H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by Myron » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:11 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 am
Myron wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:35 am
As for the bazooka, if you forced the original model to line-up with the center cross-hairs, what would it have looked like?
Well, i didn't try that yet - but it seems that it is possible. I just thought, that the new model is better since the original one looks blurred.

So, i understand that you don't like the look of the new Bazooka aim model?
Oh, I do.
I was just curious as to what the original would have looked like.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Oh, I do.
I was just curious as to what the original would have looked like.
I managed to properly align the default Bazooka sights in 1st person view with the white aiming crosshair seen on the center of the screen. :cool:

See comparison pictures posted below.

Now you need to decide which version of the Bazooka aim model you want to use in H&D Deluxe (edited default aim model or a new custom one) - so i will upload the necessary files here on H&D forum.
Attachments
Edited Bazooka aim model.JPG
My edited Bazooka aim model
Edited Bazooka aim model.JPG (67.67 KiB) Viewed 11630 times
Default Bazooka aim model.JPG
Stock H&D Deluxe Bazooka aim model
Default Bazooka aim model.JPG (76.85 KiB) Viewed 11630 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 pm

I'll take the new one that you found/made. :)

And I think I am speaking for all the unknowns who are downloading this mod. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 pm
I'll take the new one that you found/made. :)

And I think I am speaking for all the unknowns who are downloading this mod. :)
LOL. If only those unknowns were registered users with right to give feedback. :roll:

Anyway here you have all the needed files regarding changes in the weapons that i have made recently:

-> new aim models for MP40, MP44, Sten, BAR 1918 and Bazooka;

-> edited aim models of Browning 1919 and Panzerfaust;

-> edited data.dta archive (necessary changes in the inventory tables).

Please give me later some feedback!
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 09.07.2019
(559.7 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
models.mod.rar
New and edited weapons aim model
(356.39 KiB) Downloaded 323 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:04 pm

I will try to add to H&D Deluxe a brand new weapon - M1 Garand rifle, since i found a free, nice looking 3d model on the Internet (see picture below). :cool:

In addition i found realistic shooting sound for it on Youtube. thup01
Attachments
New M1 Garand model.JPG
New M1 Garand model.JPG (54.57 KiB) Viewed 11587 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:59 pm

So far i managed to create a working M1 Garand inventory icon (see picture below), in-game model (see picture below) and aim model (see picture below). The M1 Garand has also a shooting sound. :cool:

Still i need to create M1 Garand in-game text description (if possible), add it to the inventory lists and make it available in the campaigns selection screen among other weapons and items. My idea is to make the M1 Garand firepower in H&D Deluxe the same as bolt-action rifles, since it used rifle caliber ammo. I hope, that i will be able to do all this. thup01
Attachments
New M1 Garand aim model.JPG
New M1 Garand aim model.JPG (88.56 KiB) Viewed 11559 times
New M1 Garand inventory icon.JPG
New M1 Garand inventory icon.JPG (104 KiB) Viewed 11576 times
New M1 Garand in-game model.JPG
New M1 Garand in-game model.JPG (82.08 KiB) Viewed 11576 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:11 am

Hopefully, it's the same sound as used in MOH:AS and H&D2. MOH: PA is close enough. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:04 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:11 am
Hopefully, it's the same sound as used in MOH:AS and H&D2. MOH: PA is close enough. :)
Well, i took the M1 Garand sound from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhIB_y0nJYg (sample from aprox. 1:07 to 1:14 minute).

Below i uploaded the M1 Garand shooting sound in *.wav format inside Winrar archive, that i am currently using for that weapon in H&D Deluxe. I think it is good enough. What do you think Myron?

In addition i managed to add M1 Garand text description in the inventory selection screen and add it as one of the available weapons to choose from for the German campaign so far. See picture below. :cool:

When i have more free time i will try to add the M1 Garand to other campaigns too (starting from German till Greek, except Polish since the instructor said that only German weapons will be used to maintain "secrecy of the operation"). thup01
Attachments
New M1 Garand inventory description.JPG
New M1 Garand inventory description.JPG (111.83 KiB) Viewed 11547 times
m1garand.rar
New M1 Garand shooting sound
(30.28 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:46 pm

So i managed to add M1 Garand rifle to other H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory lists plus i allowed only German weapons to be selected for the Polish campaign (like the instructor said in the Poland 1 mission briefing). thup01

Below i uploaded the M1Garand.rar archive - extract its content (maps.mod, models.mod and sounds folders) into your main H&D Deluxe directory: i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe in order to have the M1 Garand rifle in the game.

I also uploaded modified data.dta archive (necessary changes in the inventory lists and related files).

I hope, that you will like the new M1 Garand rifle that i added into H&D Deluxe. :cool:
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 13.07.2019
(559.79 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
M1Garand.rar
New M1 Garand models, texture and shooting sound
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 320 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:04 am
Myron wrote:
Well, i took the M1 Garand sound from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhIB_y0nJYg (sample from aprox. 1:07 to 1:14 minute).

Below i uploaded the M1 Garand shooting sound in *.wav format inside Winrar archive, that i am currently using for that weapon in H&D Deluxe. I think it is good enough. What do you think Myron?

In addition i managed to add M1 Garand text description in the inventory selection screen and add it as one of the available weapons to choose from for the German campaign so far. See picture below. :cool:

When i have more free time i will try to add the M1 Garand to other campaigns too (starting from German till Greek, except Polish since the instructor said that only German weapons will be used to maintain "secrecy of the operation"). thup01
Uh, this one goes into the Sounds.mod folder, right?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:26 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:04 am
Myron wrote:

Uh, this one goes into the Sounds.mod folder, right?
No. I uploaded this particular audio file (packed into the "m1garand.rar" archive and marked "New M1 Garand shooting sound") for you just to preview it first.

So, if you like my M1 Garand shooting sound please download the "M1Garand.rar" archive from the next post instead (together with the data.dta archive marked "Updated 13.07.2019"). Unpack the whole content of the "M1Garand.rar" archive (all three folders) into your main H&D Deluxe directory.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:11 pm

I found a new, in better quality and more realistic Mosin-Nagant rifle shooting sound on Youtube. The sound comes from the game Call of Duty (from the first part of the COD series). :cool:

I watched few Youtube videos about shooting from Mosin-Nagant rifle and the shooting sound from Call of Duty is quite realistic in my opinion. thup01

Unpack the sounds folder from the archive uploaded below to your main H&D Deluxe directory and replace the old sound file (mosin.wav) with the new one when asked.

I hope that you will like the new sound, because the previous one was not as good (it was one of my first attempts ever to edit sounds of weapons in any PC game).
Attachments
sounds.rar
New Mosin-Nagant rifle shooting sound.
(21.9 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:06 am

I found a new Mauser K98 rifle shooting sound on Youtube (with a nice echo effect) - which is better than the default one in my opinion. :cool:

This new shooting sound will replace default ones for both Mauser K98 scoped and non-scoped versions.

Please download both attached files. Unpack the sounds folder from the archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory.

I hope, that you will like the new Mauser K98 shooting sound - if not i will restore the default one. thup01
Attachments
sounds.rar
New Mauser K98 rifle shooting sound.
(54.31 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
data.rar
Updated 20.07.2019
(559.79 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:42 pm

OK Myron. So i found another Mosin-Nagant rifle shooting sound on Youtube, taken this time not from a game but from a video which shows shooting using real Mosin-Nagant rifle (with a nice echo effect) - which is better than the previous one in my opinion. :cool:

Unpack the sounds folder from the archive uploaded below to your main H&D Deluxe directory and replace the old sound file (mosin.wav) with the new one when asked.
Attachments
sounds.rar
New Mosin-Nagant rifle shooting sound.
(58.83 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:16 pm

I found a new Webley MK IV revolver shooting sound on Youtube (with a nice echo effect) - which is better than the previous one in my opinion. :cool:

Unpack the sounds folder from the archive uploaded below to your main H&D Deluxe directory and replace the old sound file (webley.wav) with the new one when asked.
Attachments
sounds.rar
New Webley MK IV revolver shooting sound
(68.58 KiB) Downloaded 189 times