H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 am
[...]
Removing the Spagin
[...]
...and you use 1 for the .38 Enfield.
Spagin has a wider meaning, than just the PPSh-41 submachine gun. In addition, the new revolver that i added into H&D Deluxe is NOT the .38 Enfield.

I deliberately named both those weapons in that way in H&D Deluxe.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 am

2.) First off, Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source, as it can be edited by anybody, you and me included. It's why teachers and professors disallow their students from using it.
But, for the benefit of doubt, let's say it's true; the Wikipedia page also says, "a decision had been taken by Allied authorities to supply .30 caliber weapons from US stocks in the weapons containers dropped to Resistance groups".
If you don't trust Wikipedia, make a research yourself and provide an alternative info source about WW2 weapons.

By the way in each Wikipedia article, the article's creator should provide sources (books, Internet, etc) in form of footnotes, if there are missing sources (footnotes) the article's author should add them to the article. Missing footnotes could be a basis for questioning the whole article or its part. If there is something "wrong" with a particular Wikipedia article, there should be a "warning info" placed in that article - meaning that the article should be further updated and corrected.

I used the info from Wikipedia articles about some WW2 infantry weapons presented in H&D Deluxe - regarding their weight, calibre, magazine size, effective firing range, users. If the informations seen by you are not correct, please tell me Myron which in particular and why? Could you prove that? If not, i will still stick to the Wikipedia as the main source of informations for my H&D Deluxe modding work.

I will be more than happy to correct wrong info, since i want the H&D Deluxe weapons to be as realistic as possible (however keep in mind that this is still only a video game with all its limitations).

We need to explain this matter once and for all to avoid future misunderstandings. Since you raised publicly the problem about the Wikipedia being not a reliable source here on the H&D forum, i am forced to react accordingly, because i used info from Wikipedia articles in my modding work. I really don't want to be suspected of ignorance in the topic of WW2 weapons...

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 am

Ok, I admit, I don't know of any major inaccuracy of Wikipedia concerning WWII guns. But I do know of some inaccuracies in other things.

One random example; chemistry, Wikipedia says that Titanium is "one of the few elements that can burn without oxygen", but in actuality, it is the ONLY element that can burn without oxygen.

Where there is one important error, there has to be more. And I do know of more.

Still, granted, there are too few other sources of information on WWII weapons. :(
Therefor, I take back what I said about using Wikipedia.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:11 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 am
Ok, I admit, I don't know of any major inaccuracy of Wikipedia concerning WWII guns. But I do know of some inaccuracies in other things.

One random example; chemistry, Wikipedia says that Titanium is "one of the few elements that can burn without oxygen", but in actuality, it is the ONLY element that can burn without oxygen.

Where there is one important error, there has to be more. And I do know of more.

Still, granted, there are too few other sources of information on WWII weapons. :(
Therefor, I take back what I said about using Wikipedia.

Twisted answer, but an answer finally... :roll:
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:51 pm

I added a new Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 inventory icon, in-game and aim models into H&D Deluxe. See pictures below.

The new Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 rifle model and related texture were downloaded from https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/ website.

The new rifle has also a realistic shooting sound downloaded from Youtube and text description taken from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin–Nagant.

I though, that this rifle could be used by some of the enemy and friendly soldiers in H&D Deluxe. In addition, the player would have a chance to obtain few pieces in some missions. However, i don't want the new rifle to be available in H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens (the scrolling list).

If you are interested Myron, please let me know, so i will continue my work to fully implement the Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 rifle into H&D Deluxe (we should decide together in which particular missions the rifle would be available).
Attachments
New Mosin-Nagant in-game model.JPG
New Mosin-Nagant in-game model.JPG (92.49 KiB) Viewed 14888 times
Mosin-Nagant inventory icon.JPG
Mosin-Nagant inventory icon.JPG (115.04 KiB) Viewed 14903 times
Mosin-Nagant aim model.JPG
Mosin-Nagant aim model.JPG (66.43 KiB) Viewed 14911 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:17 pm

I replaced the old M1A1 Carbine inventory, in-game and aim models with new better looking ones found on https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/ . See pictures below.

I could upload the needed files, so you could see and use this new M1A1 Carbine model in H&D Deluxe. Please let me know Myron, if you are interested.
Attachments
New M1A1 Carbine in-game model.JPG
New M1A1 Carbine in-game model.JPG (95.05 KiB) Viewed 14890 times
New M1A1 Carbine aim model.JPG
New M1A1 Carbine aim model.JPG (97.55 KiB) Viewed 14898 times
New M1A1 Carbine inventory icon.JPG
New M1A1 Carbine inventory icon.JPG (109.9 KiB) Viewed 14898 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:46 pm

I added a new Tokarev TT-33 pistol inventory icon, in-game and aim models into H&D Deluxe. See pictures below.

The new Tokarev TT-33 pistol model and related texture were downloaded from https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/ website.

The new pistol has also a realistic shooting sound downloaded from Youtube and text description taken from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TT_pistol.

I though, that this pistol could be used by some of the enemy and friendly soldiers in H&D Deluxe. In addition, the player would have a chance to obtain few pieces in some missions. However, i don't want the new pistol to be available in H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens (the scrolling list).

If you are interested Myron, please let me know, so i will continue my work to fully implement the Tokarev TT-33 pistol into H&D Deluxe (we should decide together in which particular missions the pistol would be available).
Attachments
New TT-33 aim model.JPG
New TT-33 aim model.JPG (101.09 KiB) Viewed 14878 times
New TT-33 in-game model.JPG
New TT-33 in-game model.JPG (80.83 KiB) Viewed 14878 times
New TT-33 inventory icon.JPG
New TT-33 inventory icon.JPG (110.1 KiB) Viewed 14878 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:58 am

Very Nice!
Make them.

But like the Spagin, the Mosin and Tokarev wounld only make sense in the hands of partisans and Soviet troops, so no need to add them to the inventory selection; though I hope they can still be captured and taken to the next mission.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:52 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:58 am
Very Nice!
Make them.

But like the Spagin, the Mosin and Tokarev wounld only make sense in the hands of partisans and Soviet troops, so no need to add them to the inventory selection; though I hope they can still be captured and taken to the next mission.
Thank you for the feedback Myron!

Below i uploaded the new M1A1 Carbine model. Unpack the folders from the "M1A1 Carbine.rar" archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge folders if needed.
Attachments
M1A1 Carbine.rar
(5.93 MiB) Downloaded 505 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:07 am

Below i uploaded the *.rar archives that are containing the Tokarev TT-33 pistol, the Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 rifle and the updated data.dta archive (marked as "Updated 20.02.2018").

Unpack the folders from the "Tokarev TT-33.rar" and "Mosin-Nagant.rar" archives into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing folders if needed.

Unpack the "data.rar" archive into your H&D Deluxe data directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data). Make a backup first of the original file!

You will need also "THE H&D DELUXE ULTIMATE MOD NEW MODELS FOR DEFAULT WEAPONS PACK VERSION 3.0" mod installed.

If you downloaded and installed in your H&D Deluxe the new M1A1 Carbine model, Webley Mk IV.38 revolver, Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 rifle and Tokarev TT-33 pistol use the data.dta archive posted below (marked as "Updated 20.02.2018") instead of the version that came together with the mod (because in this case it would be incompatible).

The newest data.dta archive (marked as "Updated 20.02.2018") contains all previous changes including new models for default H&D Deluxe weapons and completely new weapons (Webley Mk IV.38 revolver, Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 rifle and Tokarev TT-33 pistol).

For now, the Tokarev TT-33 and Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 are only added to the main inventory lists (inventry_0.tab and inventry_1.tab files), but are not available to equip into campaigns - neither used by anyone (friendly or enemy soldiers) in H&D Deluxe missions.

We should decide together in which particular missions those 2 new weapons should be available (used by partisans and Soviet troops plus stored in certain places). The updated missions will be uploaded in this topic: https://hidden-and-dangerous.net/board/ ... start=1035.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 20.02.2018
(559.83 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Mosin-Nagant.rar
(3.32 MiB) Downloaded 467 times
Tokarev TT-33.rar
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 556 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Holy crap, my notification failed to tell me about this stuff. I will have to download it. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I came here to ask if the sound of your revolver was okay after that last data download. Mine seems to be silent. If yours works, then I simply will have to re-download the sound file on the revolver.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:36 pm
Holy crap, my notification failed to tell me about this stuff. I will have to download it. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I came here to ask if the sound of your revolver was okay after that last data download. Mine seems to be silent. If yours works, then I simply will have to re-download the sound file on the revolver.

Remember to use the newest data.dta archive version available (it includes all of the new models for default weapons and all new weapons on the main inventory lists). It is marked "Updated 20.02.2018 new campaigns layout".

I tested the new Webley Mk IV.38 revolver in one mission from the H&D 1 campaigns (Italy 1) and in one mission from the FFF campaigns (Ardennes 1) - in both cases i heard the gun shot. Maybe you just need to adjust the sound volume in game options or you "installed" the new weapon sound incorrectly. However, i recently edited the revolver shooting sound in the GoldWave software, because the original sound was too quiet in my opinion. Please download the whole "Webley MK IV.38" rar archive again. In your case Myron, you will only need to extract the sounds folder from that particular archive to your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing folder if needed. If you still have problems or questions regarding this new weapon please let me know.
Attachments
Webley Mk IV .38.rar
Updated 24.02.2018
(4.09 MiB) Downloaded 471 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:11 pm

I am trying to implement a new Italian origin bolt-action rifle - "Fucile di Fanteria Mod. 91/38" into H&D Deluxe.

I found a free model on the https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/sh0tguns/9 ... 91-38.html website and i will try to put it into the game.

My plan is, to equip the communist partisans in the Yugoslavian and Italian campaigns with those rifles plus add them into certain missions (i.e. as "captured" weapons).

I will inform You Myron about any progress in that matter.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:39 am

During recent Danube 1 mission testing, i found out that the new Mauser K98 scope and non-scoped rifles models in the hands of AI and player are placed incorrectly (the weapons seemed to be held only in one hand instead of two - as it supposed to be in real life). See pictures below. However, i managed only to fix the Mauser K98 rifles positions in standing and crouching stances. In the lying position the placement of both weapons in hands is a bit inappropriate, but i don't think that i would be able to fix that without changing the character animation model itself (which i never did before). Extract the updated models.mod.rar archive uploaded below into your main H&D Deluxe directory (C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing models.mod folder and replace both older Mauser K98 rifle types models with the newer ones.

I will check other new models for default H&D Deluxe rifles (as well as the completely new rifles) for bugs.
Attachments
Updated Mauser K98 scope.JPG
Updated Mauser K98 scope.JPG (92.51 KiB) Viewed 14783 times
Updated Mauser K98 non-scope.JPG
Updated Mauser K98 non-scope.JPG (93.45 KiB) Viewed 14783 times
models.mod.rar
Updated 25.02.2018
(166.41 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:00 pm

During recent Danube 1 mission testing, i found out that the new Lee-Enfield scope and non-scoped rifles models in the hands of AI and player are placed incorrectly (the weapons seemed to be held only in one hand instead of two - as it supposed to be in real life). See pictures below. However, i managed only to fix the Lee-Enfield rifles positions in standing and crouching stances. In the lying position the placement of both weapons in hands is a bit inappropriate, but i don't think that i would be able to fix that without changing the character animation model itself (which i never did before). Extract the updated models.mod.rar archive uploaded below into your main H&D Deluxe directory (C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing models.mod folder and replace both older Lee-Enfield rifle types models with the newer ones.
Attachments
Updated Lee-Enfield sniper.JPG
Updated Lee-Enfield sniper.JPG (98.12 KiB) Viewed 14777 times
Updated Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk I.JPG
Updated Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk I.JPG (77.77 KiB) Viewed 14777 times
models.mod.rar
Updated 25.02.2018
(220.9 KiB) Downloaded 309 times