Questions before attempting the game for the first time - which version?

This section is for all Hidden & Dangerous talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support. All discussions for Fight for Freedom/Devil's Bridge go here too!
Daniel
Lieutenant

Questions before attempting the game for the first time - which version?

Unread post by Daniel » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:41 pm

I managed to obtain the original H&D and FFF add-on from ebay for pittance a while ago and am yet to play them but i really want to now. I would have played the game earlier but it always annoyed me in Deluxe how the faces were the same for everyone - that took some of the magic from the game.

I was wondering if someone could tell me the differences between the different patch versions of the game, and if anything is removed in the patches (like in h&d2).

I was also wondering if someone could give me a detailed list of differences between the originals and deluxe. If i remember, the faces are the same and the body parts of soldiers no longer explode from grenades.
But just recently i saw that the textures have been vastly upgraded. And there is fogging (is this in the original? or better in deluxe).

In terms of sound and eax / a3d support which is better?

Also Jason, what does you finally half released deluxe 2 / restored do? If you have something released that will change the faces to that of the original then that is really enough for me to at least play deluxe instead of the originals - in light of other improvements. The actual player models have been improved haven't they? In the original, were the enemy faces random or were they fixed for each particular soldier on the map?

I will help you all i can to get it that far but i also must say that i do not really wish to delve into the mission files for a game i have not played as this will no doubt spoil the missions and the magic of the game. Have the missions been altered to detriment in deluxe? Or is it largely better?

I honestly think that a project to get the feel of the game in line with the original (forgetting other improvements that may be subjective - they could be an optional addition) is a really important mod.

I also remember something about the music being changed.

Thank you for your time. If anyone can speak to me about this i would be very grateful.
If i can get the game working to my liking i would be really interested to do a blind let's play on it, considering i've only ever played the first 3 missions.

By the way, i still don't understand how you are meant to follow the advice from the briefing in the second mission where it says that you are meant to have men ready to burst into the factory building the moment the first shot is fired (taking out the guard posts). Is it not impossible to get anyone to the actual entrance without being seen? cos it seems like it. And surely if it was possible then there would be no real need to take out the guard posts anyway.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Questions before attempting the game for the first time - which version?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:48 pm

You are supposed to time the guards movements and sneak in, or use a knife. :mrgreen:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:14 pm

What about the guard in the tower overlooking the factory entrance? As far as i remember, he can blatantly see the sewer system manhole nearest to him - and anyway getting to him while avoiding guards in the sewer system is rather impossible.

Perhaps you can make a video to show this? :p or at least describe in more detail, cos from what i remember i couldn't see a conceivable way, and i like stealth games so it's not like i haven't tried.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Daniel wrote: I was wondering if someone could tell me the differences between the different patch versions of the game, and if anything is removed in the patches (like in h&d2).
No I don't believe that there were any changes to the gameplay just bug fixes. You'll need the 1.3 patch.
Daniel wrote:I was also wondering if someone could give me a detailed list of differences between the originals and deluxe. If i remember, the faces are the same and the body parts of soldiers no longer explode from grenades.
But just recently i saw that the textures have been vastly upgraded. And there is fogging (is this in the original? or better in deluxe).
The major difference is the game engine it uses. H&D1 uses Insanity 1, H&D Deluxe uses Insanity 2. There are huge differences in lighting, collisions, and general effects. From memory the strategy map was completely re-done, it's the same functionality but works better. I think the multiplayer was re-done as well. The things taken out were the faces, bodies exploding, and all nazi symbols.
Daniel wrote: In terms of sound and eax / a3d support which is better?
Not sure... eax?
Daniel wrote:Also Jason, what does you finally half released deluxe 2 / restored do? If you have something released that will change the faces to that of the original then that is really enough for me to at least play deluxe instead of the originals - in light of other improvements. The actual player models have been improved haven't they? In the original, were the enemy faces random or were they fixed for each particular soldier on the map?
The only way to change the faces is to manually do it. I created all the separate models but didn't not implement them into every single map. Judging by the H&D Deluxe editor settings the developers just needed to change a number to change the face. This could be related to the model, I'm not sure if it could be implemented again I really need to have another look at the models but I doubt it.
Daniel wrote:I will help you all i can to get it that far but i also must say that i do not really wish to delve into the mission files for a game i have not played as this will no doubt spoil the missions and the magic of the game. Have the missions been altered to detriment in deluxe? Or is it largely better?
Not sure what you mean here? Deluxe missions are really the same as the original. One or two way points might have changed but very minor.
Daniel wrote:I honestly think that a project to get the feel of the game in line with the original (forgetting other improvements that may be subjective - they could be an optional addition) is a really important mod.
I agree as well. The look of C1M1 in deluxe is nothing like the original, it is one thing I did change in the H&D Restored package.
Daniel wrote:I also remember something about the music being changed.
How could I forget that for the above question. Yes, they used the Fight for Freedom theme music instead of the original game's music. A huge mistake that most of us change along with the nazi textures.
Daniel wrote:By the way, i still don't understand how you are meant to follow the advice from the briefing in the second mission where it says that you are meant to have men ready to burst into the factory building the moment the first shot is fired (taking out the guard posts). Is it not impossible to get anyone to the actual entrance without being seen? cos it seems like it. And surely if it was possible then there would be no real need to take out the guard posts anyway.
Yeah funny02 I remember trying that many times back... well ten years now :shock: some of the briefings are a bit more dramatic than the real in game events ;)
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:09 am

Jason wrote:
Daniel wrote: In terms of sound and eax / a3d support which is better?
Not sure... eax?
What i meant was which release - h&d original or deluxe has better support for these?
As i read something about it on Lars' site but didn't really get the full meaning as it was pretty terse and in German.
A3d works bouncing the audio around based on level geometry. This is better in that it helps you hear where exactly enemies come from. EAX on the other hand helps with echo and reverb but is less complex.
Jason wrote:
Daniel wrote:Also Jason, what does you finally half released deluxe 2 / restored do? If you have something released that will change the faces to that of the original then that is really enough for me to at least play deluxe instead of the originals - in light of other improvements. The actual player models have been improved haven't they? In the original, were the enemy faces random or were they fixed for each particular soldier on the map?
The only way to change the faces is to manually do it. I created all the separate models but didn't not implement them into every single map. Judging by the H&D Deluxe editor settings the developers just needed to change a number to change the face. This could be related to the model, I'm not sure if it could be implemented again I really need to have another look at the models but I doubt it.
Could you give me more information on this? What did you actually manage to do?
In the original game, are the faces of your enemies (both on patrol and ones that spawn) random? Or are the fixed?

For your own 4 soldiers, all it would take is to give 4 individual models and then i could easily enough make a program to rename the textures to the corresponding ones for each soldier - so you could choose your soldiers both within and outside the game and they would have the correct faces.

Or from what you were saying, is it possible to get the same models to use different textures by changing the integer? It wasn't clear? (Is it possible to load the levels from the original game into the editor to compare, or if not the levels, then anything at least).
Jason wrote:
Daniel wrote:I will help you all i can to get it that far but i also must say that i do not really wish to delve into the mission files for a game i have not played as this will no doubt spoil the missions and the magic of the game. Have the missions been altered to detriment in deluxe? Or is it largely better?
Not sure what you mean here? Deluxe missions are really the same as the original. One or two way points might have changed but very minor.
I just remembered reading that some missions had been changed, and not having played either i don't really want to go editing the missions themselves cos that would spoil them.
Jason wrote:
Daniel wrote:I honestly think that a project to get the feel of the game in line with the original (forgetting other improvements that may be subjective - they could be an optional addition) is a really important mod.
I agree as well. The look of C1M1 in deluxe is nothing like the original, it is one thing I did change in the H&D Restored package.
Was it only the first mission that was changed then? Or others too? All i saw different was improved textures but maybe the lighting was different?
Jason wrote:
Daniel wrote:I also remember something about the music being changed.
How could I forget that for the above question. Yes, they used the Fight for Freedom theme music instead of the original game's music.
Wouldn't the h&d music play when you are playing the original missions and the fff music when you are playing those missions? Or how does it work in the original and deluxe (in comparison).
Jason wrote: Yeah funny02 I remember trying that many times back... well ten years now :shock: some of the briefings are a bit more dramatic than the real in game events ;)
Yes, i get the impression Viet Minh is having me on a bit although i would like for him to elaborate.
Speaking of which, are the Vietcong games good?
And also, the commandoes series, are they easy to get running on xp, cos i heard that there are issues with them running too quickly?

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Hello? :p

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:07 am

Daniel wrote: What i meant was which release - h&d original or deluxe has better support for these?
As i read something about it on Lars' site but didn't really get the full meaning as it was pretty terse and in German.
A3d works bouncing the audio around based on level geometry. This is better in that it helps you hear where exactly enemies come from. EAX on the other hand helps with echo and reverb but is less complex.
I don't personally know sorry. You'll have to read the manual but not sure if that information would be in there. Can't say I've seen a question concerning this before.
Daniel wrote:Could you give me more information on this? What did you actually manage to do?
In the original game, are the faces of your enemies (both on patrol and ones that spawn) random? Or are the fixed?
All I did was take the H&D Deluxe models, copy them, take the face textures and apply them to create a new model. In order to use them you have to manually change each model in the missions. It is not random at all, it was never random in the original either. Each guard had a different face but the same guard at the same point in the game had the same face. They just used the program to change the face rather than using a different model.
Daniel wrote:For your own 4 soldiers, all it would take is to give 4 individual models and then i could easily enough make a program to rename the textures to the corresponding ones for each soldier - so you could choose your soldiers both within and outside the game and they would have the correct faces.
I'm not sure you would be able to do that as you need the H&D Deluxe program to know to run your program at the desired time. As far as I know that's impossible to do, let me know if it's not.
Daniel wrote:Or from what you were saying, is it possible to get the same models to use different textures by changing the integer? It wasn't clear? (Is it possible to load the levels from the original game into the editor to compare, or if not the levels, then anything at least).
Based on what is in the H&D Deluxe editor the developers simply changed an integer property (called face I think). But changing this does not work due to the way the models work. I'm pretty sure you can't load the original levels and all their data into the "new" H&D Deluxe editor. From memory the development process was a little more 3d Max centric.
Daniel wrote:I just remembered reading that some missions had been changed, and not having played either i don't really want to go editing the missions themselves cos that would spoil them.
Nope, no mission objective changes at all. Just one or two waypoints from the first campaign I think and that was it.
Daniel wrote:Was it only the first mission that was changed then? Or others too? All i saw different was improved textures but maybe the lighting was different?
As far as I remember no. The lighting makes some levels look a lot better but that's about it. I just feel they ruined the lighting on the first mission.
Daniel wrote:Wouldn't the h&d music play when you are playing the original missions and the fff music when you are playing those missions? Or how does it work in the original and deluxe (in comparison).
In H&D Deluxe the missions are merged into the one game so only one menu music file can be played. This said, all the characters from Fight for Freedom (Devil's Bridge) can't be played in H&D Deluxe. Only the original lot of soldiers is selectable. I don't think this has affected anyone at all, there were only a handfull of cool soldiers from FFF.
Daniel wrote: Yes, i get the impression Viet Minh is having me on a bit although i would like for him to elaborate.
Speaking of which, are the Vietcong games good?
And also, the commandoes series, are they easy to get running on xp, cos i heard that there are issues with them running too quickly?
Yes he does that :P
No idea, haven't played them
It ran fine when I did have it installed last or maybe I didn't get it to run? I don't remember :shock: I heard the steam version or another downloadable one works fine... think it was from another games download place. There's a steam forum topic on it somewhere. I'd like to go back and play them all! it's been YEARS :shock: played the originals before H&D :lol: wow... I feel old...

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:07 am

Okay i installed both the original and deluxe.

Also tried your deluxe 2 / deluxe restored and i must say with regard to faces, wow you did it.

One thing i dont understand is how can they change the uniforms but not the faces? cos even the little ss / italian flags on the helmets change.

Your one doesn't seem to use the same faces and uniforms - and looking through the files you use h&d fff faces for the enemies. No huge problem. Although in the second mission, there are no people in the sewers wearing blue uniforms like there should be - they have different uniforms for some reason in your patch.

You're right, i couldn't load the original missions in the editor. I guess you need a 3d modelling program that can load 3dsmax files. Will any do (just to view) or does it have to be a specific one / version? As that could be difficult.
I guess then you can easily find out what uniform / face texture is needed from looking at the original missions in 3dsmax? To be honest from a quick look at the second level, are the uniforms always correct?
Based on what is in the H&D Deluxe editor the developers simply changed an integer property (called face I think). But changing this does not work due to the way the models work.
Where and what is this? I cannot really find it. Pictures? i could see a model name in the deluxe files and also an actor name, but that was all. That said i don't know how to use the editor and was just looking around.

---------------------
My large problem is that i cannot get the original games to work - the sound is all messed up - particularly the playing of music / some certain sounds within the game (the train whistle on the first level) and also the briefings. Sounds kind of get cut of and start playing over and over before the previous has finished. It's a bit confusing.

What is your soundcard / computer setup where you have got the games working correctly? As it could be my xfi xtreme gamer causing problems and maybe making another windows xp install and using my onboard ac97 with it would work?

by the way, is there a no-cd for h&d 1.3 / fff because i dunno if it is reading off the cd but that might cause it if so? Even if not, would still be useful as will avoid disc wear and annoyance of putting them in all the time.
-----------------------

If you edit the original missions to change the faces / uniforms to the same as in the original then i could create a program to help with the 4 sas members and we would have a good patch :) Shouldn't be too hard hopefully. I would do the ai enemy editing myself but i don't know exactly how to use the editor and also i haven't played the missions yet so i dont want to spoil the game by opening them in the editor before i've played them.

What i can do though, is make a program that you can run while you run the game and you can select the soldiers you have in game in their positions in the list and it will choose the correct faces corresponding with the models in game - renaming the texture files and repacking). If you made 4 sas models then made 4 generic extra face textures then all it would take is copying the correct corresponding face over one of those 4 new face textures each time a choice was made :)

I've also though of having an option with it on launch as whether to launch in h&d mode or fff mode. This could then alter the menu graphics (if different?), music and soldiers available - allowing the use of fff soldiers when wanting to play through that campaign. The same method of reloading and recompiling the archive files could be used. This would really be quite good :)

Once i've played the game in its original form i would be happy to work on a deluxe restored with you.
I would say that all that needs to be changed for a first draft are the faces and then the other stuff to make the game better could be an optional extra? So that basically the first option is the same game that shipped just with deluxe engine extras (and better textures).

So basically, any ideas on how to get the originals working? Or if it's easy enough then we could get the mod done quickly and i'll play that.

Thanks for your help.
Sorry the post is such a long ramble haha

I guess i'll leave commandoes problems for after all this haha ;)
Last edited by Daniel on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:30 am

Any ideas how to get the sound working? What sound card do you have?

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Mon May 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Jason, Jason, where art thou Jason? :p

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon May 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Sorry for the delay, been distracted with "work related" things... which I'll announce later
Daniel wrote: One thing i dont understand is how can they change the uniforms but not the faces? cos even the little ss / italian flags on the helmets change.
That's just a new model.
Daniel wrote: Your one doesn't seem to use the same faces and uniforms - and looking through the files you use h&d fff faces for the enemies. No huge problem. Although in the second mission, there are no people in the sewers wearing blue uniforms like there should be - they have different uniforms for some reason in your patch.
It was a very long time ago that I did that but I can probably guess that it's because the blue is a navy uniform (I think), the facility is not near a naval base.
Daniel wrote: You're right, i couldn't load the original missions in the editor. I guess you need a 3d modelling program that can load 3dsmax files. Will any do (just to view) or does it have to be a specific one / version? As that could be difficult.
I guess then you can easily find out what uniform / face texture is needed from looking at the original missions in 3dsmax? To be honest from a quick look at the second level, are the uniforms always correct?
From memory you can load the original H&D game scenes directly into 3d max, so I guess you could use any. The H&D Deluxe one's require 3D Studio Max R3.
Daniel wrote:
Based on what is in the H&D Deluxe editor the developers simply changed an integer property (called face I think). But changing this does not work due to the way the models work.
Where and what is this? I cannot really find it. Pictures? i could see a model name in the deluxe files and also an actor name, but that was all. That said i don't know how to use the editor and was just looking around.
If you take a look at the tutorial I made here: http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/ins ... rial3.html
You can see the properties box, it has Face/Voice.
Daniel wrote: My large problem is that i cannot get the original games to work - the sound is all messed up - particularly the playing of music / some certain sounds within the game (the train whistle on the first level) and also the briefings. Sounds kind of get cut of and start playing over and over before the previous has finished. It's a bit confusing.

What is your soundcard / computer setup where you have got the games working correctly? As it could be my xfi xtreme gamer causing problems and maybe making another windows xp install and using my onboard ac97 with it would work?
I use on board sound. Asus P6T.Deluxe v1, can't say I've read about anyone having sound issues before. I've had the games run on XP but not without their troubles. It's not easy... it's temperamental that's for sure. Have you tried any compatibility modes?
Daniel wrote: by the way, is there a no-cd for h&d 1.3 / fff because i dunno if it is reading off the cd but that might cause it if so? Even if not, would still be useful as will avoid disc wear and annoyance of putting them in all the time.
Make sure you did the full install so that it copies all the files to the hard drive. Yes there is a no-cd you can use, just go to gamecopyworld.
Daniel wrote: If you edit the original missions to change the faces / uniforms to the same as in the original then i could create a program to help with the 4 sas members and we would have a good patch :) Shouldn't be too hard hopefully. I would do the ai enemy editing myself but i don't know exactly how to use the editor and also i haven't played the missions yet so i dont want to spoil the game by opening them in the editor before i've played them.
When I get time I'll definitely be looking at the models again. The capability must be in the engine. The models could be the key to it. They took it out due to performance issues apparently.
Daniel wrote: What i can do though, is make a program that you can run while you run the game and you can select the soldiers you have in game in their positions in the list and it will choose the correct faces corresponding with the models in game - renaming the texture files and repacking). If you made 4 sas models then made 4 generic extra face textures then all it would take is copying the correct corresponding face over one of those 4 new face textures each time a choice was made :)
That sounds overkill :lol: plus, how would you know what soldiers the player selects?
Daniel wrote: I've also though of having an option with it on launch as whether to launch in h&d mode or fff mode. This could then alter the menu graphics (if different?), music and soldiers available - allowing the use of fff soldiers when wanting to play through that campaign. The same method of reloading and recompiling the archive files could be used. This would really be quite good :)
This actually sounds really interesting. I never thought about it before. It'd be great to do :mrgreen:
Daniel wrote: Once i've played the game in its original form i would be happy to work on a deluxe restored with you.
I would say that all that needs to be changed for a first draft are the faces and then the other stuff to make the game better could be an optional extra? So that basically the first option is the same game that shipped just with deluxe engine extras (and better textures).
I'd be interested in revisiting the project after I've completed the Flash mini game.
Daniel wrote: So basically, any ideas on how to get the originals working?
They should work on XP, did you get the 1.3 patch from this website?

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Tue May 03, 2011 1:20 am

That's okay, wouldn't normally be a problem but it's basically only you of the old guard here :D I just have an appetite for the game now that i've managed to get it sort of going.
I tried a new windows install with onboard sound and it had exactly the same problem... however:

Someone suggested to me to change the dxdiag sound preferences from full acceleration down to basic and this worked. It appears to work correctly at basic and also off. I am not sure if this degrades the 3d sound quality and positional / reverb effects but it certainly gets rid of the problem. Not sure why this works - did you have to do this?

Hmm yes, i don't have 3dsmax r3 so that could be a problem.

That face thing is a really good sign - wow it seems that they left all the faces intact? Even in the FFF missions. Although a lot of them seem to use face 56 in Poland 1 mission - i'm not sure if this is the same as in the original, since i don't have 3dsmax installed to check, and checking in-game is rather difficult ;)

Do any soldiers actually have a different voice? And if so, how is this really implemented, as i thought there aren't really enough different sound files for voice variations? Or does it just ignore the setting (in the original too?). Or is it ever even anything different to 0 anyway?

Hmm i got the one from gamecopyworld and it doesn't seem to work. It still asks me for the disc. Is this because i ran the game once or twice before trying the no-cd. It's annoying really, and i don't really want to be having to put the cds in cos if they get worn out, it's not like i will be able to get replacements. (I did a full-install).
Also the Fight For Freedom one seems like it's not even a no-cd? or at least it tells you to burn it to a disc before you even install, with the rest of the install files. How odd. Haven't tried it mind you.

One problem i am having with the game is that in Fight for Freedom, the first level, Poland 1 with the jet takes ages to load to the map or even to reload a save. Another issue is that when they shoot at me with automatic weapons, doing some crazy burst firework shot, my framerate goes through the floor and it makes it nigh uncontrollable. I'm not sure if it happens in the normal game as well - will have to check more. But certainly really need to get around this issue as it really quite hampers playability.

From what you've said and what i am thinking, i would say my priority now is just to try and get the originals working and then play through that. That means i will be better positioned to help you with any mod and also means the game won't be spoiled when editing.
So, any tips on stopping that fps problem would be a great help.
I've only tried the first mission on FFF just to test that the game works (and played a little bit of the second).

Yes, i am using the 1.3 patch from this website. Does FFF have any patches? I am assuming not but i may be wrong.

My idea for the SAS members is really simple actually, but does involve player effort. Basically, between missions, the player would keep my program running (or start it up again) and then tell it what soldier faces to load. Essentially you would do your soldier selection in the program to match up with the soldier selection in game and then it would load the corresponding face textures.

In terms of FFF restoring, can the soldiers attributes be copied across? As i know the pictures can be replaced. Not sure if the additional soldiers can be removed, but their portraits could be replaced with "empty" ones to encourage people not to select them.

I am glad that they left the face integers in - that takes out the element of guesswork though - assuming they haven't altered them from the original in any way - would need to load up stuff in 3dsmax just for a check. It might even be the case that a program can be written to read the face integers from the map files and then change the models of each soldiers accordingly, so that they all have the corresponding faces. Probly have to get it to find and replace hex edit and suchlike which i'm not really sure how to do but theoretically could be done automatically, which would save a lot of work to be honest. Even if it's hard to do with hex, can you do kind of "find and replace" macros or something in the editor itself? Or at least a way to switch quickly between all actors, without having to find them on the map and double click.

Oh yes, now for some other questions regarding the game that hopefully you can answer:

What is up with when the enemies shoot in some really odd burst fire mode where shots come out almost like a shotgun, in every direction and it makes a really really strange sound (almost like the engine cannot cope). This happens in both deluxe and the original.

Also, where is the extra background information about each soldier, for example that says William "Mad" Calvert was a mechanic before the war etc. For example here: http://replay.web.archive.org/200608150 ... alvert.asp
Where can that be found in game? Cos i really couldn't find it in the menus or anywhere, and it's quite interesting background details lol.

Strangely, i have found that the shooting stats don't necessarily correspond with how good a sniper the soldier is? At least, i had Calvert as a sniper with a rating of 80 but he was really really awful, with a lot of his shots missing the targets by miles, where as someone like The Mule Wooley who has a stat of 70 seemed much better, which seemed rather odd to me. I don't really get it.

I think that's all for now, at least i can't remember anything else as of yet hehe :p
Thanks for your time Jason (or anyone else who reads this lol).

Edit - what on earth, why aren't my weapons i picked up carried through to the second mission on Fight for Freedom. Bug?! For some reason it's given me the same choice i gave myself for the first mission - including all the tnt. That means no mp40 or mp44, which is kind of equalling screwed right now.
Last edited by Daniel on Tue May 03, 2011 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue May 03, 2011 11:01 am

By disabling or dropping to basic the sound card's acceleration, you are making it easier for the game to use it, or not use it at all. The game is having trouble telling the sound card how to bring you sound, you might wanna try the same thing with your graphics card, the game does not require one.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sat May 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Hmm another problem i have noticed is when you move on to a new mission, the inventories of individual soldiers can switch - for example, soldier 4 will get soldier 1's stuff and vice versa. Dunno if 2 and 3 swap too. Whatever, it is extremely annoying and i don't know how to stop it from happening.

Edit - Argh, 2 and 3 swap too and it seems to happen every time :( How do i stop it.
Last edited by Daniel on Sun May 08, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sun May 08, 2011 11:47 pm

What the fook, it works the same if they die too - if soldier 4 dies, it thinks soldier 1 died. Also if soldier 2 dies i assume it thinks 3 has.

Maybe this has something to do with the tactical map too? As the order is also reversed there - soldier 1 is at the bottom of the list and 4 at the top.