What do you think is missing from the H&D community

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:19 pm

I'm conducting a small survey before I change the way you operate in the Hidden and Dangerous community. Please let me know what you think is lacking from our small but great community or what you think is missing and you would like to see. Your feedback only helps our community. Feel free to mention something that has already been mentioned, helps me to know how many people want something.

I'll get the ball rolling by saying competitions are lacking/missing. Let's get some healthy competitions going with clans and prizes would be nice.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

[Panico]Mirco
Private

Unread post by [Panico]Mirco » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:49 am

i think that the main problem is the lack of support by Illusion Softworks. :(

{VoD}fruity
Private

reply to survey

Unread post by {VoD}fruity » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:22 am

definetly the lack of support given to us by illusion their site has not changed since getting h&d2 and sabre squadron. also i may be doing something wrong but i cannot connect to any games on the net at all .i have tried countless times to but have just resigned to giving up :( maybe me or maybe a bit of dodgy code but who knows but it has marred my enjoyment of the game. also modding tools practically every game now that you buy you have the ability to alter the game,this is something the h&d2 developers need to sort out as im sure it would affect any future buisness for them and bring a new spark to the h&d games. i play a lot of il2/pf, now. but the community for that (although their messed around on the patches)do have have the abilty to mod the planes/ maps/etc so there are always new things to try out.
I know ive probably rambled on but it is a shame that a game as good as h&d2/SS has been basically left out to dry by the developers which is a smack in the eye to the community who have shown loyalty to their product and basically are commiting a form of buisness suicide as we all know how picky and fussy we are as pc users lol :D .

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:27 am

Most of my clan is missing from it just now. :evil:
competitions are lacking/missing
There is the ClanBase ladder, though many of the old clans have drifted away. MAU and Panico host their own ladder I think, but I don't know much about it. SpelTV also organised an Objectives mode league, which was good fun but fell apart due to a lack of interest and some of the clans leaving.

The main thing is the ability to mod the game, although eventually some clever people found a way to get past this to some extent, with the Partisan mod and the various co-op maps that have been released. However, the game's total lack of support for modders is a real killer. Operation Flashpoint is the best war game out there as far as I'm concerned, and this is mainly because it has a superb in-built editor. More developers should take note of that. Because of the editor and the ability to make addons and so on, the flashpoint community is still going strong 4 years after the game was originally released.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:21 am

Theres a lack of accurate and authentic information in the community.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

SOFBear
Private

Unread post by SOFBear » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:54 am

I think that the German (Dutch?) site(s) show much promise particularly in the area of English language support. I still can't figure out how to install some of the missions and would like to have a good English language interface--which could take some doing, admittedly.

The lack of a mission editor from Illusion is lamentable but as the adage goes "it is what it is".

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:25 pm

Well, if you have played OFP, you know that the player made missions are extreamly unauthentic.

I think they didnt want all these really unauthentic HD2 maps made. :)

What kinda help do you need "installing" the missions?
If you want I can help you over messanger.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

KoD
Corporal

Unread post by KoD » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm

Community is divided into smaller clan driven sites, one single source of information would be my choice. If international users who don't speak/read in English could turn the switch/option and communicate in their own language, I think we might have a winner or at least be on the same page as far as updates, custom maps etc.

Support from IS - especially on two fronts, editing and patches. Latest patch dates back to release of SS and as everyone knows bugs or buggers and cheaters are killing the game. Somehow I think IS gave up on H&D2 and its hard core fans, at least for the time being.

Another more or less site/forum specific request is the search engine option. Incorporate use or Boolean search or just implement Google. With extensive data base it is difficult and time consuming to go thru each thread to find what you looking for, especially since some of them contain off topic posts.

Chees!

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:02 am

Wasnt on my mind before, but now I agree with KoD.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:27 pm

KoD has said the main points, so I have nothing else to add and get my voice together with others.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Trebissky
Corporal

Re: What do you think is missing from the H&D community

Unread post by Trebissky » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:27 am

What do you think is missing from the H&D community?

THIS:  http://p072.ezboard.com/bhiddenanddangerous2

ImageImage no_01
Last edited by Trebissky on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS

Bighouse
Sergeant

Unread post by Bighouse » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:24 am

I agree with Trebbs. It's a shame that it is now closed.  I haven't been there for a long time so I do not know if it was active or not, but for me it was the main place for H&D related discussions. The developers also came there to join the discussions.
That was the place were we waited for H&D2 to be released and praised H&D Deluxe and it's editor.

Luckily we still have this site. Otherwise the community would just drop down and die.  :cry:

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:38 pm

Old memories eh Treb? Let me take you back to the good old times  grin01
The god ol´days
Last edited by Lars on Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:38 am

cookies... we miss cookies, the kind with chocolate chips in it!  nods01
Rendevouz with destiny!

Jackass
Lieutenant

Unread post by Jackass » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:13 am

Hello, just looking in to see how it's going. Don't know if anyone remembers me. Jackass from Butcher & Bolt [B&B].

One day, I'll definitly return.
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt