Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul mod

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:32 pm

UPDATE:

-> Italy campaign mission 3

I decided to make a final update of this mission. I added few new German patrols and i relocated some German guards around AA-defence, so now they could cover better and guard the area in front of them.

The mission folder is inside the *.rar archive, open it using Winrar and unpack to your H&D directory, then open your missions.dta file and delete that mission so the game will upload only the new one.

EDIT: I decided to update this mission once again. I added few new enemy machine gun positions and searchlights, because the mission takes place in the night.

If you downloaded my edited missions, please post a comment here! I am waiting your feedback. smile01
Attachments
italy3 (final update).rar
(656.86 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:09 pm

UPDATE:

-> Yugoslavia campaign mission 2

I changes some of the weapons that the German guards use - they will carry standard Kar98 rifle instead of the sniper version. In the default game, when you enter the boat and start the engine the German troops from the nearby restaurant appears instantly outside and start running and shooting at the boat which is unrealistic. Now you will have 10 seconds before they arrive, so you could escape just in time. This version is closer to real live, because the Germans need to hear the engine start, recognize it, grab their weapons and exit the restaurant (maybe part of them are drunk already wink01).
Of course, before you can escape by boat you need to silently eliminate few guards in the nearby area. I didn't delete the default guards, because in result the mission would be too easy.

The mission folder is inside the *.rar archive, open it using Winrar and unpack to your H&D directory, then open your missions.dta file and delete that mission so the game will upload only the new one.

If you downloaded my edited missions, please post a comment here! I am waiting your feedback. smile01
Attachments
danube2 (final update).rar
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 577 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:43 pm

UPDATE:

-> Norway campaign mission 2

In the default game, when you shoot near the laboratory, the guards will come out alerted. This is unrealistic in my opinion due to the strong noise of the wind outside. Now, when you blow up the radio tower you will have 60 seconds to escape until the guards arrive. Blowing the laboratory won't rise any alarm, the walls will cover the explosion noise. So, if you set the bomb timer to max 1,50 minute you will have 2,5 minutes to escape which is enough. I tested this and i escaped by foot before the guards appeared.

Attachments
norway2 (final update).rar
(816.96 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:28 am

UPDATE:

-> Germany campaign mission 4

In the default mission, when you pass the first guard in the work camp, the alarm will raise and all guards are alerted and start shooting at you. This is unrealistic, because all your commandos are dressed in German uniforms. So, unless you start the shooting, you could eliminate the guards silently without being discovered, but when you pass the car park gate with the half-track, the Germans will exit the buildings like in the default game. I also deleted 3 guard, which exit the factory when the alarm raises. I done this for realism, because we left no guards alive inside the factory and there is only one way in and out.

Attachments
germany4 (final update).rar
(823.38 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:18 pm

UPDATE:

-> Germany campaign mission 2

In the default mission, the Germans shoot at you, even if your commandos are dressed in German uniforms (!). Now, you could infiltrate the Steiner's villa, without being easily discovered :cool: . You could kill some of the guards silently using knife, however sometimes that will be impossible, because in some rooms and outside, you will encounter more than a one German in a single place. The guards on the terrace could be eliminated using sniper rifle. You could use the same method to kill one guard in the garden and the one that patrols along the fence. In addition i made the German guards more suspicious, so if they hear something strange they will check that. Expect, that some German guards could follow you. I think, that this is more realistic this way than before. I tested this edited mission myself and i didn't find any bugs.

Attachments
germany2 (final update).rar
(846.35 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:23 pm

UPDATE:

-> Germany campaign mission 3

In the default mission, when you exit the Steiner's office after his death, almost everything inside the factory explode without the player participation. In the result, you could complete one of the 2 mission objectives very easy. Now, you will need to destroy archives in Steiner's office (9 book shelfs, placed in groups of 3), two wagons with white boxes on it, locomotive and all trucks, to achieve this goal. You could find 8 time bombs (which is enough) in the explosives storage place. Now, the player has an open access to explosives storage place and it is surrounded by a metal fence like it was before. By the way, the narrator in the briefing told us, that we could use those explosives, so why not use them? When you destroy all the needed stuff (you will hear short music track confirming that), head to the factory's exit and that concludes the mission. I think, that now the mission is much more realistic than before.

NOTE: You could destroy each group of book shelfs by placing one timed bomb in the middle of it (so you need 3 bombs).

Attachments
germany3.rar
(493.93 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
JAKUB-PC [001].jpg
JAKUB-PC [001].jpg (69.34 KiB) Viewed 15076 times
JAKUB-PC [000].jpg
JAKUB-PC [000].jpg (63.17 KiB) Viewed 15076 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:11 am, edited 9 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:21 pm

UPDATE:

-> Norway campaign mission 1

-> Greece campaign mission 4

-> Ardenes campaign mission 3

Attachments
norway1 (final update).rar
(651.16 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
ardenes3 (final update).rar
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 617 times
greece4 (final update).rar
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 566 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:58 am, edited 7 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 pm

UPDATE:

-> Germany campaign mission 6

In the default mission, the German half-track, that we used for the escape from work camp is only a stationary model - without fuel and ammo. Now, you could drive it and use it in defense against incoming German troops - it has mounted machine gun on it with 300 ammo rounds. Now you have the opportunity to play this mission in a different way. In my opinion this is the hardest mission in the whole game, so having an armored vehicle on your side is an advantage.

Attachments
JAKUB-PC [000].jpg
Now you could use the half-track
JAKUB-PC [000].jpg (90.36 KiB) Viewed 15074 times
germany6 (final update).rar
(618.43 KiB) Downloaded 572 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 pm

UPDATE:

-> Yugoslavia campaign mission 4

I decided to make a final update of this mission. I strengthened the German defense positions: i put some barbed wire and anti-infantry mines on the ground. I relocated some of the German soldiers. Beside that, there are few well-placed machine gun nests, defending the perimeter. I also deleted most of the trees to make a clearer view for the German defenders. Use a sniper to eliminate any resistance from a safe distance. Few grenades would be also useful.

Attachments
JAKUB-PC [001].jpg
JAKUB-PC [001].jpg (40.78 KiB) Viewed 14975 times
JAKUB-PC [000].jpg
JAKUB-PC [000].jpg (45.89 KiB) Viewed 14975 times
danube4.rar
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 631 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:59 pm

For your convenience i uploaded my edited missions on mediafire website. smile01

Now you could download them in one single file :cool: .

Changes include:

-> new enemy machine gun positions,

-> new enemy snipers,

-> enemy soldiers with changed weapons and statistics,

-> new enemy patrols,

-> new usable vehicles,

-> improved gameplay and realism,

-> new ways of completing some mission objectives.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

The missions folder is inside the *.rar archive, open it using Winrar and unpack to your H&D Deluxe missions directory (i.e C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\missions), then replace the default missions.dta file located in your H&D Deluxe data directory (i.e C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) with the edited one (make a backup first!).You will also need to download my additional files (data.rar and models.rar), in order to get my new edited missions fully working - unpack them to your H&D Deluxe data directory and replace the original files.

IMPORTANT NOTE!

I deleted the Bazooka and Browning 1918 from the game inventory. The Bazooka is unrealistic, it could destroy the Tiger with one shot aimed in the front (bazooka could penetrate up to 75 mm armor, the Tiger has 110 mm armor there). The Browning 1918 was used historically also in standing position, but in the game you could only fire when laying on the ground. So, you still have the Panzerfaust (it could penetrate up to 220 mm armor) and British Bren machine gun. I also changed some weapons inventory description, magazine capacity and weight to be more historically accurate.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bvu33 ... ul+mod.rar

To open and edit *.dta files you will need to install Winrar 3.0 version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gv5cj ... ar_3.0.rar

Attachments
The proper location of data.dta, models.dta and missions.dta files.JPG
The proper location of data.dta, models.dta and missions.dta files.JPG (55.37 KiB) Viewed 14993 times
models.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 604 times
data.rar
(554.53 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Navyseals
Corporal

Re: Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe missions overhaul mod

Unread post by Navyseals » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:34 am

I really enjoyed your mod smile01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:17 am

Navyseals wrote:I really enjoyed your mod smile01
Hi Navyseals,

i am glad to hear that :). Thank You for Your comment.

I spent many hours on editing H&D Deluxe missions using HDD Editor and i tried to do my best.

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:03 pm

your mod is pretty cool more has a problem the missions folder error

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:34 am

Navyseals wrote:your mod is pretty cool more has a problem the missions folder error
The edited H&D Deluxe missions are compressed into a rar archive. You will need to unpack it to your H&D Deluxe game directory (i.e C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\missions). If you still have problems running my mod, please let me know and i will try to help you :).
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Navyseals
Corporal

Unread post by Navyseals » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 pm

I did everything as you said more'm not achieved can't you leave simpler? You can upload all the files needed by mediafire and let it all set I'm very curious to see the new missions