Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Read the most current and up to date news on the web site.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:26 pm

synchro wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:01 pm
Also, i hope the MP aspects have had their protocols updated. It used to use TCP/IP. I sincerely that isn't the case anymore. The only games that use TCP/IP are turn based as the download is the only thing that's importamnt and the upload can take as long as it wants... unlike modern third person or first person games.

I was a huge fan of the original and enjoyed the co-op game immensely but the first H&D was riddled with bugs and crashing was the norm, which, though frustrating, still had us struggling to play thru a 4 player co-op game. Some of the best co-op gaming i've ever played was on H&D1 and 2.
Here's some information on getting H&D2 Multiplayer to work
Here's how to get Deluxe to work Co-op with modern PCs, you can use GameRanger with it.
The original just seems to work.

It's a shame there isn't a way to run dedicated servers for the original H&D, otherwise I'd be all over that. We'll probably be putting up some MP servers for the site as well - will be looking into that and it's costs thup01
jackycola wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:30 pm
I am pretty unhappy with this. When they put it up to sell it and make money, they could at least do some fixes and whatever :-?

if there was at least widescreen and multiplayer and whatever notable bugs fixed, I'd instantly buy it and tell my friends to get it. But like that I'd rather not play it or use the free deluxe edition.
Understandable, don't buy the games if you don't want to guys, especially considering they seem like the same version as retail but I see it as supporting it might actually get us some updates later, a steam release (which will force updates because steam users wont accept broken) or the publisher might realise there is interest in this kind of game. I was told gog.com did do some optimisations but was not told what.

If you're already on gog.com I'd go to the forums and complain about it, might help pressure them into looking into fixing it grin01
I mean we have solutions for MP already, they could implement them. Widescreen support would be great.

Thorir
Corporal

Unread post by Thorir » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Absolutely agree. I would buy ASAP for sure, if they'd apply a wide-screen patch. It would be the minimum in 2017.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:14 pm

I want a remake with up-to-date graphics, the campaigns of BOTH the first two games and their expansions COMBINED and aligned chronologically, and with a FULLY functional Co-Op mode firmly in place. Throwing in a story is optional, but only if it doesn't interfere with our ability to strategize.

xCuDi
Private

Unread post by xCuDi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:25 pm

Though my presence has been super limited and short lived here, seeing the email for this post was the most exciting thing to happen all day. Thanks Jason!

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Are there really no changes from the original version?
The normal HD1 runs only in safe mode on my windows 7. And GoG writes it should run on Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
Also i wonder if it still has modem multiplayer support :D xD

Zdenda
Sergeant

Unread post by Zdenda » Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 am

Hello there! :-)
Hey Nils! Long time no see! :-)

If you guys still like to play HD1, check this out:
http://www.hdedit.net/main.html

click HD1 mod :-).

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi Zdenda, nice to hear from you again :D

I always wonder about that great game. 20 Years old but every year new mods... so fast that i have no time to test them xD

I will check that new mod and let you know.

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 am

Jason wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:26 pm
Understandable, don't buy the games if you don't want to guys, especially considering they seem like the same version as retail but I see it as supporting it might actually get us some updates later, a steam release (which will force updates because steam users wont accept broken) or the publisher might realise there is interest in this kind of game. I was told gog.com did do some optimisations but was not told what.
Right, "optimisations." Not like there aren't opportunities for improvement.

The cart pulls the horse.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:31 am

Sadly, Jason's mod wasn't too successful.

The arsenal having all the American weapons was lovely, but the Germans still have sniper rifles where they should only have non-scoped mausers. Also, the ones WITH mausers have M1 Carbines, which is very wrong.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:53 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:31 am
Sadly, Jason's mod wasn't too successful.

The arsenal having all the American weapons was lovely, but the Germans still have sniper rifles where they should only have non-scoped mausers. Also, the ones WITH mausers have M1 Carbines, which is very wrong.
:lol: was that Deluxe 2? the one I didn't finish...

I've learnt alot about project management since then... it really should be easy to finish that :shock: HRMMM

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Also, any kraut that spawned with a grenade in his hand now had a spare uniform on him, which was nice, as I LOVE disguises, but it looks silly how the uniform (in a mannequin) hovers over the live soldier.

Tom
Private

Unread post by Tom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Excellent... Good, to know...

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Also, the mission through Prague doesn't look anything like an uprising; there should be more partisans spawning and exchanging fire with the Krauts.

The Soviet soldiers on the bridge should spawn with Spagins, and non-scoped Lee Enfields, in place of their Mosin rifles.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Hey Jason, Is there a forum somewhere, where we can discuss collectively a rerelease for H&D Deluxe?