Op. Liberator - Mole in the Hole optional objetctive

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
ljmabr
Private

Op. Liberator - Mole in the Hole optional objetctive

Unread post by ljmabr » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:55 pm

People.

I do find the MP44 in the box next to the tunnel´s entry and carry with me. Using it or not, I just can't get the optional objective in finding it registered at the end of the mission. Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Op. Liberator - Mole in the Hole optional objetctive

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Is this in the coop map?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

ljmabr
Private

Unread post by ljmabr » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 am

Hey.

This is the single player mode. In the walkthrough on gamefaqs, it says that "get the mp44" is an optional objective. But it doesn't get registered in the end of the mission, eventhough I get the mp44 in the box next to the mg42 and even from the soldier above the train wagon.

Also there's a "Leave the area" as a Primary objective that doesn't show in the end of the mission as well. Does anybody has a solution for those?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:09 am

These types of issues come up in other levels but I haven't heard of them occuring in this mission before. Have you tried restarting the mission completely?

ljmabr
Private

Unread post by ljmabr » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 am

Many times.

Indeed, it´s strange about "Leave the area" objective as you don't really need to evacuate, just find Freiberg.

So, my question is: Does anybody manage to get "Find the Mp44" as "complete objective on the screen?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

If you finish as soon as you are capturing him then you are playing the coop map. The default scripts don't have that objective active. Or you have installed the coop map incorrectly and it is overwriting the single player scripts.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

ljmabr
Private

Unread post by ljmabr » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:31 am

I Haven't installed any files out of the ordinary. I Have just the Sabre Squadron expansion, and of course, the 1.12 patch.

But even in the briefing, if I am not mistaken, it's not told to "leave the area" for example. Anyway, how does the walkthrough's author know that getting the MP44 is an optional objective if the game is not programmed to register it as an objective?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Yes, you have to leave the area by walking towards the end of the tunnel, and the game is programmed to register the objective. Your game is behaving like the coop map, which is a player made conversion, so there are mistakes and parts that are incomplete, unless you change the scripts yourself. Everything works fine for me in single player. In multiplayer I know it behaves the way you say because that is how it was for me and I had to change the scripts to get the optionals to work in coop.

ljmabr
Private

Unread post by ljmabr » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:17 am

Thanks man.

I wonder if uninstalling and installing it again will work. Or the saves could be corrupt as well?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:57 am

I don't know... Are you able to get the documents?

ljmabr
Private

Unread post by ljmabr » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Yes.. I get the documents from the officer.

At mission complete screen, these 2 objectives are shown: "get the doccuments" and "capture freiberg".

shrekdj
Corporal

Unread post by shrekdj » Tue May 01, 2012 1:38 pm

It does register but the manner it records the completion is available at the very end of the mission ending (with stats on top right). I don;t know how to explain but its a minor bug. What happens is it does register when you pick up and not shown in mission completion screen BUT if you listen carefully while picking up MP44 for the first time there is a dialogue that the soldier speaks which mentions about the weapon which is actually an achievement registered!

It's similar to C1M3 OPERATION SNOWBALL: RENDEZVOUS mission, there is an optional objective "Make sure the entire boat crew survives".
On the mission completion screen this optional objective is always mentioned in the list of achievements as "Most of the crew survived..." (something like this) BUT it never registers as "ENTIRE" crew because there is always one crew member left injured (who gives the hint to rescue pilot) and eventually dies.

KyleM
Private

Unread post by KyleM » Fri May 04, 2012 8:17 pm

shrekdj, the optional objective "Make sure the entire boat crew survives" in the C1M3 OPERATION SNOWBALL: RENDEZVOUS mission is doable, and will register at the end of the mission.
in order to achieve this, all 3 crew members have to be alive, and you have to avoid triggering the one injured crew members dialogue which causes him to die. to do this, have all of your squad members, and the wounded pilot approach and travel down the dock to the boat on the farthest right side away from the injured crew member. his dialogue shouldn't trigger, and you will get that optional objective. I've done this over a dozen times on the "war is hell" setting.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat May 12, 2012 3:49 am

What if you play in 'Carnage", can you still get past without triggering the dying soldier, I gather the pilot does not.

KyleM
Private

Unread post by KyleM » Sat May 12, 2012 6:41 am

Grimples, I've only achieved this optional objective in the regular campaign w/War Is Hell setting. I never tried it in lone wolf or carnage.....also, I'm not sure if the pilot will trigger the dying soldier...
I always moved him along w/ the squad to the boat using the tactical map....
just remember to move down the dock towards the boat on the farthest right side away from the injured crew member.