New way Editor!

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
finnlayer
Corporal

Re: New way Editor!

Unread post by finnlayer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Bik is use for [HITS], may be more effects in the game possible two.

If you look under the water in africa6 you see a clear thin layer, a plane layer, i think.

Their is two 4ds water files, inside is code for a lest 5/6 water, in different maps, Brest map has water for the subs.

I not certain how these bik files work in the water, their must be a module in the scene, i also think, the water is scripted, i notice in the Brest scripts water is in Czech, like most file for hd2, i am unsure' how to use bik in other parts of the map or any map.

Their all way's a bit that goes with a bit in hd2, its finding the dam things and fitting them together that will work it..

Ikaros
Sergeant

Unread post by Ikaros » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:21 pm

The DC|ED-like editor for .bin files is almost complete.

I've also started the tree editor for map.4ds:

And the feature which automatically fix a given mission, adapting
it to a working "Occupation" map.
You can specify a number of zones (i.e. flags) and RevEngEd2 automatically
checks/creates/deletes zones, zoneSpawn, respawn points, flag models etc.
http://malgolan.altervista.org/
Italian politicians - Not in my name!

Ikaros
Sergeant

Unread post by Ikaros » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:06 am

Hi folks!
The editor has been released. You can dowload it here: http://malgolan.altervista.org/Guide/in ... 0-main.php and have a look at some screenshots here: http://malgolan.altervista.org/Guide/in ... creens.php.

Most likely, it won't be bug-free, so post here any question or problem you find (or send me a PM)...

Enjoy! And please give some feedback..

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Finally we got a working editor!
Brilliant job m8. Can't thank you enough.

About z-depth: How do I render from a camera perspective? It's working if i just render it from above perspective? Should be the same no?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:30 pm

This definitely looks amazing - great job, I'm going to have to try it out, downloaded thup01

Ikaros
Sergeant

Unread post by Ikaros » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:45 am

betteryouthanme wrote: About z-depth: How do I render from a camera perspective? It's working if i just render it from above perspective? Should be the same no?
Yes, as long as it's an orthogonal view (and not a perspective view) it works. But using a camera provides some advantages. It's easier to place and move, it remains unchanged if you pan the view for other purposes (or if you load a previous work) and you know its height (which is helpful when setting z-min and z-max).

Rendering from a camera perspective is easy: just select "camera" as rendering viewport in rendering menu.
Maybe I'll take some screenshots and add them to the User Guide.

@betteryouthanme: I've added also CTRL+D to delete objects in tree editor, as you suggested.

For every one...
Here you can find some ready-to-use projects: http://malgolan.altervista.org/Guide/in ... ojects.php. You can use them to load my missions. Some have already calibrated z-depth maps.

Zdenda
Sergeant

Unread post by Zdenda » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello,

first I would like to say great job to all those, who contributed to making such a great editting tool! :-)

I have one question. I am trying to make a new coop map now, a mod of BREST. I would like to set up the minimap in the editor, to make object placement easier and create new zones. Can someone help me setting this up? Since I don´t have 3dmax, I would like to ask someone who has it, if you could give me please the coords of the z-depth and the image.

Is there anyone who could help me out?

THX =)