What should the next patch contain?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:35 pm

All I want from the next patch is bug-fixing. Specifically, the removal of the 'no respawn' bug (not likely, it's been common since the start) and the removal of the graphical 'green fields' crashes (which is possible since, for me at least, it's a new bug with the later patches and wasn't there at the start). Making the old SP maps coop-able would be cool, but it's probably not going to happen. If it was a simple project they would surely have made all the old maps coop-able with the SS expansion pack, but it's IS so maybe they just decided not to for no particular reason. :roll:
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Jackass
Lieutenant

Unread post by Jackass » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:13 am

I totally agree with ya Droz. :)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

deadlyart
Private

Unread post by deadlyart » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:29 am

The ability to mount the heavy machine gun on a window or something well knelling.
A MAP EDITOR!!!!!!!
New coop maps!
More objective maps!!
To clime up tanks and other vehicles, And to stay on them well they are moving! :D :D
And to get punkbusters for HD2ss and HD2 OR ANY ANTI-CHEAT

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:36 am

The ability to mount the heavy machine gun on a window or something well knelling.
Now that would be COOL :D, great suggestion 8)
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

new guy
Sergeant

Unread post by new guy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:45 am

[quote=""deadlyart""]The ability to mount the heavy machine gun on a window or something well knelling. [/quote]

*cough* day of defeat

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:11 pm

Punkbuster isn't required for H&D 2 - believe it or not, there are NO cheats out there that can be used in MP. And nobody has managed to hack the game, except some guy who uses a speed hack (SpeedyGonzalez or something, I've never seen him and as far as I know nobody else uses the same hack - it's useless anyway, he goes far too fast to do anything). The only cheating you get is the bastards who 'glitch' into walls and fire through them. :evil:
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

deadlyart
Private

Unread post by deadlyart » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:22 am

I have on last thing to say and that is they should make a quick speak for the Germans. That would be cool so that you now what side are talking. :idea:

So4RuShu
Private

Unread post by So4RuShu » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:14 pm

It's not realistic, that you can't shoot the light machine gun (you now, Bren Gun or Degtyarev DP1928) when you're standing or crouching, only in proning! It's not realistic. There can be at least a big recoil.
Who roasts others a sausage, has a sausage-roast engine!

(Sorry, this is a German joke and I translated it with Google)

?=[GS]=? H&D 2 Clan:
http://germansquad.clanpage.de

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:32 am

Why do i get the feeling there is going to be no more patches :evil: .........ever :cry:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:42 am

There is going to be at least one more, for a fact :wink:

Unless they cancelled it...
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:30 am

Great :o ................................................i just hope its in my life time :x

BFI
Private

Unread post by BFI » Sun May 01, 2005 5:44 am

ive only just joined the forum but im an avid fan of the game and play it non stop, however 2 simple changes i would like to see, probably not gonna happen but anyway..

the distance you can be seen from thing that i mentioned in another topic, and also after a while when not firing your weapon, the gun is lowered and it takes 1 click to raise it then to fire,

the number of times this has got me killed is ridiculous.

it lowers it in just enough time to become a problem and it the time it takes to click and raise it again is just enough time to get me shot.

in an ideal world id have the gun always raised and ready to shoot at all times except for sprinting, but the gun should automatically raise when u slow down again.

cake213

Party on

Unread post by cake213 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:27 am

You know what they say, let the good time roll.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:36 pm

There can be at least a big recoil.
Well that is one reason, but consider how your muscles get tired etc, and if I remember right, try to shoot about one minute with Bren while standing and your muscles are so tired after that that even a strongest man could barely hold the gun after that. So it is realistic. Even you could shoot though, after one minute = you barely can hold the weapon + your combat gear etc.

But this deploying on some places\places that are suitable, like a tankwreck or like some box etc would be nice.

Mainly, bugfixes, the promised co-op maps, possibly some new maps\small editing tools, and also AI fixes. Since I don?t play MP so much and I prefer SP in someways, I would like to see AI somewhat smarter than it is now (H&D2 AI nowdays is ok and sometimes acts pretty smartly, but more of a *team work* would be good for AI).
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

baff
Corporal

Unread post by baff » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:49 pm

co-op, map editor and improved NAT support, so that people playing behind a router can all join the same external internet server.

Probably could get away with updating the textures too now that hardware has moved on a bit.