Waffen SS Uniform mod

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Waffen SS Uniform mod

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Hello everyone,

i recently downloaded the Waffen SS Uniform mod from the download section of H&D.

I installed it, but i don't know how exactly the new skins should look like in the game.

I can't contact the mod author, because there is no e-mail in readme file.

If someone have this mod, please tell me if i installed it correctly.

I attached 3 images below showing the new skins (the Norway campaign).

Thank you in advance ;)

Jakub
Attachments
H&D3.jpg
H&D3.jpg (45.15 KiB) Viewed 23909 times
H&D2.jpg
H&D2.jpg (59.28 KiB) Viewed 23909 times
H&D1.jpg
H&D1.jpg (66.71 KiB) Viewed 23909 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Waffen SS Uniform mod

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:19 am

I found on google image, how the Waffen SS uniform looked back in the years of World War II.

The skins from the mod look different, so maybe i installed it wrong.
Attachments
Waffen SS.jpg
Waffen SS.jpg (245.54 KiB) Viewed 23920 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:53 am

This time 3 images from the Italian campaign. Anyone knows how those uniforms should look like, because i have no idea?
Attachments
H&D3.jpg
H&D3.jpg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 23910 times
H&D2.jpg
H&D2.jpg (50.47 KiB) Viewed 23910 times
H&D1.jpg
H&D1.jpg (93.39 KiB) Viewed 23910 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:04 pm

hmmmm... Well, I'm just guessing, because I don't play H&D original very often, but I did download the files to look at them and it does not look correct on your screenshots. By the looks of it, you are mixing the spring and fall camouflage.

Look at the textures in the zipped folder to get an idea of what the uniform is supposed to look like, the A files are torsos and the B files are everything else.

Be sure to carefully read the ReadMe file. If you need more help, just ask and I will look further into it.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:50 pm

jacobston wrote:hmmmm... Well, I'm just guessing, because I don't play H&D original very often, but I did download the files to look at them and it does not look correct on your screenshots. By the looks of it, you are mixing the spring and fall camouflage.

Look at the textures in the zipped folder to get an idea of what the uniform is supposed to look like, the A files are torsos and the B files are everything else.

Be sure to carefully read the ReadMe file. If you need more help, just ask and I will look further into it.

Thank You very much for Your quick answer :).

I though there are 2 version of this mod: one to use on summer compaign, another on winter and they can be used together (but i'm not sure).

I read readme file and i done everything according to it.

The SS officer skin looks alright - now they have 2 characteristic lightnings on each arm - the symbol of SS.

I will look myself once again into those files.

Best wishes

Jakub

EDIT: it seems that only one of the mod versions could be used at a time, if not the results would be like on my images. There is no single line in the readme about using only one of them... Maybe one of the version is more historically accurate than the other, i will check that.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:16 pm

Until now i only managed to install one new skin from the ss camo fall pack.

I attached one image, to show how it looks like in the game.

The other soldiers skins were not installed properly, some new uniforms parts were missing; only the new sleeves were visible (look on my previous images).

I'm using Hidden & Dangerous Data EX v0.7 software, downloaded from this site.

I don't know how i could fix it. :sad:

I would really like to have a new ss skin in H&D.
Attachments
H&D1.jpg
H&D1.jpg (50.34 KiB) Viewed 23895 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:36 am

Did you keep a backup of your old maps.dta file? If you did than I would probably suggest reverting to that one and starting over, reading the instructions carefully.

If not than make a new backup of your current one, BEFORE you listen to anything else I say. ;)
By the looks of it, you still need to replace "e_unfn7a", but I really can't be sure as I am using HDD as a reference, and am only looking at the textures I extracted. Which is why it is important that you back up your maps.dta FIRST!

If you want to see for yourself, use a program like 7zip (winrar might work also, but I am not sure) to open your maps.dta file and look through the textures carefully. It will look confusing at first, but it makes more sense as you become more familiar with it - from what I have seen, most uniforms start with "e_un", so searching for that might make it easier. As well, german uniforms will likely be in the "censored" or "uncensored" folders, so look there as well.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:34 am

jacobston wrote:Did you keep a backup of your old maps.dta file? If you did than I would probably suggest reverting to that one and starting over, reading the instructions carefully.

If not than make a new backup of your current one, BEFORE you listen to anything else I say. ;)
By the looks of it, you still need to replace "e_unfn7a", but I really can't be sure as I am using HDD as a reference, and am only looking at the textures I extracted. Which is why it is important that you back up your maps.dta FIRST!

If you want to see for yourself, use a program like 7zip (winrar might work also, but I am not sure) to open your maps.dta file and look through the textures carefully. It will look confusing at first, but it makes more sense as you become more familiar with it - from what I have seen, most uniforms start with "e_un", so searching for that might make it easier. As well, german uniforms will likely be in the "censored" or "uncensored" folders, so look there as well.
Hello again,

before installing this mod i am always making a backup of maps.dta file (as recommended in the readme).

To open maps.dta i am using a program called Hidden & Dangerous Data EX v0.7.

Unifom skins are *.bmp files and i noticed too that there are sometimes 2 versions: censored and uncensored.

I replaced both of them and the problem still exist.

I don't understand why one skin could be replaced, but other ones no.

As i said, until now i only managed to replace the new sleeves on the soldiers uniforms, the other part remained default.

Now i know, that only one of the packs could be used at the time (fall or spring).

EDIT: I made a small experiment. I extracted e_unf10a.bmp and e_unf10b.bmp and i imported them back replacing other soldiers uniforms textures. Now all these soldiers have the same uniforms! I made some images. So, as you see it is possible to switch the default uniforms between soldiers, but i don't know how to install a new ones.
Attachments
H&D2.jpg
H&D2.jpg (48.54 KiB) Viewed 23882 times
H&D1.jpg
H&D1.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 23882 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Finally some good news! :grin:

I managed to install this mod in Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe using winrar 3.0 to open and edit maps.dta file thanks to the information found on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1134.

I replaced the uniforms textures to those from the ss camo fall pack.

I made 2 images to show how those new uniforms look like in the game. :cool:

I will try to install those skins also in my original Hidden and Dangerous 1.3 game.

The problem was, that i couldn't open the maps.dta subfolders: censored and nocensor - which have also uniforms textures inside.
Attachments
Picture from Adda river #2.jpg
Picture from Adda river #2.jpg (99.15 KiB) Viewed 23866 times
Picture from Adda river #1.jpg
Picture from Adda river #1.jpg (96.35 KiB) Viewed 23866 times