Himmler etc

This is the place to talk about everything and anything.
DanX
Private

Himmler etc

Unread post by DanX » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:42 pm

Some discussion on german generals:

Wrooney wrote ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hermann Goring, Heinrich Himmler and Adolf Eichmann had lawyers, too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Trial of Eichmann , was a complete fake , anyway , don't compare Himmler to Saddam , it's juts doesn't make any sense .
Thing is Saddam was a dictator (supported by USA in the 80's) like a lot of countries have , and in the first Gulf war , USA and their vassals didn't try to get rid of him , they just freed Koweit .
But now it's different , it's an invasion ,upon lies and for economical and strategical goals , don't expect people to accept it ,and to watch your companies draining their oil on their own soil , humiliating them , pretending giving them democracy with rockets . it's called Imperialism .
the rest is propaganda .

The fact that you don't have a regular army doesn't imply that you are wrong , in WWII , the resistants were terrorists ,and were killing civilians too , my father was one .

Jason Wrote..

Quote:
don't compare Himmler to Saddam

Himmler was a complete coward. Towards the end of the war he pretended to be sick to avoid his "duty". He tried to make deals with the allies. He tried to escape. He was finally caught and he killed himself.

He also fainted when some brains splattered on his jacket during a jewish... shooting... hence the whole gasing thing... plus Nazi soldiers were going so they needed a more pleasant way...

Saddam is a little @#%$ cat who looks like a drunk father christmas

Jason
Administrator

Himmler etc

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:28 am

I've watched a few documentries on Himmler & the SS. Himmler was nothing and not much too look at either. Any one could have kicked the crap out of him. Very sick man though but he was nice to children.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Grenni
Sergeant

Himmler etc

Unread post by Grenni » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:25 am

That's why we call him Schrumpf-Germane (shrinkdown-German) :lol:
But I must admit, that I cannot fully understand this thread. It's comming out of nowhere starting with a post containing 2 quotations and no further comment :? ...
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Jason
Administrator

Himmler etc

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:40 am

Lol, sorry Grenni the post came from Fugue's forum

As you know he doesn't like topic's which are "juicey" so Dan sent it over here where things are a little more laid-back and easy going :wink:

frauhelga
Corporal

Re: Himmler etc

Unread post by frauhelga » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:22 am

[quote=""DanX""]The fact that you don't have a regular army doesn't imply that you are wrong , in WWII , the resistants were terrorists ,and were killing civilians too , my father was one .[/quote]

The resistants were not terrotists, at least that depends on your definition of terrorists.
I think a terrorist is someone who targets and kills civilians to get attention, blackmail those in charge and put fear into the population.
WW2 resistance groups did not do that, those groups that did kill innocent civilians on purpose were not resistance groups, I wouldnt call them that anyway.
Besides there was no 'Resistance', there were thousands of individual resistance groups, some good, some less so.
The Germans called the resistance terrorists, then that definition may have been accepted, but today we have a new kind of terrorism.
Besides who did ww2 resistance fighters terrorize?
The Germans!
Well that would make EVERY allied soldier a terrorist!

Damn I'd love to be able to play more resistance members online...

new guy
Sergeant

Himmler etc

Unread post by new guy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:01 am

I did some dictionary searches:

terrorist

adj : characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); "terrorist activity"; "terrorist state" n : a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

terrorism

n : the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear [syn: act of terrorism, terrorist act]

As the resistance fighters mainly targets the occupying (military) force i don't think you could count them as terrorists.

frauhelga
Corporal

Himmler etc

Unread post by frauhelga » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:59 am

Quite right, I am yet to find an example of a real resistance group targeting innocent civilians on purpose during ww2.
After all, most civilians would be people of your own country!

Drozdov
Major

Himmler etc

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:43 pm

They targetted people who were technically civilians, but they were Nazi collaborators, so in my view they're fair game.

I don't think you can say they were terrorist in nature. Perhaps in organisation.

I would LOVE a game about the Resistance, in France or any other country. Could be hard to make it realistic and believable without making it boring, though, since most of the work of the Resistance was in intelligence gathering. I guess you could just miss that out and focus on the sabotage missions. It'd be so good as a story-driven game, it's a setting with so much dramatic potential. Maybe once the gaming companies get bored with all the parachute/special forces regiments they'll make a game about the resistance. We can only hope.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Jason
Administrator

Himmler etc

Unread post by Jason » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:01 am

I would LOVE a game about the Resistance, in France or any other country.
http://www.sabotage1943.com

frauhelga
Corporal

Himmler etc

Unread post by frauhelga » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:28 pm

[quote=""Drozdov""]They targetted people who were technically civilians, but they were Nazi collaborators, so in my view they're fair game.

I don't think you can say they were terrorist in nature. Perhaps in organisation.

I would LOVE a game about the Resistance, in France or any other country. Could be hard to make it realistic and believable without making it boring, though, since most of the work of the Resistance was in intelligence gathering. I guess you could just miss that out and focus on the sabotage missions. It'd be so good as a story-driven game, it's a setting with so much dramatic potential. Maybe once the gaming companies get bored with all the parachute/special forces regiments they'll make a game about the resistance. We can only hope.[/quote]

Personally (obsessed with the Dutch resistance) I would love such a game and wouldnt mind at all to have realistic missions without any shooting.
For instance distributing underground newspapers to houses in a quiet street...first collect them at secret address, then transport them trough Amsterdam avoiding Checkpoint, then put them trough letterboxes...damn someone opens their door...oh no its a traitor...he starts shouting and pointing, quick on your bicycle...German soldiers...
Steal stamps from a office, paint messages on walls after cerfew, etc.
But also blow up traintracks, ammunition depots, shoot traitors, liberate comrades from prison, and go into hiding...
I would love to have a mission where all you do is sit inside a small room and kill time...let players realise that people in hiding simply did nothing at all...and just when it drives the player insane he cant do anything...the door bell rings, knocks on door, German boots on the stairs...he leaves the hiding place, up the roof and a chase starts on the roofs of Amsterdam.
In 5 years of resistance you could encounter a lot of action...
Any game developers around here...Ill help ye make the game 8)

frauhelga
Corporal

Himmler etc

Unread post by frauhelga » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:38 pm

[quote=""Jason""]
I would LOVE a game about the Resistance, in France or any other country.
http://www.sabotage1943.com[/quote]

Looks good although it will probably be filled with cliches.
And if its only sabotage...they could think of more!
Any idea when we can expect this game?

It seems a bit like its just walking around trying not to be seen and placing tnt.
But its to early to judge the game.
I'd love missions in crowded daylight squares with civilians everywhere, sun, music, happy people, laughing soldiers...and there you are with your secret mission...
Not everything was dark and shadowy!

And imagine the multiplayer options...in stead of shooting at everything you see...you find yourself in a czech4-like town, civilians everywhere....they could all be resistance, they can be neutral and they can even be on your side!
All you know is some of them are planning to shoot your general or perhaps steal documents or blow something up.
You check peoples paperwork, check their inventory...extra guards...hey whos that soldier, havent seen him before...whats the password for today buddy?
Oh no why do all those innocent civilians grab stenguns from their shoppingbags?
Oh no my best traitor among them is dead in that alleyway...oh no some of our prisoners are hitting the deck and running away...damn perhaps they were neutral after all!
All men inside, guard the general and shoot back damned!

Yeah...sounds like a good game 8)

Jason
Administrator

Himmler etc

Unread post by Jason » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:24 am

Well I found that game in mid-late 2003 :shock:

The trailer movie is good though :D well worth downloading and watching.

They haven't really released much information about the game. I know the company are looking for more people to join their team, so I have no idea what stage they are up to or when the game might be out.

The current web site is new, so they must be getting close to letting the public know more about it.