Sign the petition for an editor!

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:15 pm

http://www.petitiononline.com/hdeditor/

Go to the web site and sign the petition if you haven't already!
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

yoobie
Corporal

Unread post by yoobie » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:06 pm

I already did it, three times. But sigh, i can remember those times when thq was going to release red faction 2 (some sort of run and gun shooter, i got really addicted to the first versions multiplayer option... it was really fun although the game was unsupported by the creators, the community created patches themselves, they even managed to do dedicated servers and stuff) there was a petition for them to add a multiplayer version in rf2, over 50,000 sings, and a rumour says that they didnt even look at the site.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:15 pm

Yeah I made a couple maps for Red Faction under the name NetNerd85 :oops:

The RED editor was fun, yeah it sucked the game was completely unsupported. No mulitplayer for Red Faction 2 and Red Faction 1 had the best multiplayer ever!

The community for the game is still kicking, players come and go but it's good to see new players get the game and stuff.

H&D is a huge single player game, not many people play it for the online experience. I am sure more would come online if there were maps to download.

yoobie
Corporal

Unread post by yoobie » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:46 pm

Right now i play wolfenstein:et which is probably the most supported game of all times.. i mean, how unreal is a world in which the game developers log on to their forums (splashdamage.com) and actually TELL you how to create various stuff, support your projects and give you lots of tips, not just about how to run your game smoothly...

Splashdamage mentioned once that since the team itself is a bunch of modders, it would be unfair if they wouldnt be supporting other modders

The developers sometimes dont have enough time or money to support games. The goal is, release a game, fix any problems in a patch, and that should keep them shut untill a sequel comes out.

But the problem is that nowadays, gamers always want more than they get, no matter how much they get. I mean for example, you get a free first person ww2 shooter (ET) which you can download, and they even want more maps, more mods, more everything... this keeps the whole community going, but also makes it a lot harder for the devs to be truly supportive.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:11 pm

Yeah you do have a very good point.

It takes a long time to make a map perfect. I have spent a long time on maps I have made for other games and yeah they are nothing conpared to production maps but its all about time. It takes years for a game to be made and they only last a matter of months in the spot light, if that.

More and more games are coming out with modding & editing support but they are also taking longer and the quality of the singleplayer isn't as good. No mod matches the official package of a game IMO. I think it is just a great way to get the community talking :D and getting it to stay alive. Although like the red faction community... maps are made but rarely any one plays them so there are more map makers than map players so a lot of talent goes almost to waste.

H&D2 has taken 5 years to be completed. Thats a hell of a long time and I know that Illusion need to make their money to support that development process. Take 2 could have cancelled the project if they saw no light at the end of the tunnel. I am not sure on the funding of projects etc but it isn't cheap!

I am glad the original H&D2 missions are now going to be in coop :D (http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/interview.html)

Not a huge fan of coop but it adds to the community, keeps me as webmaster here and doing something with my spare time lol.

Without H&D I'd probably be going outside and doing sports *shudders* :lol:

yoobie
Corporal

Unread post by yoobie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:47 pm

Yeah, sadly enough for me, i find h&d to be the best way of relaxation :> after a two hour session of playing, i start to sneak out of my room unnoticed, lean around corners to see if there is any enemy, and then silently make me a sandwich with the lights off so that no one can spot me :D this game really modifies the way you see the world...