Is It me?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
da fish
Sergeant

Is It me?

Unread post by da fish » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:38 pm

or has the average ping massively increased with the release of S.S.???

or perhaps ive been playing on all the wrong servers...... :?

Jason
Administrator

Is It me?

Unread post by Jason » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:26 pm

Mine has gotten better on some servers and stayed the same on others. I'm in Australia and on 56k my lowest ping is around 230 but in the server selection menu it always says double what it is in game.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Drozdov
Major

Is It me?

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:12 pm

I've noticed that coop with 6 players often lags badly. You get enemies jittering about, so that they're impossible to shoot. Which is annoying. And apparently, according to the select few 1FJD clan members who can actually host ( no_02 ) the demands put on the host are greater. It's no longer an advantage to be the host. 8)
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

olemiss
Corporal

Is It me?

Unread post by olemiss » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:52 am

no, it's me as well, sadly... ping is 9999 on all servers, even the greyed out ones, i've downloaded the patch and everything to no avail... i have a cable modem, dunno what's going on. It's quite sad, after all, I'm sure many of you bought the game for Co-op, even though I never played the original. I only bought SS bc i loved H & D 2 so much! Has anyone noticed that it freezes up a bit more as well? I've had to reboot twice in SS, NEVER in normal H&D2!