory guards;

-> repositioned guards in the factory - some of them will run towards the Steiner's office after Steiner triggers the alarm, the rest will guard certain areas or spawn when the player appears at some distance from them.

Please download and test the updated Germany 3 mission that i uploaded below with all the changes that i listed in my previous posts including this one.

Don't forget also to download the models.mod.rar archive and unpack its content (models.mod folder) into your main H&D Deluxe directory.

Please give me later some feedback!
Attachments
Germany3.rar
Updated 29.08.2019
(553.61 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
models.mod.rar
New models
(13.82 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:42 am

Recently changes that i implemented into the Germany 3 mission:

-> added a coal storage near the loading ramp;

-> added "exploding boxes" on the trailer, so the trailer will explode upon destruction.
Attachments
coal and trailer.JPG
New coal storage and trailer
coal and trailer.JPG (95.74 KiB) Viewed 9957 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:23 am

I don't remember where it is you get your weapon models, but I do wonder, do they have a model for a V-1 Buzzbomb? The open part of the map looks big enough to house a life-size one.

Basically, I am looking for an excuse to have one of those "huge explosions", the kind you get from blowing up a railway tanker, for example, and as such, you could have at least one "rubble pile" appear. :mrgreen:

Ever played Sniper Elite 3? Remember when you buried the Ratte? :grin:

As for the train, well, maybe you can add some of those exploding boxed to the cars, assuming that those boxes contain "rocket components". :grin:

P.S. I just remembered another piece of bad-news, the crane no longer seems destructible. frown01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks to NilsZ help i was able to fix some problems related to the factory lamps that i added in the Germany 3 mission. Previously, when you destroyed the factory lamps (or destroyed power generators that fed them with electricity) the light was still present on various surfaces which looked strange.

See attached pictures below showing factory with working lamps and without.

Yeah i played Sniper Elite 3.

As for the undestructible crane - i removed that possibility for now, since in the original mission the crane was destroyed automatically as soon as you left the Steiner's office (a sabotage maybe?) without the player participation. I will try to find logical way how to blow up the crane and how should the destroyed crane model looks like.

As for adding "exploding boxes" on the railway wagons - i will think about that.
Attachments
destroyed factory lamps.JPG
destroyed factory lamps.JPG (47.3 KiB) Viewed 9950 times
working factory lamps.JPG
working factory lamps.JPG (63.42 KiB) Viewed 9950 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:14 pm

Not automatically; it would fall by sniping the barrels below it in the past as well.

Granted, the campaign intro only referred to the V-2's, but the office does have a lot of V-1 blueprints. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:18 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:14 pm
Not automatically; it would fall by sniping the barrels below it in the past as well.

Granted, the campaign intro only referred to the V-2's, but the office does have a lot of V-1 blueprints. :)
Some time ago i took the V-2 rocket model from the German campaign intro movie and i used it in my addons ("Trip to the stars" and "The wonder weapon"). I could put the V-2 rocket model on one of the flat railway wagons - so it would look like being prepared to transport.

Meanwhile i added "exploding boxes" to some of the railway wagons (see attached picture below). I decided to remove the "exploding boxes" from the trailer, since there were some problems with static collisions after the trailer was destroyed (the static collisions of boxes were still present).
Attachments
wagons loaded with exploding boxes.JPG
wagons loaded with exploding boxes.JPG (100.92 KiB) Viewed 9945 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:33 pm

I also added few wooden boxes around the concrete supporting poles (see attached picture below).

I managed to put a destroyable V-2 rocket model (!) on a flat railway wagon (see attached picture). It could be blow up using time-bomb.

I tested all my latest changes in the Germany 3 mission and i must say that the V-2 rocket explosion is quite impressive. :cool:

I also like the way the factory lamps go out when you destroy power generators.
Attachments
wooden boxes added.JPG
wooden boxes added.JPG (80.92 KiB) Viewed 9942 times
destroyable V2 rocket.JPG
destroyable V2 rocket.JPG (90.94 KiB) Viewed 9942 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:06 pm

OK Myron. Here you have my latest Germany 3 mission update. The changes include:

-> added few blue-uniformed engineers armed with Luger pistols around the factory;

-> now the big gantry is destroyable again; :grin:

-> blowing up the V-2 rocket will cause chain reaction that will destroy the gantry and all nearby destroyable objects (the factory ceiling will also collapse like in the default Germany 3 mission). :cool:

Please download and test the updated Germany 3 mission that i uploaded below with all the changes that i listed in my previous posts including this one.

Don't forget also to download the models.mod.rar archive and unpack its content (models.mod folder) into your main H&D Deluxe directory.

Please give me later some feedback!
Attachments
germany3.rar
Updated 01.09.2019
(473.24 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
models.mod.rar
New models
(29.35 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:00 am

I remember The Wonder Weapon, but I don't remember A Trip To The Stars. What was that one all about?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:44 am

Myron wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:00 am
I remember The Wonder Weapon, but I don't remember A Trip To The Stars. What was that one all about?
This is the link to the addon topic: http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/boa ... =27&t=2698

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:39 pm

OK Myron. I looked again into the Germany 3 mission and i edited the ramp model - maybe that causes the problem with missing static collisions of some objects and surfaces on the map. I'm trying to find the cause of the problem and whether or not the new models that i put on the map have something to do with it.

Anyway, below i uploaded another Germany 3 mission update and the models.mod folder (packed into rar archive) containing new models.

If the problem still exists, please make some pictures for me - because i am curious what is really happening in your game.

Eventually, you will be forced to just skip this mission and head to the next one using cheats or completed savegame profile.

However, as you could see in the attached picture below i had no problems in the Steiner's office. Steiner himself lies dead at the exit...
Attachments
Steiner office.JPG
All enemies heading to the office at the beginning were killed.
Steiner office.JPG (87.03 KiB) Viewed 9884 times
models.mod.rar
(39.14 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
germany3.rar
Updated 02.09.2019
(467.47 KiB) Downloaded 257 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:51 pm

Here you have more pictures taken directly from the Germany 3 mission.

As you could see i had no problems with the ramp as i walked on it normally.

On the other picture you could see the results of the chain reaction that took place after i blew up the V-2 rocket. The entire train was destroyed by just one well placed time-bomb.
Attachments
V2 rocket destroyed.JPG
V2 rocket destroyed.JPG (56.95 KiB) Viewed 9877 times
loading ramp.JPG
loading ramp.JPG (62.33 KiB) Viewed 9877 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:50 am

I just can't figure it out, I can not only walk through Steiner's wall, but off the map itself, though not downwards.

The problem persists. :(

And if any of you 7 guests here have the same problem, try to get a snapshot of it. For me, pressing F11 gets me, "Failed to capture Screenshot".

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:26 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:50 am
I just can't figure it out, I can not only walk through Steiner's wall, but off the map itself, though not downwards.

The problem persists. :(

And if any of you 7 guests here have the same problem, try to get a snapshot of it. For me, pressing F11 gets me, "Failed to capture Screenshot".
Use freeware program called Gadwin Printscreen - you should be able to take pictures from H&D Deluxe without problems. I am using it for taking pictures from game. Take some pictures and attach them to the forum's post (you could upload up to 3 pictures per post in this way).

So, i understand that the Germany 3 mission is still playable for you to a certain degree? At least you men didn't fall through the ground at the very beginning of the mission (which is a common problem when dealing with static collisions in H&D Deluxe).

What about the loading ramp now? Can you still walk through as if it wasn't there? I am asking, because i made some changes in the ramp model in 3ds Max.

A very particular situation - some static collisions work for you (ground surface) while others not. I've never had such situation before in H&D Deluxe.

So you are able to get through the stone walls of the factory, right? What about the corridor that leads to the mission extraction point (the one with wooden walls)?

I wonder if my previous Germany 3 mission update (marked "Updated 29.08.2019") worked for you or you had similar problems with collisions?
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.