CompOfHero's Occupation.

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
finnlayer
Corporal

CompOfHero's Occupation.

Unread post by finnlayer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:26 am

CompanyOfHero's :Map Mod.
Dogs were issue' when making dedicated the map would crash out.
Now this issue is fixed.
Download sever dedicated fix.
Full map package zip here: http://sdrv.ms/RM2v13

Thxs: to Betteryouthanme of - Rs_Klan.

News & Info: http://www.rsredsquadron.com/e107_plugi ... 21765.last

Fix list.

1./ Africa Tank: Now is (green Burma Tank).
2./ 2 Tiger Tanks: Now is (2 King Panther Tanks).
3./ Corrected: Ammo for the 3 Tanks and MG on SaS Jeep.
4./ Corrected: Mistake in the (Mpscripts.dta).
5./ Added: 2 German tank commanders in the (mpmaplist).
6./ Updated: (Actors.bin).
7./ Added 2 Missing (Bmp Pictures).

Instructions.
Unzip & copy into game folder - replacing over the existing Mod ! -
Last edited by finnlayer on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: CompOfHero's Occupation.

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Hero's what? Hero's Occupation?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 am

Hrmmm, interesting... whats with the barking dogs :|

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:37 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:Hero's what? Hero's Occupation?
Yes it called (Company of hero's) If i wright in mpmaplist - it's too long. Just spelled short.
And is Occupation, Hope maybe their be cooperative, just not to good with making cooperative.

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 am

Jason wrote:Hrmmm, interesting... whats with the barking dogs :|
I don't no, i took the dogs from Arctic 4 map.

The dogs were placed in spot to kinda eat you when going for Ammo dumps.
Just for fun, they won't follow' as i can't script very good.

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:18 am

Now if there are dogs in it the map won't work on dedi servers?!

If you build the floor area out of doors and other objects you will always confront bugs. (e.g Windows error sound) But theres no other way right now..
Personally i would wait for hdmaster's 3ds Plugin when it also will be able to build the tree.klz one day.

Let's face it, this map like all other custom maps are played by 2-5 people. (and it's a OCC map, maybe in that case a DM map would be more suitable)
And if there are some playing they soon get bored of the bugs and leave.

About your question on =RpR= Website:
It's not possible to create a proper coop mod out of your map, first of all theres no checkpoint file..
And i guess there will be some more general problems.

I really appreciate all your work and effort but maybe you should start making modifications to existing maps. (especially coop style ;) )

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Thank you mate, I spent yesterday finding why the map not working on ded with no reason to why map crash out.

The ding in places is the ladder def, seem their 0.2 of the ladder def ' pushing you out or away, same for the floors' you have high bounding box, i spawn soldiers just under the ladder def to stop ding and their lest of the dig in this map then overs maps I've created.

I also build map with no glitching, make 2 items and fit 1 inside the other. Making more effort for a better map play.

As you see mostly all maps on the game got bugs! Ones still play them, I don't expect that my map will take off and every one come jumping on to play it. 10 years old game as we no it.

I no theirs not many players and their be lest of players without what we do wright ! i don't want to place objects on old maps, when i can do better making newer maps even if they have minor problems i spend time to resolve most of them.

Theirs plenty of knowledge for making a map the way i do and believe if i also had help with the map it be even better.
Just i didn't have anyone on that score.

So whats the next step, take out the dogs and pass out the fix for ded, Waite for plugin and hope that people come back to the game or shall we be pushing for a way for hd3 (Because the old HD2 is becoming more like Hd1)

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Download sever dedicated fix.
Full map package zip here: http://sdrv.ms/RM2v13

Well here he fix anyway. Thank you .

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:42 pm

finnlayer wrote:Yes it called (Company of hero's) If i wright in mpmaplist - it's too long. Just spelled short.
Yeah... I know... but hero's what? :roll:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:but hero's what?
Company of :P

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Jason wrote:
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:but hero's what?
Company of :P
I just gave it a random name.

SQDN LDR Ted Striker
Private

Unread post by SQDN LDR Ted Striker » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:59 am

I think you can also make a co-op mod on a complete new map. But the human bots there must all be static like on Normandy3co and the Poland co-op map.

Vehicle checkpoints from another map might work; I tested it on the Poland map with check2.bin from Normandy2. The terrain must be adjusted in height then to the height of the original map.

I would start with an original occupation map like Africa5 as the base for the new co-op mod, then you have the right map overview and a working spawn zone. With the vehicle checkpoints, enemy tanks can drive around. Next step is to take out the scene.4ds and maybe tree.klz and build your new map.

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi ted.

I used Africa 5 Occ for this map, but I didn't position my buildings in the middle of the map.

Their is in the map view wrong position and at the time I did think that Revenge editor would fix that issue, I mostly use Normandy n2b map to build on, as I like the way you capture flags, in compofhero's map the capture of flags are same as Africa 5.

I ran into a few problems with building my map, their seems to be hidden collision (Every were) in the 3d engine box, I had in mind to build a tank battle map, based on battlefield 3. I was doing well at building a huge map and then kept hitting hidden collision, were you see in my new map the floor is going up and down, tricky as it seems this map I started to build over the hidden collision until I hit a very large part of collision.

I had to stop building' I was not able to build a straight line of floor, so my map was changed and the battlefield map was scrapped, like mention' maybe best waiting for new plugin.

I think, I done quite well with my map , that it was made in DCED editor. Well bye for now all.