Can't launch the game! Help would be appreciated.

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
Mille
Private

Can't launch the game! Help would be appreciated.

Unread post by Mille » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:20 am

Well, hello there chaps!
My name is Mille, and I'm quite new to the forums. I honestly never thought I'd need to make a forum account, but what has happened yesterday is absolute blasphemy! no_02
I do not know how and I do not know why, but since yesterday I can't launch my game. It provides me with this certain error;

Unable to initialize grpahics. This program requires DirectX8 or greater. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed, you can obtain it
from www,microsoft,com. Also, install latest drivers for your graphics card. Finally, you may need to run IConfig.exe and select appropriate video mode.

Now here's the problem lads. I have checked my DirectX version, says it's the newest version. I checked my graphics card drivers, again, says it's the newest version, so no problem, right? After that I have tried launching, but the same error commenced again. Now, here's the deal with IConfig.exe. I don't think I have it, and I'm too paranoid to actually install it if there's a way. :-? I've heard about some very spooky stuff about the cmd console flashing nonstop with the message IConfig.exe, so if there is a way to avoid it I'd rather do that.

Help out a fellow H&D enthusiast, bretherin. I really wish to play this game again, maybe even beat it on Hard.
Thank you in advance, Mille. :grin:

NilsZ
Major

Re: Can't launch the game! Help would be appreciated.

Unread post by NilsZ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:56 pm

hmm. Have you made any changes to your system?

maybe it helps to install HDD again to another folder. One time i couldn't launch the game because of a hidden file in my main folder.

Do you have problems with other games also?

what graphics card to you have and which driver?

Mille
Private

Unread post by Mille » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:03 pm

I have not made any changes to my system for quite some time now; also, I have tried reinstalling H&D about two times today, seems to not work.

And no, I do not recall, actually, I am 100% sure I have no problems with different video games.
I use an AMD Radeon R7 200 series, I can't remember which model it was tho. Also, about the driver part, what do you mean? I'll probably sound dumb when saying this but if there's a way to check driver versions, I'll gladly do so.

Also, thanks for responding to me, I never thought somebody would want to help me out. :D

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:22 am

No problem :)

Some drivers have the option to change settings for each games (Anti Aliasing, etc.). Maybe you can change/reset something there.

Also you should try to launch the game with "-safe" command line.

Dumbest but safest solution would be to make a new system... :(
btw. what OS are you using?

Mille
Private

Unread post by Mille » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Okay, so;
About the first thing, I don't seem to know how to gain access to those options, but I opened up Insanity 3D Setup. Here's an image, if you think I could do something with this, it would be quite nice to know.
http://i.imgur.com/a1YnGE1.png
I think this will be quite the important thing, because right after the first error where it advises me to do the things said, I gain a new error.
*i removed the image on imgur due to not knowing what to blur out, it'll be back soon*

Next up is the ''-safe'' command line. I'm guessing you're saying I should launch the game via cmd? I'm not sure.

And the next solution, quite interestingly I might get a new computer some time later so that could in a way solve my problems.
About the Operating System, I use Windows 7.

If nothing seems to work, I could try finding the original Hidden and Dangerous somewhere, but it would be quite hard I assume.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:11 pm

to launch the safe mode make a shortcut and write this as target:
"...\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\bin\hde.exe" safe

Mille
Private

Unread post by Mille » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:48 am

Doesn't work. I'll contact you in private chat to send you the crash report after the first one.

Mille
Private

Unread post by Mille » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Well, gentlemen, I've fixed it! Thank you all for your cooperation but in the end I found the problem out myself. :>

Mille
Private

Unread post by Mille » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Well, gentlemen, I've fixed it! Thank you all for your cooperation but in the end I found the problem out myself. :>
I missed tons of files but on the end I somehow managed. The only problem is that now I can't play in full screen mode but that's fine.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 pm

maybe the reason was your "strange" resolution?

Mille
Private

Unread post by Mille » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Not sure, I honestly don't know. Why didn't you respond to anything I sent about the problem later on?

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Sorry mate, I had not so much time and forgot to reply again :/

Mille
Private

Unread post by Mille » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:27 am

I see, no problem lad! :> Hopefully we can play some co op some time, y'knowwatimsayin.