Call of Duty 2

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by Jason » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:59 am

http://phase0.blogspot.com/2005/02/call ... scans.html

Above is the link to some scanned pictures of Call of Duty 2 they aren't the best. I first saw some screenshots in my local magazine and the game looks really good. The engine looks like a masterpiece and hopefully the game will good too. I enjoyed the first Call of Duty, hopefully they won't bugger up the gameplay and just work on the graphics. The game beats the shit out of that pathetic looking Brothers In Arms or whatever it is called :roll:

But H&D3 will be better won't it Illusion! :)
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

new guy
Sergeant

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by new guy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:49 pm

Those are not scanned they are taken with a digital camera. :P

Alexander
Captain

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by Alexander » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:30 am

The game beats the shit out of that pathetic looking Brothers In Arms or whatever it is called
MY EYES!!!!! what are you saying!!! have you seen the brother in arms trailers, seen the features?, screenshots.? :shock:
Rendevouz with destiny!

Jackass
Lieutenant

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by Jackass » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:19 pm

Yeah!! lol, Brother In Arms is gonna be at least as good as Call Of Duty 2. :)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

RodneyJM
Private

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by RodneyJM » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:15 am

CoD 2 is fantastic, got the DVD yesterday. As soon as the game loads - your practically right in the thick of it, I wont let on too much. 8)

On another note - whats the latest on the Hidden & Dangerous 2 next patch?

Also, are there plans to release a H & D 3 ? :D
Intel 930 @ 4.2Ghz
Asus P5WD2-E mobo
2 x 512Mb Corsair 8000UL's @ 1:1, 3-2-2-4
HIS X1900 XTX
4 x Maxtor 6V300F0 & Raid-0
Realtec onbaord sound

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:18 am

You mean thick of winter?

Cuz, it sure doesnt load into combat...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Terjef
Private

Re: Call of Duty 2

Unread post by Terjef » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:16 am

[quote=""Jason""]But H&D3 will be better won't it Illusion! :)[/quote]

H&D2 is better

baff
Corporal

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by baff » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:14 am

Wasn't a big fan of Brothers in Arms.

Playable on the Xbox. But unfortunately directly ported to PC.

Looked really poor on the PC, textures designed for 800x600 all clunky and pixelated. AI designed to be very inaccurate to compensate for the console controller response speed. Tiny 64 MB maps.

The cut scenes weren't skippable and were just teenage toss with a load of Americans all saving the free world and swearing at each other. Imagine a really untalented bunch of people trying to mimic the screenplays for Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan. And then being so into themselves for what they had created that they disabled any opportunity for you to skip through it to the bit you actually bought it for, the gameplay.
The press hype was also designed to mimic Band of Brothers with all it's talk of "real locations" and interviews with the "actual people" there and so on.
Pretensious wank.

Level design and layout was good. (Considering the limitations of Xbox's system). Plenty of cover, plausibly scenarioed. Non linear.

I much prefer COD to this, and H&D to both. Avoid this game unless you are a console owner.

I have COD2 installed, looking foward to giving it a go. I expect to have it done dusted and uninstalled within 40 gaming hours, but I expect them to be good ones. Think I will finish Quake 4 first.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:43 am

Funny man... :arrow: :twisted:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

unclevadim2
Lieutenant

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by unclevadim2 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:55 pm

Call of Duty(1)
It is a lie!
In our army were заград. Groups
But receding armies who did not shoot!
For cowardice got in penal to a mouth "штрафбат" and it and so death!
For cowardice in fight execution on a place.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:21 am

Wheres Lars when you need him? Or Drozdov?

Are you saying that western governments have been lying to us all these years to make our cold war enemy seem more brutal then it really was?

That when troops retreated they wernt shot on the spot but recieved a verbal reprimand and were shot later?

Couldnt be!

Oldih
Global Moderator

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:38 pm

Well, CoD2 has nice visual quality, it is fun to play, and it has nice atmostrephe, but rest of the game... well... IMO, even CoD1 was beter.

AI sucsk, to be honest. Bloody allies can?t take down a one German soldier, even he would be standing in middle of a street and wondering "who you guys are?". I once watched that how allies can get the job done, but after 10seconds, they didn?t even hit close, all shots missed as hell :D

The health system is somewhat *original*, but if I want Halo, I would play Halo on Xbox. The system works somewhat, but like you can stand about 3-4s in front of MG42, even on the highest difficulty, then go behind a corenr for 4-5s and do it again. Bulletproof ubersoldier :P

Really, CoD2 has some nice things, but I didn?t like the health system, the AI, and even the promised *less-linear* stuff, well, if I don?t remember wrong, that one mission in the end where you are in that forest, was the only one with some feelings that you could have some less-linear stuff.

In my opinion, CoD2 is quite disapointing, compared to Brothers in Arms or even to CoD1. AI sucks, both your own AI soldiers and enemy, the heatlh system makes the game too easy, nade warning icon spoils some fun of that you had in H&D2 sometimes (just noticed that you had nade in front of you and about 1-3 seconds to react and decide what to do :P).

Atleast climbing over small obstacles was made nice. Myself, I didn?t like CoD2. For new FPS players, it is pretty user friendly, but for veteran who wants challenge, well, myself I find even CoD1 more challenging :)
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:53 pm

The health system adds to the cinimatic feel, helps make it a better movie that you play through...

unclevadim2
Lieutenant

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by unclevadim2 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:34 pm

Yes you deceived.
But also us too deceived.
Now it was known that in the beginning of war the help the USA to the Great Britain of Canada in military deliveries of the USSR irreplaceable.
All these years it was presented us as though the help was minimal and not significant.
It is a lot of lie as our and your!
Yes the second world war has certainly won the USSR
Yes the small countries of Europe have received communists
It now a history
But do not overlook that two generations has grown in the communistic environment in the East Europe.
And we Russian - 70 years lived without the god!
And yet do not overlook that in Czechia Гитлер has taken the beginning from a tacit consent of France and the Great Britain!
Who does not know?
The Frenchmen and British were the contract to help Czechia at an attack of Germany.
Have not helped.
The same the pact about not an attack between Молотовым and Либентропом...etc,etc,etc...

unclevadim2
Lieutenant

Call of Duty 2

Unread post by unclevadim2 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:03 pm

By the way STALIN - not Russian!
He is a Georgian!(Caucaus)
It{He} not Russian!!!
However in the south of Russia the most aggressive live Russian
In Siberia the strongest
In Moscow (where I live) the most scandalous and etc... :D :twisted: :!:

P.S
I have overlooked about Ural about the Far East
Also what if Alaska at the USA back to demand?
And at Latvia Klaipeda and etc.
Then can be and Prussia we shall give Germans?
The ground German and? :oops:
And Japan Kuril islands?