H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:03 pm

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:40 am

Hi Myron,

i am thinking about continuing the modding (editing) of default H&D Deluxe missions. Next one would be Italy 3. Are You interested?
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:17 pm

So, Myron i am currently looking again into the Italy 3 mission.

I added few ammo boxes around the AA-guns positions (see pictures below). Tactical map updated.

I removed 2 snipers from the "water tower" - their behaviour was often strange (blocked movements in narrow spaces, weird reaction to enemy fire, etc). Still there are extra soldiers added by me in the previous Italy 3 mission updates, that will counter the absence of snipers.

I am thinking about adding enemy reinforcements (maybe from "the town" seen in the background behind wall), that will spawn after certain events occurs. We will see.

I am also looking at extra enemy patrols that i added some time ago and their "efficiency" in detecting the player and his squad. After years of playing H&D Deluxe and modding i could say that stationary guards are more "vigilant"...i don't want to make this mission too hard or too easy. I try to imagine a railway station behind enemy lines and its "level of security", lol.
Attachments
aa3.JPG
aa3.JPG (83.83 KiB) Viewed 11266 times
aa2.JPG
aa2.JPG (70.26 KiB) Viewed 11266 times
aa1.JPG
aa1.JPG (66.92 KiB) Viewed 11266 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Further changes in the Italy 3 mission:

-> added few ammo crates near the Flak 88s (i used the same custom model as in the Danube 1 mission);

-> added enemy officer armed with Luger pistol in the main railway station building;

-> removed one patrolling enemy soldier nearby the nearest AA-gun position with Flak 88 (he patrolled the area between the sandbags manned by 2 stationary guards and the brick wall near the mission spawn point). The area is already guarded by those 2 soldiers, which is enough.

I made a picture from HDD editor showing the default damage done by the "bombing raid" (see picture below). Quite a precision taking into account the following conditions: dropping bombs from high altitude at night with the "accuracy of bombings" that was present back then in WWII times...notice all that damaged equipment on the map. I am not so sure if i should add even more explosions.
Attachments
default damage by bombs.JPG
default damage by bombs.JPG (93.66 KiB) Viewed 11257 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed May 29, 2019 4:58 am

Wow, the default bombing run never took out the tanks in any playthrough I've played. Weird. :eek:

Anyway, in the picture, I used this German as my test-subject for the k98 bolt-action rifle. And I assume the non-scoped Lee-Enfield has the same exact damage output.

If I shoot him from the side, his arm is able to stop the bullet, making it take 3 bullets to kill.

If I shoot him in the back, he screams "my arm" in German, and it takes 2 bullets to kill.

Given the rifle's unreliable accuracy and extremely low rate of fire, players have extremely little incentive to even bother using non-scoped rifles.

Given this fact, and the real-life damage-output, I think the damage output of all bolt-action rifles needs to be increased, so that chest and back shots are one-shot-one-kill hits.
Attachments
Picture from Zelezna vrata #1.png
Picture from Zelezna vrata #1.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 11207 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:25 am

Myron wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:58 am

Anyway, in the picture, I used this German as my test-subject for the k98 bolt-action rifle. And I assume the non-scoped Lee-Enfield has the same exact damage output.

If I shoot him from the side, his arm is able to stop the bullet, making it take 3 bullets to kill.

If I shoot him in the back, he screams "my arm" in German, and it takes 2 bullets to kill.

Given the rifle's unreliable accuracy and extremely low rate of fire, players have extremely little incentive to even bother using non-scoped rifles.

Given this fact, and the real-life damage-output, I think the damage output of all bolt-action rifles needs to be increased, so that chest and back shots are one-shot-one-kill hits.
Well, everything depends in this game...

The German soldier shown on the picture (and all other enemy soldiers in the Danube 1 mission) have endurance value set for 70%. With the current power of bolt-action rifles set by me, enemies could be killed by just one chest shot when their endurance is 50% or lower (tested in HDD editor). Keep in mind, that the player has commandos with even 90% endurance to choose from. It's really a matter of compromise. The question is: how big the enemy endurance value should be in H&D Deluxe to be fair? The "hit detection system" in this game is rather strange - you cannot edit the hitboxes and sometimes even headshot is not an instant kill...

So, we have few options:

1) leave the power of bolt-action rifles as it is,

2) lower the enemy endurance "skill" to 50% or less,

3) increase a lot the bolt-action rifles power, than even a character with 100% endurance (like friendly partisans in Danube 1) will not survive a chest shot.

Option 2 is "easiest" to implement, while Option 3 is much more complicated and will require to re-calculate other game values (like models resistance to damage, etc). As a result of Option 3, a commando with high endurance skill won't be needed anymore and this skill will be relevant (why having a man in the team with highest endurance when this will make no difference at all in the game).
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Further changes in the Italy 3 mission:

-> i edited the default locomotive model using 3ds Max software and i removed one unwanted (intermediate) destroyed model version (the default locomotive model had 2 destroyed versions to my surprise). Unpack the models.mod folder from the archive attached below this post into Your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe);

-> replaced the default music played in the railway station hall with a well-known Italian anthem from WWII times called "Giovinezza". Unpack the sounds.mod folder from the archive attached below this post into Your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe);

-> fixed some improper terrain placement on certain spots of the map (visible "black holes" in the ground);

-> now 2 men patrols will have mixed ranks: a private (grey uniform) armed with K98 Mauser together with a corporal armed with MP-40. I checked WWII German soldiers uniforms / insignia on Google graphics for a reference. I think, that now there is more balance - an army cannot consists solely of higher ranking soldiers;

-> every patrol consisting of single soldier is represented now by a private armed with K98 Mauser;

-> German soldiers with backpacks are now present only at the AA-guns positions (like shown on the mission selection picture);

-> a German guard will spawn from the building with the "St. Piemonte" sign near the water tower when certain event occurs;

-> a German gendarm from a "nearby town" will spawn at the gate near the main railway station building when certain event occurs;

-> lowered the enemy soldiers endurance value from 70% to 50%, so now a single chest-shot with a bolt-action rifle will be deadly for them.

Please download and test my newest Italy 3 mission version. Feedback will be appreciated! :grin:
Attachments
italy3.rar
Updated 05.06.2019
(722.78 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
sounds.mod.rar
New music track played in the railway station hall
(6.28 MiB) Downloaded 329 times
models.mod.rar
Edited locomotive model
(12.94 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 pm

After some editing i managed to replace the default Flak 88 model found in the Italy 3 mission with a new realistic looking one, which is also destroyable. Credits go to www.cadnav.com from which i downloaded the new Flak 88 model and NilsZ for providing info regarding 3ds Max. :cool:

I attached the updated Italy 3 mission below this post - please download it again.

Don't forget also to download and unpack the models.mod.rar and maps.mod.rar archives into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe) in order to have the new Flak 88 model present in the Italy 3 mission.

I also moved some searchlights closer to the AA-guns positions - it now makes more sense.

Please give me later some feedback! nods01
Attachments
italy3.rar
Updated 10.06.2019
(746.65 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
maps.mod.rar
New Flak 88 textures
(741.63 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
models.mod.rar
New Flak 88 model
(806.83 KiB) Downloaded 307 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 pm

After some editing i managed to replace the default Flak 20 mm model found in the Italy 3 mission with a new better looking one, which is also destroyable. Credits go to https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/heavy_weap ... nnon-.html from which i downloaded the new Flak 20mm model. :cool:

I attached the updated Italy 3 mission below this post - please download it again.

Don't forget also to download and unpack the models.mod.rar and maps.mod.rar archives into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe) in order to have the new Flak 20 mm model present in the Italy 3 mission.

I think, that those are the final changes implemented by me in the Italy 3 mission so far. If there will be no more ideas for further changes / bugs found i will proceed to the next mission (Danube 2).

Please give me later some feedback!
Attachments
maps.mod.rar
New Flak 20mm textures
(987.88 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
models.mod.rar
New Flak 20mm model
(36.13 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
italy3.rar
Updated 11.06.2019
(916.24 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:28 am

Meanwhile i looked again into the Danube 2 mission.

Changes that i implemented so far:

-> all enemies resistance on the map set to 50%

-> switched most patrolling / guarding enemy soldiers on the Danube 2 map to gendarme / police (police.i3d model). Quotes from the video briefing:

"It is necessary to get unobserved past police guards [...]" and "If we are discovered, we can be sure that gendarmes from the whole town are going to run there."

-> switched most of the spawning enemy soldiers on the Danube 2 map to privates rank (grey uniform without rank insignia). Since we are "deep behind enemy lines" (according to the instructor from video briefing) i assume that most higher ranking / more experienced soldiers are transferred elsewhere on the front line / to deal with the Yugoslavian partisans threat

-> each 2-men patrol consists now of a soldier armed with MP40 and a soldier armed with K98 Mauser

Please download and test the newest Danube 2 mission update attached below this post.
Attachments
Sentry at the bridge.JPG
Sentry at the bridge.JPG (101.46 KiB) Viewed 10986 times
Gendarmes patrol.JPG
Gendarmes patrol.JPG (95.47 KiB) Viewed 10986 times
danube2.rar
Updated 13.06.2019
(1021.33 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm

So now i will look again into the Danube 3 mission. There are few things that i want to check. :idea:

Changes that i implemented in the Danube 3 mission so far:

-> all enemies resistance set to 50%;

-> replaced the default locomotive model with a edited version (the same as introduced in my newest Italy 3 mission);

-> removed the "minefields" from both river banks - after all this is an exaggeration and artificially raising the level of mission difficulty (already high enough);

-> optimized guarded areas assigned for enemy soldiers from Zelezna Vrata complex;

-> fixed some problems regarding static collisions of objects on the map;

-> edited the default gunboat model - added a new destroyable version with texture (look much better and realistic than the default one);

-> improved the collisions volumes on the gunboat model - more protection for crew on board and the mounted MG operator;

-> gunboat's MG operator position placed on the center just directly behind the machine-gun for more realism;

-> edited the default half-track model - added new collisions volumes and optimized existing ones on mounted MG;

-> half-track's MG operator position placed on the center just directly behind the machine-gun for more realism.

See pictures below taken from HDD Editor. :cool:
Attachments
new destroyed gunboat model.JPG
new destroyed gunboat model.JPG (38.51 KiB) Viewed 10811 times
edited halftrack model.JPG
edited halftrack model.JPG (61.83 KiB) Viewed 10811 times
edited gunboat model.JPG
edited gunboat model.JPG (70.7 KiB) Viewed 10811 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:57 am

I attached the updated Danube 3 mission below with changes listed in previous post above - please download and test this mission.

Don't forget also to download and unpack the models.mod.rar archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe) in order to have the edited gunboat and halftrack models present in the Danube 3 mission.

I think, that those are the final changes implemented by me in the Danube 3 mission so far. If there will be no more ideas for further changes / bugs found i will proceed to the next mission (Danube 4).

Please give me later some feedback!
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Edited gunboat and halftrack models
(33.64 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
danube3.rar
Updated 27.06.2019
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 283 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:20 am

So now i will look again into the Danube 4 mission.

Changes that i implemented in the Danube 4 mission so far:

-> fixed some problems regarding static collisions of objects on the map;

-> placed the "partisan scout" to another safer location out of the reach of enemy fire (see picture below);

-> fixed the bug with TT-33 pistol that allowed constant shooting without need to reload;

-> added collision volumes to trees growing on the mission area. Now the AI won't see and shoot through the dense foliage anymore - which was an unfair advantage over the human player;

-> replaced 2 "captured" Lee-Enfields rifles from the "storage room" located in one of the bunkers with 2 "captured" Mosin-Nagant rifles.

Below i uploaded an updated Danube 4 mission with all the changes listed above. Please download and test it.
Attachments
danube4.rar
Updated 18.07.2019
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 251 times
Mosin-Nagant.JPG
Mosin-Nagant.JPG (56.15 KiB) Viewed 10628 times
partisan scout.JPG
partisan scout.JPG (133.56 KiB) Viewed 10638 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:43 pm

Further changes that i implemented in the Danube 4 mission:

-> replaced all enemy soldiers models on the map with the "Romanian gendarmes" model (see picture below);

-> re-positioned collision volumes on some trees, so the chances for the AI to see and shoot through dense foliage are eliminated or at least heavily reduced (according to recent tests that i made);

-> small bugs fixed.

Below i uploaded an updated Danube 4 mission with all the changes listed above. Please download and test it. Those are the final changes implemented by me in the Danube 4 mission so far - unless noticeable bugs will be found. If not i will proceed to the Danube 5 mission.
Attachments
danube4.rar
Updated 21.07.2019
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 223 times
Romanian gendarme.JPG
Romanian gendarme.JPG (101.86 KiB) Viewed 10592 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:59 pm

So now i will look again into the Danube 5 mission.

Changes that i implemented in the Danube 5 mission so far:

-> 2 partisans are armed now with Mosin-Nagant rifles (see attached picture below) instead of Lee-Enfield rifles.

Below i uploaded an updated Danube 5 mission with all the changes listed above. Please download and test it. Those are the final changes implemented by me in the Danube 5 mission so far - unless noticeable bugs will be found. If not i will proceed to the Italy 1 mission.
Attachments
danube5.rar
Updated 27.07.2019
(879.45 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Partisans with Mosin-Nagant rifles.JPG
Partisans with Mosin-Nagant rifles.JPG (96.97 KiB) Viewed 10520 times