4ds files hacked

This is for general discussion about Hidden & Dangerous 2, talk about what you liked or what you didn't like about the sequel. Talk about multiplayer games, setup matches etc.
finnlayer
Corporal

Re: 4ds files hacked

Unread post by finnlayer » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm new on here and wanted to thank all of you for you hard work, fine stuff.

As you might be aware, i can mod the whole of lot of textures from the sabre squadron.dta, , i can even get all the scripts from every single player map, i even am able to get original scripts from mp maps, I'm not possible of yet to get all the scripts from mp, i do have scripts from Brest, Sicily, Burgundy 123, Libya123, others, some editing of cleaning junk is need to remake back to a . scr script file.

I also can get information on some .bin files, and sound.bin from the sabre expansion , but .klz is not possible of yet, and i see you also need to take junk away and remake the .bin files. for use of those files.

I even have a web site, i built my self with many new mods for hd2, i also try to keep people interested  in hd2 with my many mods. I am one of the biggest modder of hd2 sabre squadron , my new weapon scope mods are just a fine example of what i can do for this game.  http://sabremods.weebly.com/#/  my site.

Guys,  i could help with a few items for the missing stuff of sabre, and even do a list of the missing textures, as you can see this would take some time to do. All textures need to be remade from sabre, if there going to be of any use for a editor , so if you like a look at some of the missing .scr .bins, missing files,  you can contact me,  and i will send a link of my things to you.

Help is were the heart is at !  :grin:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:40 am

What do you mean by "missing" stuff? How about the items.sav from it?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:13 am

Missing stuff, you haven't a clue ? all things from sabresquadron.dta, the .dta file that is not possible to extract from but is possible to hack it and extract some items that are from the ss, have you ever notice that some maps are not even mod, like Brest, Burgundy, libya3 and some others, as there is no .klz file and scripts , bin file , scene files,  i say missing files,  because their not available for any one to use of yet.

The files and textures are in the game, how do you extract the files from the dta ?, save. can be extracted from memory, even the names to all textures from hd2 game can be extracted, their is over 7000 bmp files locked in the dta, even a whole bunch of tga files, their is a way to get mostly all the file for mission and scrips from Brest, Libya 3, ect , once i have extracted all, i also have to take out code and remake many of the files if their to be of any use, if i  take a day to extract files, i would need some one that could remake and strip out piles of code from the missions and scrips folders form the locked items from .dta, as i mention the only files i can not get hold of is the .klz files for the ss maps of the expansion. what am i saying i can rip from the lock .dta but i can't get hold of every thing.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:10 am

finnlayer wrote: From what i can see from items.sav and anim.sav is this , but i can not make much sense of it.

KRITICKA chyba pri nahravani souboru items.sav  Tables\items.sav    ?:? ?:?  :? ?:? tank    finR    finL    mask    magazine    fpv_weapon  ?w?    .?AVexception@@ ?w?    .?AVlogic_error@std@@  ?w?    .?AVlength_error@std@@  ?w?    .?AVout_of_range@std@@  ?      ?w?    .?AVios_base@std@@      ?w?    .?AV?$basic_ios@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@  ?w?    .?AV?$basic_istream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@      ?w?    .?AV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@      ?w?    .?AV?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@    ?w?    .?AV?$basic_filebuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@  ?  ?w?    .?AV?$basic_ios@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@@std@@  ?w?    .?AV?$basic_istream@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@@std@@      ?w?    .?AV?$basic_ostream@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@@std@@      ?w?    .?AV?$basic_filebuf@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@@std@@      ?w?    .?AV?$basic_streambuf@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@@std@@   ?w?    .?AVruntime_error@std@@ ?w?    .?AVfailure@ios_base@std@@      ?w?    .?AVfacet@locale@std@@  ?w?    .?AV_Locimp@locale@std@@        ?w?    .?AVbad_alloc@std@@ u?  s?  ?Y~ ?Y~ ?Y~  ?            asin            ?              acos            ?                               

! 
  5    A 
  C    P    R 
  S 
  W    Y    l 
  m      p    r        ? 
  ? 
  ?    ?    ? 
  ?  )  ? 
  ?    ?    ? 
  ?    ?    ?                      ??pow $?~       ?w?    .?AVtype_info@@ ?$            `?    `?   ????                        ????                          ????                            ????                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                p?? ?I                        ??    ??I??I???            ??? `?I                        ?                    8?I                                                                C  C                                                                                                                                  C                                                                                                                                      Hx?    ??~   pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??P?? ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??    ???>  pA  ??D?? ???>  pA  ??    ???>  ?A  ??    ???>  ?A  ??    ???>  ?A  ??    ???>  ?A  ??    ???>  ?A  ??4?? ???>  A  ??$?? ???>  A  ???? ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ???? ???>  A  ????? ???>  A  ????? ???>  A  ????? ???>  A  ????? ???>  A  ????? ???>  A  ????? ???>  A  ????? ???>  A  ????? ???>  A  ??t?? ???>  A  ??d?? ???>  A  ??T?? ???>  A  ??H?? ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??,?? ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ?? ?? ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ???? ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ??    ???>  A  ???? ???>  A  ??    ???>
You need to post that in HEX, you (or anyone else) will never make sense of it otherwise.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Yeah so they are not really missing... I'm not interested in the animations at this point, just the items.sav from there; and yes in HEX please. Or send me the file you are looking at.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:02 pm

[/quote]

You need to post that in HEX, you (or anyone else) will never make sense of it otherwise.
[/quote]

Now in hex - download here
http://db.tt/eKKHVjF  must be a important file. 

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:34 pm

The items.sav file is pretty important, it holds the inventory for the missions afaik. It can also be used once edited, you don't need the other files as SS will use the ones in the .dta file if it ain't in the folder. Did that make sense?

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 pm

understood, like the inventory for a back pack that hold items.

I did see some other items.sav, it had .bmp and dat, dx1 and mission names to maps, if it would be of any use i could post that one too.  i pulled out from memory,  other items.sav, dog_anim.sav, Mpseting.sav, profile.sav, tables.sav, if they any of use or not , its all i could do to help out.

http://db.tt/XKEymU0
Last edited by finnlayer on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 pm

It looks like the memory is just loading bits and pieces from the file where and when it needs them. Both of the files named items are incomplete and fragmented. Need to extract the whole file from the dta. So where is Jovan!?

Ikaros
Sergeant

Unread post by Ikaros » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:18 am

I think you are a bit off topic. Here we were discussing about .4ds and max, not the .dta from Sabre :)
I suggest to start a new topic for it.

By the way, could you get some scene2.bin or actors.bin file from sabre?
http://malgolan.altervista.org/
Italian politicians - Not in my name!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 am

Ikaros wrote: I think you are a bit off topic. Here we were discussing about .4ds and max, not the .dta from Sabre :)
I suggest to start a new topic for it.

By the way, could you get some scene2.bin or actors.bin file from sabre?
There is a topic here about cracking DTA for SS: index.php/topic,927.15.html

Haven't heard from Jovan in a bit! might have to get the whip out
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

hdmaster
Sergeant

Unread post by hdmaster » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Looking through disassembled code of hd2ss I've found a way to read files from SabreSquadron.dta.:grin:
It's done by running hd2ss.exe in a python debugger and hooking the data that is read by the function dtaRead. But the bad thing is only the data is "extracted" that the process is currently reading, e.g. when hd2ss loads a map.
This way you can extract almost every file. This includes images, .4ds .5ds etc, .bin and other like text files but NOT scripts. However this does not extract all files properly like sounds and images.

I ran a few tests with my debugger but it's still buggy. Maybe I'll publish a working "extractor" within the next few weeks but I'm very busy at the moment

I also came up with another idea how to get the data decrypted/unpacked which is better than the previous method...

Ikaros
Sergeant

Unread post by Ikaros » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Wow, this is a great new, hdmaster! Thank you! :D Now I'm looking for mission folder, to realize new occupation maps  :P Please keep me up with news...

PS: I've been very busy too. I hope I can restart working on map.4ds, editor and documentation soon.
http://malgolan.altervista.org/
Italian politicians - Not in my name!

JonnySniper
Lieutenant

Unread post by JonnySniper » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 pm

If I understand correctly...you read the files out of the memory?
if that's the case then you should read all files(scripts) too.
but it is very difficult :)
www.object-arts.de.tl
Idee := Brain.Activate(self);

Marvin (hun)
Sergeant

Unread post by Marvin (hun) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:03 am

It's a great news hdmaster!!! Does it mean that will be available to make "custom" maps from the Sabre maps (like the other existing unofficial maps), but need to write totally new scripts?

I sent a mail to you about the separated textures.
Last edited by Marvin (hun) on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.