Illusion Softworks, Where are they now?

Read the most current and up to date news on the web site.
Jason
Administrator

Illusion Softworks, Where are they now?

Unread post by Jason » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 pm

I've decided to write up this article about Illusion Softworks or as they are called now 2k Czech.

Michal Bacik - Lead Programmer and Game Design for H&D1, H&D FFF and H&D Deluxe
My personal favourite developer in the entire world, he left Illusion Softworks early on and created the company Lonely Cat Games and released Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe. Currently working on projects for the mobile platform at Lonely Cat Games.

Radek Bouzek - 3d Modelling, Game Design, Level Design
He left Illusion Softworks in January of 1999 according to his LinkedIn page. Worked for numerous companies since.

Peter Kubek - 3d Modeller, Level Design for H&D1, H&D FFF and Team Leader (and lots more) for H&D2, 3d Artist and Level Designer for H&D SS
Unknown :|, However in a Q&A he said:
Q - Will there be a Hidden & Dangerous III ?
A - Now it is prior to finish HD2 and about development of HD3 will be more clear after players feed back on HD2. I would like to do game with different theme after games like Hidden & Dangerous1, Hidden & Dangerous:Fight for Freedom, Hidden & Dangerous1(DC) and Hidden & Dangerous 2.
source: http://home.pages.at/hidden-and-dangerous/hd2qa.htm

Marek Rabas - Lead Programmer for H&D2, H&D2 SS and Moscow Rhapsody (cancelled)
He left 2k Czech in 2008 then worked at Kuju Entertainment (perhaps with Alexander Sila?) and has since co-founded his own company called MADFINGER Games making indie games.

Alexander Sila - Team Leader for H&D2 SS and numerous roles on both H&D2 and H&D2 SS, too many to type!
He left 2k Czech in 2008 and currently works at Vatra a Kuju Entertainment studio.

So, H&D3? no_01

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Illusion Softworks, Where are they now?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Doesn't sound like it.

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:47 am

Its a shame really. However, lets hope that the series name doesn't end up in a situation like Operation Flashpoint. Perhaps by a miracle someone may be inspired by the model and attempt a go. I'm not holding my breath though. WWII themed games and tactical shooters are both in short supply. Hardly likely we'll see a WWII tactical shooter based around British Commandos again. Its really what makes H&D bloody brilliant.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:55 am

I'm just waiting for the announcement from 2k saying that 2k Czech has been closed. What could they be working on? Mafia 3 seems a bit unlikely due to the all round 7.5/10 review score for all platforms. It just didn't make an impact like the original. 8 years of development, with 200+ employees, that's a lot of money!

The only WW2 games I know of are Enemy Front from City Interactive, Sniper V2 and Men of War: Condemned Heroes. I'd really like to see Commandos 5, mix of Commandos 2 and the originals oh yeah thup01

Tactical games aren't very console friendly, so maybe that's why they are not in steady development. I think we really need Rainbow Six to go back to it's roots for the genre to be popular again.

I had a quick look at the Unity Engine and the editor kind of reminds me of the Insanity 2 engine. Anyone had a solid play with it? We really need to clone/port H&D to another engine.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:31 am

Jason wrote:I had a quick look at the Unity Engine and the editor kind of reminds me of the Insanity 2 engine. Anyone had a solid play with it?
Yes actually... Try out BeGone: Guerra, and if you play games on Kongregate, try it there. It reminds me of HD2.

Juhani1982
Private

Unread post by Juhani1982 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:04 am

I dont believe we will ever see H&D3. It really sucks. Casual gamers just dont enjoy realistic tactical shooters. I really dont understand why. Maybe they think difficult or hard games are boring.

I loved both HD1 and HD2, and still do. Have tried to find similar games without any luck. They just dont make them anymore...
We Are X!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm still waiting to see what comes of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier but I don't have high hopes for it.

Juhani1982
Private

Unread post by Juhani1982 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 pm

I wish they would make a Ghost Recon game that is like the first one in the series. Now its too futuristic.
We Are X!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm

MTH
Private

Unread post by MTH » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey Jason nearly a quarter of the year gone and still nothing about HD3 :sad:
Hoping for some news on it this year!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Maybe after Mafia 3 :lol:

MTH
Private

Unread post by MTH » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Jason wrote:Maybe after Mafia 3 :lol:
Yeah keep the faith fingers01 thup01

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:07 am

It could be v.good news in the H&D world, as Rockstar aint afraid to re-hash games, Red Dead Redemption is GTA cowboy.
Not a big fan of GTA, Loved Mafia and Mafia II, still playing Mafia II at mo ( stuck on level where you have to pay back the 27,00 loan) but RRD always gets played if Ive got a few hours to waste.
Lets hope Take2 learn from Rockstar how to market games and fingers crossed for Mafia III and H&D 3 (or GTA SAS/Spec. forces ww2 Mafia mix up)
Its funny how when playing Maf2 I `sense` H&D2, sometimes in the GFX, Atmosphere, movement or maybe its just me wishful thinking.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:54 am

crusti wrote:...still playing Mafia II at mo ( stuck on level where you have to pay back the 27,00 loan)
There is a bug with that chapter, if you get the money by robbing stores it can prevent you from being able to pay back the money at the end of the chapter. It will show you where to go (back to where you got the loan) but it won't let you into the location. It's a known bug, just make sure you collect cars and crush them to get the cash. I recently just finished Mafia 2 again and had this bug, not a fun chapter to have to completely re-do.

Lol @ GTA SAS, don't give them ideas!

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 pm

crusti wrote:Red Dead Redemption is GTA cowboy.
nods01
Jason wrote:Lol @ GTA SAS, don't give them ideas!
no_03