H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Here is the MP40 sight in FFF.
Attachments
hd2db001-144526_320w.jpg
hd2db001-144526_320w.jpg (12.46 KiB) Viewed 37047 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:31 pm
Are you able to play the missions of the original FFF?

If you do, you can see what I meant about the MP40 and MP44 sights.

I unistalled both H&D 1 and FFF expansion. Moreover, the classic H&D 1 and FFF could not be edited using HDD Editor, so those games are not suited for modding.

Do you want me to upload the edited data.dta or not? This way you could test it.

As i wrote to you earlier i am going to sleep in couple of minutes.

Please let me know.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Go to sleep, you need it.
We will test later. ;)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 pm
Go to sleep, you need it.
We will test later. ;)
If you say so.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:13 am

I decided to upload here the modified data.dta archive, so you will have actually a chance to test it in your H&D Deluxe.

If you want me to make any other changes in the file please let me know.

Remember to make a backup of the original data.dta first in case that something goes wrong!

I am waiting from your feedback regarding the changes that i have made in the stock data.dta archive.

As far as i know everything should work smoothly.
Attachments
modified data.rar
(558.13 KiB) Downloaded 447 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:05 am

Ok. Tested it out. Here is what I've found so far.

1.) Bad news, the "Campaign Ammo Load" area, where you requisition weapons and equipment at the start of the campaign, is a bit disorganized. Each campaign has totally different way of arranging what goes where and how, and it makes me confused. :oops:

Sometimes everything is sorted by nationality, and other times by weapon type, and other times it just looks random. I, for one, prefer "by weapon type", if that makes sense. :idea:
Here is what I mean; suppose you scroll down through the weapons, you will see,
Pistols,
Rifles,
Sniper Rifles,
SMGs,
BAR and MP44,
LMGs,
And then everything else; mines, dynamite, radio receivers, uniforms, cameras, binoculars, and flare guns.

2.) Good News! The MP40 is the fast little SMG it's supposed to be, for the WHOLE game! :mrgreen:

3.) Bad News, The MP44 is still slow in the last 3 campaigns, Poland/Easter Prussia, Ardennes/Belgium, and Greece. :sad:

4.) Good News, The BAR that I love so dearly, you gave it to me. Thank you so much. :grin:

5.) Bad News, my younger brother, Victor, is obsessed with pistols, and yet the Lugar is nowhere on the weapons-selection in the first six campaigns. One would think it'd be available starting at the Yugoslavia campaign, just like the MP40. :-?

6.) Historically, the game's M1 carbine, and the one I have IRL, have 15 rounds in the "short magazines", (and 30 for the "long magazines", but those didn't exist until the Korean War). The first six campaigns have the correct 15 rounds, but then they drop to original, (and incorrect), 10 round magazines.

7.) DB/FFF, unlike the vanilla game, gave the Lee Enfield 10 rounds instead of 5, but the Vanilla game used a the newer Mk4 model, whereas FFF uses the older WW-1 model. Sadly, despite your written description in the game, the MK4 model still has only 5 rounds. Though I wonder, for the sake of variety, can BOTH models be present in the selection screen? Or does it go past the 64 gun capacity? :|

P.S. Your new avatar, who is that?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:19 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:05 am
Ok. Tested it out. Here is what I've found so far.

1.) Bad news, the "Campaign Ammo Load" area, where you requisition weapons and equipment at the start of the campaign, is a bit disorganized. Each campaign has totally different way of arranging what goes where and how, and it makes me confused. :oops:

Sometimes everything is sorted by nationality, and other times by weapon type, and other times it just looks random. I, for one, prefer "by weapon type", if that makes sense. :idea:
Here is what I mean; suppose you scroll down through the weapons, you will see,
Pistols,
Rifles,
Sniper Rifles,
SMGs,
BAR and MP44,
LMGs,
And then everything else; mines, dynamite, radio receivers, uniforms, cameras, binoculars, and flare guns.

2.) Good News! The MP40 is the fast little SMG it's supposed to be, for the WHOLE game! :mrgreen:

3.) Bad News, The MP44 is still slow in the last 3 campaigns, Poland/Easter Prussia, Ardennes/Belgium, and Greece. :sad:

4.) Good News, The BAR that I love so dearly, you gave it to me. Thank you so much. :grin:

5.) Bad News, my younger brother, Victor, is obsessed with pistols, and yet the Lugar is nowhere on the weapons-selection in the first six campaigns. One would think it'd be available starting at the Yugoslavia campaign, just like the MP40. :-?

6.) Historically, the game's M1 carbine, and the one I have IRL, have 15 rounds in the "short magazines", (and 30 for the "long magazines", but those didn't exist until the Korean War). The first six campaigns have the correct 15 rounds, but then they drop to original, (and incorrect), 10 round magazines.

7.) DB/FFF, unlike the vanilla game, gave the Lee Enfield 10 rounds instead of 5, but the Vanilla game used a the newer Mk4 model, whereas FFF uses the older WW-1 model. Sadly, despite your written description in the game, the MK4 model still has only 5 rounds. Though I wonder, for the sake of variety, can BOTH models be present in the selection screen? Or does it go past the 64 gun capacity? :|

P.S. Your new avatar, who is that?

Hello,

AD 1. I will look into it, but this will take lots of time to re-arrange.

AD 3. I will need to look into the FFF inventry_1.tab.

AD 5. "Luger" is a weapon added in FFF. You wanted me to add ONLY allied weapon from FFF to stock H&D. However, i could add Luger to available inventory list in some campaigns if there is some space left.

Ad 6. Yes, i need to edit also the FFF inventry_1.tab.

Ad 7. I will look into it.

The avatar is David Stirling the founder of SAS.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 am

1.) Do not worry, I am very patient.

3.) Thank you.

5.) I apologize, as I had completely forgotten about that pistol. It is Victor, not I, who is obsessed with pistols in this game.

6.) Thank you

7.) Thank you

Wow, really? I have read much, and yet never saw a picture of him. I didn't think he'd look so..., nerdy.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 am

I added the Mauser (Luger) pistol into few stock H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory, starting from Yugoslavia to Czechoslovakia. I didn't add this weapon to the first campaign in Italy. However, you cannot obtain this weapon from dead German soldiers, because they use it only in FFF expansion.

I changed the MP44 rate of fire (shoot delay value) to the one from stock H&D.

I replaced the stock H&D MK4 sniper rifle with the Lee Enfield sniper rifle from FFF. Now, it has 10 round magazine as it should.

I will need more time to re-arrange the weapons list in the H&D Deluxe inventory and see if they still match their descriptions - which is not as easy as it sounds. However, it is not my fault, that the item list is a mess, because the game developers made it that way. I only added new items into already existing list.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 am

Hello Myron,

i updated the data.dta archive for you. :grin:

It took another few hours of my work to do that.

All available items in the campaign inventory are divided into separate groups like you requested:

- pistols,

- rifles and sniper rifles,

- submachine-guns,

- assault rifles (MP44),

- light machine guns,

- anti-tank weapons (Bazooka and Panzerfaust),

- grenades,

- mines (anti-infantry and anti-tank),

- time-bomb (the stock one),

- radio (the one from the stock H&D Deluxe Norwegian campaign - it is not available in FFF expansion),

- German uniform (available in 3rd campaign of the stock H&D Deluxe),

- camera,

- binoculars,

- flare gun,

- knife.

More German items will be available in new campaigns in H&D Deluxe after the 1st one (Italy) is completed - just the same way as it was made in stock H&D Deluxe, as the player made progress throughout the game.

There is only a small item description issue - the German uniform in the inventory has a description: "Parabellum P'08", but the uniform could still be equipped into inventory in the 3rd H&D Deluxe campaign (Germany). There is a description mismatch somewhere in the gamemission.txt file, however the German uniform inventory icon is connected correctly. Maybe i will figure this out.

Below i posted 2 pictures to show examples of the new inventory items arrangement.

Any feedback will be appreciated!
Attachments
Modified data - updated.rar
(559.29 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
FFF inventory.JPG
FFF inventory.JPG (182.25 KiB) Viewed 36996 times
stock H&D inventory.JPG
stock H&D inventory.JPG (178.31 KiB) Viewed 36996 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Below i uploaded a picture, that is showing the German uniform, that could be equipped into the inventory in 3rd H&D Deluxe campaign (Germany).

As i mentioned before, the uniform has wrong text description assigned. I will try to fix that.
Attachments
German uniform from 3rd campaign.JPG
German uniform from 3rd campaign.JPG (174.33 KiB) Viewed 36979 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:34 pm
Here is the MP40 sight in FFF.
More screenshots I found for the heck of it.

MP44 and Sten this time.
Attachments
HiddenDangerous_ActionPack_r_image5.jpg
HiddenDangerous_ActionPack_r_image5.jpg (45.36 KiB) Viewed 36952 times
HiddenDangerous_ActionPack_r_image2.jpg
HiddenDangerous_ActionPack_r_image2.jpg (48.58 KiB) Viewed 36952 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 pm

I told you before, that i cannot restore this mode of aiming in H&D Deluxe...

You better tell me something about the newest data.dta update that i made for you.

Are you finally satisfied with the results or not?

Those are mostly cosmetic changes having no impact on actual gameplay, but you wanted them.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:39 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 am
I added the Mauser (Luger) pistol into few stock H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory, starting from Yugoslavia to Czechoslovakia. I didn't add this weapon to the first campaign in Italy. However, you cannot obtain this weapon from dead German soldiers, because they use it only in FFF expansion.

I changed the MP44 rate of fire (shoot delay value) to the one from stock H&D.

I replaced the stock H&D MK4 sniper rifle with the Lee Enfield sniper rifle from FFF. Now, it has 10 round magazine as it should.

I will need more time to re-arrange the weapons list in the H&D Deluxe inventory and see if they still match their descriptions - which is not as easy as it sounds. However, it is not my fault, that the item list is a mess, because the game developers made it that way. I only added new items into already existing list.
Well, I plan on combining this data file with your modified missions, so they will be available from dead Krauts, no?

Hmm, you may have accidently deleted the K98 non-scoped rifle, as it is never available in the first 6 campaigns. I checked them one-by-one. I figured it would be available starting at Yugoslavia.
The German gray grenade is also never made available.

The MP44 starting in the Poland campaign, Operation Mystic Wings, is still the slower version. :sad:

Sad that you had to change the Enfield rifle model, as the 10-round model is based on the older WWI rifle. It's ok, the description is a little off; the MK-4 model is the stock one, not the FFF one. ;) Otherwise, thank you very much for that. nods01

Good news though, I think non-scoped Enfield could pass off as a Mosin-Nagant, so you can equip Soviets with it. smile01

Speaking of grenades, bad news, the No.69 Grenade is timed, when it's supposed to be impact.

You say that the campaign item selection has a capacity for 65 options, no? I counted them in Czechoslovakia, and it's only 30. Plenty of space! :mrgreen:

I did some thinking, and I think having the German uniform in the Germany selection is pointless, as we spawn with it already. BTW, is the gray cunt-cap the only uniform option?

What is your opinion of the AT-mine pressure sensitivity?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:40 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 pm
I told you before, that i cannot restore this mode of aiming in H&D Deluxe...

You better tell me something about the newest data.dta update that i made for you.

Are you finally satisfied with the results or not?

Those are mostly cosmetic changes having no impact on actual gameplay, but you wanted them.
I know, you can't change that. I just felt like posting the pics because I knew about them. I had to get them off my chest.