Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul mod

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul mod

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Navyseals wrote:I did everything as you said more'm not achieved can't you leave simpler? You can upload all the files needed by mediafire and let it all set I'm very curious to see the new missions
I uploaded the edited missions on mediafire, as soon as i created a free account there - the file is called "Hidden and Dangerous missions overhaul mod.rar". I added the missions to a Winrar archive to lower the size of the file and make it easier and quicker to download. Unpack the archive to your H&D Deluxe game directory (in example: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\missions). The other 2 needed files (data.rar and models.rar) are posted on this thread - unpack them to your H&D Deluxe data directory (in example: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace the original files (make a backup of them first!). Remember to not delete the missions.dta file from your H&D Deluxe data directory, otherwise the game won't start!

My edited missions download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bvu33 ... ul+mod.rar

If you still have problems running my mod please let me know smile01 .
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:29 am

the file missions.dta does not work I can't start the mission

the file missons.dta has a problem help01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:46 am

Navyseals wrote:the file missions.dta does not work I can't start the mission

the file missons.dta has a problem help01
Hello Navyseals,

i downloaded the edited missions.dta file uploaded by me on the mediafire website and everything works fine - the game missions start without problems. Be sure that you downloaded also the "Hidden and Dangerous missions overhaul mod.rar" archive file and unpacked it to your H&D Deluxe missions directory (i.e C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\missions). I hope that your game is also in English language like mine? Please note that my edited missions.dta file includes only few missions folders inside - of those missions that i didn't edit and some important game files - you will still need to have the main mod file to get my edited missions to work. Download also my data.rar and models.rar files and unpack them to your Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe data directory.

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:52 am

my h&d deluxe is already in English I did everything as you said the mission.dta files doesn't work no_01
I give up angry01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Navyseals wrote:my h&d deluxe is already in English I did everything as you said the mission.dta files doesn't work no_01
I give up angry01
Ok, i understand. Try to reinstall the game and choose the full install option + editor, this should help you. You could also download one of my edited single missions (i.e. Italy 1 i played it today) and check if they works. I played all the edited missions few times and i didn't find any bugs. Keep the default missions.dta file somewhere in case of problems.

EDIT: I probably posted a non-working data.dta file, i re-uploaded it once again on the forum. Please download it again. I also re-uploaded the other 2 files on the mediafire website. I really want to help you, please be patient. I made two images to show you how the game directory and edited missions.dta file should look like inside, when my mod is properly installed.
Attachments
Folders inside the edited missions.dta file.JPG
Folders inside the edited missions.dta file.JPG (35.15 KiB) Viewed 18695 times
Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe game directory.JPG
Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe game directory.JPG (40.36 KiB) Viewed 18695 times
data.rar
(554.53 KiB) Downloaded 623 times

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:03 pm

I already have the full install + editor the mission "Italy 1" doesn't work When I push the button the mission does not begin

and I installed everything correctly

and also downloaded the winrar 3.0

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Navyseals wrote:I already have the full install + editor the mission "Italy 1" doesn't work When I push the button the mission does not begin

and I installed everything correctly

and also downloaded the winrar 3.0
Hmm, that is very strange :-? - i launched this mission few times without problems. From the photo that you posted, i see that you replaced the models.dta and data.dta with the edited ones (you have the Lee Enfield sniper rifle from the FFF expansion in your inventory). I understand, that the folders inside the H&D Deluxe game directory look the same as on the image that i posted in previous post (of course the folder "missions" stores all the game missions and other important game files). The error could be related to missing textures or models in game. The other possibility is, that you unpacked the Italy 1 mission files in the wrong place or some files are missing. The proper destination should be i.e C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\missions\italy1. The folder italy1 has 3 subfolders inside - one is responsible of mission briefing (briefing), second for tactical map (map) and the last one for the mission itself (game). All missions folders are constructed in this way by default.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:56 pm

I didn't do anything wrong the mistake is in the missions.dta file

I did everything correctly

I can't start the mission

the version of my H&D DELUXE is 1.51

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Navyseals wrote:I didn't do anything wrong the mistake is in the missions.dta file

I did everything correctly

I can't start the mission

the version of my H&D DELUXE is 1.51

I finally figured it out smile01. There is nothing wrong with my edited missions.dta file. You installed the mission file incorrectly (!) - i made a small experiment (i deleted the Italy1 folder from the missions folder) and i encountered the same problem as yours - i couldn't start the mission. You will need to unpack the mission to your H&D Deluxe missions directory. Remember, that it is compressed into a rar archive - first you need to unpack it (extract). The correct file path should be like that: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\missions\italy1. I made 3 pictures to show you how the mission looks like.
Attachments
Picture from Adda river #3.jpg
Picture from Adda river #3.jpg (56.84 KiB) Viewed 18689 times
Picture from Adda river #2.jpg
Picture from Adda river #2.jpg (64.06 KiB) Viewed 18689 times
Picture from Adda river #1.jpg
Picture from Adda river #1.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 18689 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:46 pm

I give up tried to play your mod anymore I can't Thanks for the help

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:45 am

Navyseals wrote:I give up tried to play your mod anymore I can't Thanks for the help
Why? I explained you what you done wrong. The answer is simple, the mission files were not properly placed and the game couldn't find it. How i could explain it better? As i said, i had the same problem as you before, but it could be fixed. From the images, that i attached in previous post you could see that this mission really works. You only need to extract the mission into your H&D Deluxe "missions" folder (in this case missions\italy1) To open rar archive you will need Winrar.
Of course you need also to download the edited missions.dta file and place it into your H&D Deluxe "data" directory. The installation is simple as it could be. The easiest way to play the mod is to download all the missions in one file. I attached one image to show you how the "missions" folder should look like inside - as you see it contains also the "italy1" folder. Only you has such problems with installing my mod, the other people don't complain and you could see that all my missions were downloaded many times. Don't get me wrong, i am not an IT expert and the English isn't my native language, but i tried to make the installation process as simple as possible, so don't blame me.
Attachments
The proper location of the missions folder..JPG
The proper location of the missions folder..JPG (40.33 KiB) Viewed 18684 times
The proper location of data.dta, models.dta and missions.dta files.JPG
The proper location of data.dta, models.dta and missions.dta files.JPG (55.37 KiB) Viewed 18684 times
The mission files inside the missions folder.JPG
The list of the missions names, each mission folder contains 3 sub-folders by default.
The mission files inside the missions folder.JPG (60.35 KiB) Viewed 18686 times

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:45 pm

finally be able to play your mod thanks thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Navyseals wrote:finally be able to play your mod thanks thup01

I am very glad to hear that! :grin:

I recommend you to play the mod on the hard difficulty level for the best gaming experience.

Please, download my other edited missions - they are worth playing.

All the missions were tested on hard level difficulty setting, no bugs found.

So, enjoy the game smile01 .

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:36 am

UPDATE:

-> Germany campaign mission 1

I added a searchlight on the building's balcony, which light up the exit of the labyrinth. In addition, the enemy soldiers will be more aggressive. Some of them will use another weapon.

The mission folder is inside the *.rar archive, open it using Winrar and unpack to your H&D directory, then open your missions.dta file and delete that mission so the game will upload only the new one.

If you downloaded my edited missions, please post a comment here! I am waiting your feedback. smile01
Attachments
JAKUB-PC [001].jpg
JAKUB-PC [001].jpg (30.77 KiB) Viewed 18666 times
germany1.rar
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 678 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Weird, all I have in my "missions" folder is "!test".