2 Years of Hidden and Dangerous Net

Read the most current and up to date news on the web site.
Jason
Administrator

2 Years of Hidden and Dangerous Net

Unread post by Jason » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:12 am

2 Years of Hidden and Dangerous Net (03 September 2004 - 2006)

That's right this website is now 2 years old! Technically this is the 2nd Hidden and Dangerous website I have owned. The first was Exposed and Disarmed, which was for the most part under construction, except for the forums. Sadly the forum data was lost so we had to start again frown01 Those whom have good memories will remember that I was the news editor for the Unofficial Hidden and Dangerous website which sadly is now offline, including the forums. This is the last active H&D website primarily for english speaking audiences. There won't be another H&D game for a couple of years no doubt, unless Illusion Softworks employs more people ;)

This community is great. People come and go (ahem :oops:) all the time but the fact is they always come back. This game Hidden and Dangerous is beyond brilliant, although the graphics is outdated it stays in our hearts and in our minds. The experience of playing this game has affect us all and that will forever stay with us. H&D is 7 years old, if it wasn't for H&D Illusion Softworks would be nothing, with out you all H&D would be nothing, without Illusion Softworks we wouldn't be here on this website. Thank you Illusion Softworks for creating a masterpiece thup01 we'll all be waiting for H&D3 grin01

Lately more than ever I have realised what H&D means to me and what this community means to me. The closure of Mack and Fugue's forum was very upsetting. Seeing the closure of so many H&D websites and forums over the years has been upsetting.

I won't ever close this website. As long as I am able, this website will remain online.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Jackshit
Corporal

Re: 2 Years of Hidden and Dangerous Net

Unread post by Jackshit » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:25 pm

I'm glad you're not closing down. I've been lurking on this website for years. This forum got me through spagetti airport.

wanderer1825
Sergeant

Unread post by wanderer1825 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:32 pm

Many thanks Jason for keeping H&D alive.
I was hooked  from the first incarnation in 99 (Is it really that long?)
What amazes me is that no one else has tried to produce a similar game. There is
really nothing quite like H&D.
I'm also surprised at the company for not 'milking it'
I don't think it was advertised enough. But then, thats what's probably what's made it so special.

I really hope we see H&D3 soon.

Tony

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:25 pm

I still lurk here a lot. As far as i know this is the only active HnD site i know apart from WCK. If this closes it work make me kinda homeless as it would Vit, Oldih, Droz, Unlce V &....

Many many thanks Jason & my best regards.

Grim

johnkeel105
Private

Unread post by johnkeel105 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:31 pm

I know I haven't been an active forum poster. But this is the best Hidden and Dangerous site out there. It is a shame that even the game is hard to find now. I hope they make a Hidden and Dangerous 3. With the proper advertising it could be a really popular game.

Nick_Killington
Private

Unread post by Nick_Killington » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:09 am

just became a member of this site today, though i have been playing for years. this is by far, teh greatest game ever made. amin

wanderer1825
Sergeant

Unread post by wanderer1825 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:33 pm

A lot of us are still here. Still looking in from time to time, waiting for H&D 3.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:50 am

And we'll be here as long as it takes thup01 just a shame that Duke Nukem Forever will come out before H&D3 is announced at this rate :lol:

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:41 pm

I think this will go off-topic here, does it matter Jason?:

I doubt we will see a HnD3, the company dont exist no more, the original designers left the new founded company, that is why Mafia2 is crap.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Topics have a natural progression to other areas...

The original game programmer of H&D1 and a couple of level designers left IS long before H&D2. It happens, things change. A lot of the core H&D2 people have left as well. It can be a good or a bad thing. We can only wait and see.

Mafia 2 wasn't "crap", it just had a lot of crap points. It was disappointing.