H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:13 pm

I managed to revert to my previous settings.

Now you will have All items from stock H&D and FFF expansion available throughout the 1-6 campaigns and All FFF items available throughout 7-9 campaigns - divided into separate groups like you requested before. thup01

Most important, i was finally able to edit the MP44 from FFF! thup01

All i needed was to open the inventry_1.tab using HDD editor, edit the MP44 settings and click Export. Then i replaced the inventry_1.tab with the newly edited one and it works! :grin:

For the whole time i was using a wrong method, lol.

Below i uploaded the modified data.dta archive with changes made to FFF MP44.

Now, you will have no wrongly assigned items in FFF campaigns! thup01

I could edit the list further if you wish, adding i.e. my own custom items - please let me know.
Attachments
Modified data - edited FFF MP44.rar
Updated 27.09.2017 - with modified FFF MP44
(562.23 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Hmm, gonna test. wink01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 pm
Hmm, gonna test. wink01
So, are you happy with those recent changes that i have made for you?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:59 pm
Myron wrote:
Hmm, gonna test. wink01
I am VERY happy. :grin:

But sadly, you are right, this version doesn't work well with your custom-made campaign; the Russians have Johnsons, and any Kraut that has a non-scoped k98 now has a Carbine. :sad: The error is very similar to what I went through when Jason tried to overhaul the game.

I changed to your older data, and while I don't like it, I do LOVE you campaign changes. Czechoslovakia 2 is a freaking Battlefield! :mrgreen:

I know you need a break, but a huge part of my dream of the "ultimate mod" happened to include an overhaul of all the missions as well. frown01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:59 pm
Myron wrote:
Hmm, gonna test. wink01
I am VERY happy. :grin:

But sadly, you are right, this version doesn't work well with your custom-made campaign; the Russians have Johnsons, and any Kraut that has a non-scoped k98 now has a Carbine. :sad: The error is very similar to what I went through when Jason tried to overhaul the game.

I changed to your older data, and while I don't like it, I do LOVE you campaign changes. Czechoslovakia 2 is a freaking Battlefield! :mrgreen:

I know you need a break, but a huge part of my dream of the "ultimate mod" happened to include an overhaul of all the missions as well. frown01

Hello,

i am glad to hear that you liked my changes! thup01

The last mission of the Czechoslovakia campaign is quite spectacular i must say. I even recorded a video long time ago, that is showing the Russian attack on the airfield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xG1HQBdHkQ. Each time you play the mission, the outcome of the Russian attack could be different!

About the overhauls of the stock H&D Deluxe missions: some of them are hard to change to anything interesting, because the map is either too small or all interesting ideas were already used by game developers. However, if you still want to change some stock H&D Deluxe missions, tell me precisely what changes you want and i will decide if this could be done.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:26 pm

I am the kind of player who always rushes to save my bot allies, IF it's the kind of game where the bots do NOT respawn.

Like, there is no point in saving your allies in COD4 because a new guy spawns whenever one dies.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Now you will have All items from stock H&D and FFF expansion available throughout the 1-6 campaigns and All FFF items available throughout 7-9 campaigns - divided into separate groups like you requested before. thup01

All i needed was to open the inventry_1.tab using HDD editor, edit the MP44 settings and click Export. Then i replaced the inventry_1.tab with the newly edited one and it works! :grin:

I could edit the list further if you wish, adding i.e. my own custom items - please let me know.
Uh oh, something has happened. :shock:

I decided to go back to this data, and so I deleted the data needed to try out your modified missions, and re-downloaded this; and now the weapons has at least three gaps, including both the Browning and BAR. :sad:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Uh oh, something has happened. :shock:

I decided to go back to this data, and so I deleted the data needed to try out your modified missions, and re-downloaded this; and now the weapons has at least three gaps, including both the Browning and BAR. :sad:

You cannot have few data.dta archives at the same time in your H&D Deluxe / data directory.

You need to use the data.dta that is suited for the missions that you are currently playing.

Perhaps, you replaced the archive during playing the H&D Deluxe campaigns.

Well, i replaced my previous data.dta with the modified one to edit stock H&D Deluxe missions for you and i didn't encounter any problems in inventory list.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi Thorir,

here you could post Your questions, feedback and ideas for the "H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls" project.

This way we will avoid confusion, otherwise Myron will have a hard time to catch up with all that new posts, lol.

Thank You for Your understanding! nods01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi Thorir,

i received a PM from You. Thank You very much for the feedback! thup01

I managed to create few new uniform textures to be seen in my H&D Deluxe add-ons: Japanese soldier, Kriegsmarine sailor and Kriegsmarine officer uniforms. I made all of them using Google graphics images as a reference and Windows Paint as a re-texturing tool, so the results are not so good as for the stock H&D Deluxe uniforms. However, i like the results.

Italian soldiers used Carcano rifles as their primary rifle type and a submachine-gun type which name i forgot, lol.

About the modified missions difficulty level: well, this depends on the particular player point of view.

For most of the missions having a good sniper in SAS team would be an advantage.

Few missions require more firepower than usual, so light machine-guns would be useful.

Few frag grenades also could be taken into each mission.

In few of my modified H&D Deluxe missions you will receive some help from friendly troops: Italian partisans in Italian campaign, Tito partisans in Yugoslavian campaign and Red Army troops in Czechoslovakian campaign. This is quite spectacular, especially in the Czechoslovakian campaign. thup01

You will also have a chance to use stolen enemy equipment (motorcycles, halftracks, tanks, patrol boats) to your advantage in some missions.

The enemy AI has it own weaknesses, so you will need only to be patient and use proper tactics to be able to complete the whole game. thup01

If you have any questions regarding my modified H&D Deluxe missions, feel free to ask.

Thorir
Corporal

Unread post by Thorir » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:39 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Hi Thorir,

i received a PM from You. Thank You very much for the feedback! thup01

I managed to create few new uniform textures to be seen in my H&D Deluxe add-ons: Japanese soldier, Kriegsmarine sailor and Kriegsmarine officer uniforms. I made all of them using Google graphics images as a reference and Windows Paint as a re-texturing tool, so the results are not so good as for the stock H&D Deluxe uniforms. However, i like the results.

Italian soldiers used Carcano rifles as their primary rifle type and a submachine-gun type which name i forgot, lol.

About the modified missions difficulty level: well, this depends on the particular player point of view.

For most of the missions having a good sniper in SAS team would be an advantage.

Few missions require more firepower than usual, so light machine-guns would be useful.

Few frag grenades also could be taken into each mission.

In few of my modified H&D Deluxe missions you will receive some help from friendly troops: Italian partisans in Italian campaign, Tito partisans in Yugoslavian campaign and Red Army troops in Czechoslovakian campaign. This is quite spectacular, especially in the Czechoslovakian campaign. thup01

You will also have a chance to use stolen enemy equipment (motorcycles, halftracks, tanks, patrol boats) to your advantage in some missions.

The enemy AI has it own weaknesses, so you will need only to be patient and use proper tactics to be able to complete the whole game. thup01

If you have any questions regarding my modified H&D Deluxe missions, feel free to ask.
The Italian SMG is Beretta M38. However they certainly used German arms too.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi Myron,

there is a program called Captura - easy to use and it could record also sound from H&D Deluxe (checked on Windows 10 OS).

You could use Captura instead of Hyper Cam 2 and Fraps. I wasn't able to record sound from H&D Deluxe using those softwares in Windows 10 OS.

I attached the Captura installation file compressed in rar archive.
Attachments
Main window.JPG
Main window.JPG (102.45 KiB) Viewed 66500 times
Hotkeys.JPG
Hotkeys.JPG (96.01 KiB) Viewed 66500 times
Captura-Setup.rar
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 405 times