Underway

Read the most current and up to date news on the web site.
Jason
Administrator

Underway

Unread post by Jason » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Just like to announce that I am working on the new CMS like a beaver!... erm I mean working hard even though I have been sick for a week with some cold/flu thing. Getting better though and became bored with resting so I started really getting into it and well phase 1 is almost complete grin01

What's phase 1... not much :oops:

Page control, News control and Download control. This means I will be uploading a whole heap of new / old downloads, finally. One small step but I would also like to announce something huge!... on second thought I will let it wait... you will see :mrgreen:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Godbee
Private

Re: Underway

Unread post by Godbee » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:31 pm

You tease!
Xfire = 22Joe

Tom
Private

Unread post by Tom » Sat May 31, 2008 4:26 am

Hey, Jason...

Good to know you are keeping the torch lit, for the benefit of all.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tom

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:29 pm

UPDATE on the progress.

Phase 1 should be up and running in the next week or two. I am just making some final additions to the core code then I will implement it into the current website design (with some updates to the general look of the website).

Phase 2 will include a projects section (for mods etc.), multiplayer network and forums (hopefully). The multiplayer network will allow you all to create clans, setup matches and list your server.

Phase 3 will be announced ;)

Phase 2 will be twice the size of phase 1, thus taking twice the amount of time (sorry) but it will be great. I have been developing the website for a long time now but only the past two months have been "full time" (as full time as I can be with my free time). I am very excited to have this all on the go, if you have any ideas or suggestions please post them in the feedback thread or PM/email me.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Jason wrote:Phase 1 should be up and running in the next week or two. I am just making some final additions to the core code then I will implement it into the current website design (with some updates to the general look of the website).
Perhaps I should stop with the estimated times no_02

It has been a few months since then, what the fuck happened? well I re-coded the whole thing that I had done which is a lot. Why? so the rest would be faster. However looking back that was a bad idea. It has taken me a bit to get back to where I was but it is definitely a lot faster for me to code new modules.

Some people might be wondering "wouldn't it be easier to use an existing CMS", for most people yes. But I am very hard to satisfy. I have extensive experience in working with Content Management Systems and a lot out there are packed full of shit that you simply do not need or don't have enough of what you need or they do things in a way which is disgusting to work with. Only the best for H&D fans ;)

If you want to help out, cool, let me know!

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:04 am

From what I know, custom is the way to go.

Avast queries.