Sabre Squadron Extractor

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Sabre Squadron Extractor

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:17 am

N2B came out in the 1.05 patch, before SS.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Sun May 01, 2011 11:59 am

Error; unable to create temp file.

How do i fix this, i load as in the instructions in read me, i using 64bit ultimate windows 7, with uac off, full admin.

question, is using a nocd a problem ??, i hate using disks' unless i really need too, and do you need hd2.exe in same folder because i delete it, i don't use old hd2, only the sabre ss expansion, any one else with same problem. 

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Sun May 01, 2011 12:39 pm

finnlayer wrote: question, is using a nocd a problem ??, i hate using disks' unless i really need too, and do you need hd2.exe in same folder because i delete it, i don't use old hd2, only the sabre ss expansion, any one else with same problem.  
Same conditions here but I didn't have any problems. So a cracked .exe file should'nt cause this problem.
I'm using the good old tried and tested XP.

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Sun May 01, 2011 1:33 pm

@finnlayer:
Yes, the extractor is working with the no cd crack versions too. You don't need the old hd2.exe.
Could you check your registry please? Look inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Illusions Softworks\Hidden & Dangerous 2 for the key 'idir'. This should be the path to your H&D2 SS installation.

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Sun May 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Tried it out and it still not working, i tell you brief what happens.

Copy the extractor to program dictionary, which is program files (X86) Illusion Softworks\hidden and dangerous 2
Ran hd2 , alt,tab and ran the extractor as normal, now i see no extraction folder and extractor spinning round, then hd2 disappears from the task bar, if i check process hacker, i see sabresquadron.exe is loaded, after 25 seconds the exe, it will terminate.

The registry entries are in wow6432node ,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Illusion Softworks\Hidden & Dangerous 2]
"version"="1.07.0000"
"idir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Illusion Softworks\\Hidden & Dangerous 2\\"
"key"="0000-0000-0000-0000"
"PathEXE"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Illusion Softworks\\Hidden & Dangerous 2\\HD2.exe"
"language"="ENGLISH"
"TITLEBAR"="Hidden & Dangerous 2"
"NO_DRIVE"="No CD-ROM/DVD drive found."
"NO_DISC"="No disc in drive."
"WRONG_DISC"="Wrong disc in drive ? please insert original H&D2 CD1 in your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive"
"ADMIN_RIGHTS"="No administrator rights."
"Datadisk udir"="C:\\PROGRA~2\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\Driver\\7\\Intel 32\\IDriver.exe"
"Datadisk udir param"="/M{E2222809-FDED-4C7E-8F25-2337A8F39F03}"
"Datadisk version"="1.00.0000"
"Datadisk PathEXE"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Illusion Softworks\\Hidden & Dangerous 2\\HD2_SabreSquadron.exe"

I copy my game dir,  to program files , and also made entries from reg to,  hkey local, under programs not  Wow6432Node, so how the extractor then made a folder - 'Unpacked' Still had the same problem as quoted above, with termination, Is your extractor configured for 32bit windows not 64 ?? i will install hd2 on my second pc which has xp.

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 pm

i got the same problem
www.object-arts.de.tl
Idee := Brain.Activate(self);

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Mon May 02, 2011 11:49 am

Hmm I guess the problem is the file virtualization introduced in Windows Vista. Maybe you could try to rename 'HD2_Extractor.exe' to 'HD2_Extractor-setup.exe'. This could solve the problem.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 pm

We have the maps, why dont someone here unpack the rest of the files & upload them somewhere for everyone to use., simple!

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

For now here are all missions & scripts files extracted with hdmasters tool. thup01

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cb0703d ... cripts.rar

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Mon May 16, 2011 10:16 am

Has anyone with Vista or Windows 7 tested the trick with renaming the .exe to HD2_Extractor-setup.exe?

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:22 am

hdmaster wrote: Has anyone with Vista or Windows 7 tested the trick with renaming the .exe to HD2_Extractor-setup.exe?
It still not working with the trick, i also can not work the extractor with xp 32bit, it don't matter that i can not work it, i wanted to update the list in the app, to find more things, and may be post a update if i was able to find more items.

I download the rips,  thanks  for the files, it makes modding for me better - now i have mostly all the .bmp files, the tool is nice you made, hands down for the effort gone into the project.

Q, i would like to make make new scopes, well cross hairs, i want to make complete new ones, problem is, i think their is some other module for scope, and i can't find it , i have ezamer.tga, theirs no op for tga.

I can mod the tga file , overlapping a bmp, 16 bit - on to the tga,  cut round the recital of the scope and add new layers on top and save the whole lot,, this works well , just not as good if i make complete from new,  if i do some thing wrong in the moding, tga,  i get white picture show in the game in the scope,  a lot of people like scope mods i do, is their a module for the ezamer.tga, i need a better way to make these scopes any help would be most appreciated, it their no other way i stick to my own way..

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:34 am

If you like to try any of my mod scope for hd2 , you can find them here, http://sabremods.weebly.com/scope-mods.html hope to update to some new ones soon,  ;)
Last edited by Jason on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:20 am

Does it show any error message when you try to extract in on XP ?

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 pm

No error what i see, no folder the program makes , very quick termination of sabre squadron, when your in the main screen, the extractor crashes the game out, the extractor has its plugin still in memory after the crash of sabre, the extractor still runs with out extraction of any files, i tried compilable mode om 32 bit professional windows 7, windows 64bit and xp 32bit, can not figure out whats wrong, i am using a imported reg and a nocd,  i don't have the disk anymore, i broke it, only a back up copy i own with original cd key, ran extractor on hd2.exe and same problems as i mention.  i am fairly good a fixing things, just not you extractor, i even injection the dll into sabre and ran your extractor , thus sabre crash again and again till no end.

KyleM
Private

Unread post by KyleM » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 pm

can anyone repost a link to the previously listed hd2ss extracted dta files
content (missions, scripts, maps and models) ?

I tried using the hd2 extractor, however, I experienced the same crashing issue
as previously mentioned by finnlayer.

any help is appreciated, kyle