Bulletproof definition

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Bulletproof definition

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Is there now any definiton wich stops bullets & explosions (grenades)? I loaded some sand bags & boxes on my map but it's some kind of useless if everything goes through. It just spiffs up the scenery. ;)
At the moment i'm just aware of the "gate definition" from Czech 1. If I shoot at my sand bags it appears they are off steel..
Is there maybe a wooden version?

Maybe there's a possibility to convert definitions from scene2.bin into actors.bin format?
Cause there are much more definitions stored and maybe also a bulletproof one..
Or adding objects + definition directly into scene2.bin. Too bad that is not working with DCED.

Rgds

hdmaster
Sergeant

Re: Bulletproof definition

Unread post by hdmaster » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:24 am

I suggest you to read the scene2.bin documentation of the Mafia Modding Crew if you haven't already . It was shipped with the source code of DC||ED and explains the structure and meanings of specific hex values inside the files very well. Unless it was written for Mafia nearly everything applies to HD2, too. With that information it should be easier to handle with the definitions and manually editing the files.
I think you can download the package called 'mmc_stuff' somewhere from mafiascene.com

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Sun May 01, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks,

you got me a link? Cause mafiascene.com download section is not working (The community there seems crumbling since Mafia 2 :sad:, thank our gods that there was no H&D3 coming out) and with google I had no luck..

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun May 01, 2011 8:44 am

You think HD3 would get all the idiots playing this game moved on to that? I wish, but I doubt it sincerely. They are playing HD2 because they can't play anything else, not because they think it is a great game. The rest of the people playing, the decent players, I think are playing because they love HD2, well not Lars, he just can't play anything else. :mrgreen:

So if there is an HD3 and it is great? Maybe the decent players will be playing that, but is that such a bad thing? This site for example is an HD site, not an HD2 site, it will just expand to include HD3. The part of the community here will be maintained, and we will have a potentially better game. If HD3 is terrible? Well, then things should still stay how they are now, except people will be complaining about HD3 and we will probably have more drive to mod HD2 and improve it.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Sun May 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Hum, hd3, i wonder why it is called Hd3, and were did the name come from ??? Hd3 if correct was the expansion, years ago,  the game was two limited with no coop and the only maps worth a hamming was under the train tunnel and n2b, then Czech guys did the expansion and many were pissed at that, due to wrong weapons and limited things.

Czech guys made hd2 with glitch hiding places, so there were able to out beat most components at the game, still today, full of the glitch , I would pass on the hd3 and call it hd4, if were to be made for a better gaming experience.

The complex new game would still inter dunce , hacking, wall hacking, glitching, bugs, Any one with excess to memory could adjust code for their needs to offer out cheat, traniers, as soon a h&D game was in production, it would be on pirate bay by leach with a nocd crack, then soon after the game publisher would lose dosh, dropping in sales and would take considerably longer lengths to get or hit high stakes on today's markets.  My gosh, who really cares much for all this and what could be done for a better game.

Well i think the communities should continue on with their findings and make a new expansion pack, with new maps and items, their is plenty of knowledge in the hd2 tree, plenty of helpers, if one makes a good expansion, it could be even be for sale.  why waste hope on a new game, when their is so much hope for the game we got all ready. Ok thanks for taking your time to read my rant post, and good day.       

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm

H&D2 Sabre Squadron is just an expansion, not H&D3. It makes no sense to name the next title H&D4.

If they made the GREEDY mistake of trying to turn H&D3 into a cross-platform game I would start a non-stop campaign against it. The only exception being a seperate development of a PC version. If they dumb down H&D any more than they did with H&D2 I'll again be really pissed off (who the fuck needs a glowing red marker? I'll place my explosives where I want!).

It's more likely they will make a Mafia 3 than a H&D3 at this stage I think. It maybe too risky to release a WW2 game at this stage. How well did the last Wolfenstein game do? I haven't even play it yet... let's wait for all these stupid FPS games to fuck off first. I want a REAL H&D game, made for the PC only. Made for us fans!
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Tue May 03, 2011 1:19 am

The sequel to red orchestra is looking quite nice and will apparently have single player unless i missunderstood. Not that it's the same kind of thing as hidden and dangerous, but i think it's the closest we shall get in this day and age. At least i hope it's not super linear. That's what i always loved about h&d and 2, how reactive it was to how you played and the multiple routes. Especially the second game. Although i agree in terms of placing explosives there is less freedom, in pretty much the other aspects it seems far ahead of the first game? Unless you can give me examples as i am by no means expert.

The mission design is what makes the games though.

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Tue May 03, 2011 9:43 am

In case of red orchetra 2, the singleplayer in there will be not like cinematic style sp - story line, main characters, etc. As devs said, it will be more like practice mode from original ro, but with a lot more improved AI, ability to command your squad and coop mode.