Where to buy?

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
Whitehead221
Private

Where to buy?

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:41 pm

I just found out about this game today, as I was looking at a Mafia 2 thread a guy mentioned it. So I checked this game out and it looks pretty good, even though it is old. I do not like to pirate games and I did see Hidden and Dangerous 2 on amazon.com, but I do not see anywhere that I can actually buy the sabre squadron add-on as well. I was just asking, because if there is a place where I can order both of them together I would prefer that, otherwise I will just buy it off of amazon. Thanks for any replies.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Where to buy?

Unread post by Jason » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

Great to hear you've found it :grin: it is awesome.

You can buy Sabre Squadron on ebay or you can buy both games in a pack called Courage Under Fire. The germans released a gold edition of the game just called H&D2 Gold. You can find it on the german ebay.de. It's not easy to find and I've tried to contact 2k about publishing the games via Steam for easy access but nothing came of it.

I hope you find a copy either way, it's a great game. You can also download H&D Deluxe for free which is the original game.

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Ok thanks, I will look at the places you mentioned. Hopefully I am able to find it. :)

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Sadly was unable to find courage under fire or the gold edition. If I purchase Hidden and Dangerous 2 on amazon could I just pirate Sabre Squadron. Will this work? I don't really want to pirate, but if the game is not available for purchase anywhere than I don't see it as being illegal. I agree it should be released on steam, because the game would probably get some decent sales to people such as myself who have never even heard of it.

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 pm

This is actually quite ridiculous. I am finding sabre squadron/courage under fire/gold, but it is substantially higher in price than it should be. Games are not antiques, yet this one is proving to be I guess :(.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 am

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 am

Alright I will edit my post's from now on. I checked those out, but now the issue is that I do not have a credit card due to me being 19 and not having a job right now. I asked my parents about one that was in the UK and the first thing they said was NO!!! buying from overseas means high chance of credit card fraud. I am very saddened by this and wish I had my own credit card. Thanks anyways

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 am

I don't have a credit card :lol:, if you have a bank account you can get a debit card. You can even get Visa gift cards and set them up with a PayPal account. It's all scary setting up when you haven't done it before but it is rather easy, honestly :grin:

Up to you how you get the game, either way, enjoy thup01

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Okay sweet ill ask them about that. One of the main reasons is because the card got charged by someone else who wrote the number down in a store or something. Now they are very cautious because of this. Luckily the credit card company fixed it without us having to pay anything.

I believe we are going to use the gift card method. I hadn't even though of that, but with that it will be a safe purchase.

I have one last quick question and this should be it. Are the game key's unique to the computer? What I mean is if I buy one of those you posted above on ebay and the key has already been used on another computer will it work on mine? I would hate to buy it and the code not work :). I know on new games the codes are unique, but would this game be the same way?

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh wow Jonny thanks that is awesome. The only issue is the language. I cant read anything on the page, but ill see what I can figure out :).

Actually if you click the image it takes you to German Amazon. The German version of Amazon appears to be the same as the English version in terms of placement of the icons so I will be able to order through them and it will be 20 bucks. Now I can get a new copy that comes with both games. I really appreciate it once again.

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:04 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hidden-and-Dang ... 3a721f8b89

but thats only Sabre i think.
unbelieveable...in germany you pay 10 euro for both in a shop :grin:
you can also use google shopping for good searching

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:45 am

I went through the purchasing options via Amazon and when I was ready to finish checking out the total game cost was going to be 37 dollars. I do not know any german and this does not sound right. I understand I am shipping from overseas but should shipping really be 17 dollars? There was only 1 option as well when choosing shipping. Please assist me.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:48 am

Try using Google Translate: http://translate.google.com.au/ to figure out what the page says. No 100% accurate but it helps a lot.

Whitehead221
Private

Unread post by Whitehead221 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am

I managed to figure out most of it, but my main issue is paying 37 dollars for a game that was made in 2003. If it wasnt 17 dollars for shipping id gladly get it. Does this sound right? 17 dollars to ship a game from Germany to the U.S.?

I have been looking again for a bit and have narrowed it down to being able to get Hidden and Dangerous 2 by itself for 5 dollars and then for sabre squadron I can get it used for about 17 dollars total including shipping. Gold edition is just too much. I am not going to pay 37 dollars and the other place on Amazon.de that is selling it for 10 EUR will not sell to the U.S.. My last question that was never answered is if I get a used copy of sabre squadron will the code work or are they unique to each computer? This is very important because if the code is unique getting it would be pointless.