Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Read the most current and up to date news on the web site.
User avatar
Jason
Administrator
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Jason » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:10 pm

You can now purchase Hidden & Dangerous from gog.com

This includes the original game, Fight for Freedom aka Devils Bridge (not deluxe, but it comes included) and H&D2 and Sabre Squadron

https://www.gog.com/game/hidden_dangerous_action_pack

https://www.gog.com/game/hidden_dangero ... under_fire

More information to come, we'll be having some give aways thup01

[UPDATE]
Information on fixing H&D2 Multiplayer is here: http://hidden-and-dangerous.net/article ... ltiplayer/

Hansu E
Private
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Hansu E » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:30 am

It's good thing, that You still keep this game alive. I still have it (H&D 2) in my Win 7 PC and time to time I start it again, maybe forever. I have even 1st H&D in my Win 98 Computer, ready to continue, when I want.

So, thank You for that site!

Hansu E

User avatar
Thorir
Corporal
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Thorir » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:42 am

Does it support 16:9 (widescreen) resolutions? It would be awsome...

User avatar
Hanzu
Private
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Hanzu » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:51 am

Great! I have been voting the wishlists of these in GOG and I hope they provided the source code for GOG for some bug fixes. I played both of these so much and the missions had ugly breaking bugs, that could have been easily corrected. I used to document those bugs among other things:
http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/Hidden%20&% ... n%20V1.20/
http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/Hidden%20&% ... %20Deluxe/

It was nice to have email announcement of this from here. Did not remember anymore that I had registered.

User avatar
Myron
Commando
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: USA

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Myron » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 am

Who do we call to get this game remade? Who currently owns it?

Same goes for other games, like Red Alert 1 and 2. In fact, almost all the Command & Conquer franchise needs to be remade. Keep the old cutscenes (if they are live action with real actors), but PLEASE remake the battles, as the graphics and mechanics are unworkable.

User avatar
Thorir
Corporal
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Thorir » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:24 am

My secret dream is that someone, sometime will remake the H&DD missions for H&D2. But as far as I know, for H&D2 it's hard (if at all possible) to create mods... So currently my only reasonable wish is to play in real 16:9.

User avatar
Jason
Administrator
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:31 am

Hansu E wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:30 am
It's good thing, that You still keep this game alive. I still have it (H&D 2) in my Win 7 PC and time to time I start it again, maybe forever. I have even 1st H&D in my Win 98 Computer, ready to continue, when I want.

So, thank You for that site!

Hansu E
I'll keep this site around as long as I can :grin: It's great news that they finally made the games available for download. We can only hope that they add them to other services like Steam, if they do they will have to put in even more effort to fix them for modern PCs. And like you I've always had H&D installed since 1999 :lol:
Thorir wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:42 am
Does it support 16:9 (widescreen) resolutions? It would be awsome...
By default kind of but not really, H&D1 and deluxe work better with 1920x1080 than H&D2. H&D Deluxe works the best, it stretches the UI but everything else seems fine including the tactical map. H&D1 has issues with the tactical map being mis-aligned, not a major issue but it is annoying.

H&D2 is the worst. You can get it to go widescreen but it stretches badly. You can find some details here: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/hidden-dangerous-2
I'll be looking into this shortly to see what can be done but there is a discussion here: https://embed.gog.com/forum/hidden_dang ... t_for_hd_2

User avatar
Thorir
Corporal
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Thorir » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:34 am

I tought that maybe the GoG version contains some smaller updated features, like the resolution-thing. But I suppose then the answer is no.

User avatar
Jason
Administrator
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:42 am

Hanzu wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:51 am
Great! I have been voting the wishlists of these in GOG and I hope they provided the source code for GOG for some bug fixes. I played both of these so much and the missions had ugly breaking bugs, that could have been easily corrected. I used to document those bugs among other things:
http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/Hidden%20&% ... n%20V1.20/
http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/Hidden%20&% ... %20Deluxe/

It was nice to have email announcement of this from here. Did not remember anymore that I had registered.
It doesn't really look like they have fixed anything which sucks but it's better to have the games, if they get popular on gog.com they might release them on Steam which means they will have to update them for sure. A lot of the issues are easily fixed, it is annoying that they haven't done it with this release.

I like to keep screenshots of game success missions as well, thought I was the only one :lol: I really like to keep stats like that and know them. Would be cool if we could easily see other peoples or share stats. If they could be exported from the game that would be cool... hrmmm!
Myron wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 am
Who do we call to get this game remade? Who currently owns it?

Same goes for other games, like Red Alert 1 and 2. In fact, almost all the Command & Conquer franchise needs to be remade. Keep the old cutscenes (if they are live action with real actors), but PLEASE remake the battles, as the graphics and mechanics are unworkable.
Take 2, 2k Games, 2k Czech (they are part of Hanger 13 now I believe). Hopefully this gog.com release of the games is the first step to a remake or sequel thup01

Another C&C would be great. Think I still have them installed, normally have Tiberian Sun.

User avatar
Jason
Administrator
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:45 am

Thorir wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:34 am
I tought that maybe the GoG version contains some smaller updated features, like the resolution-thing. But I suppose then the answer is no.
I haven't gone over them with a fine tooth comb yet but I will funny01

They look the same and they are definitely the same versions (H&D1 being 1.3, Deluxe being 1.51 and H&D2 being 1.12). H&D1 might have had some visual difference in colours but not 100% sure. Will definitely post about any differences I find. They might update the games later as well.

jdt73
Private
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by jdt73 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Thanks for the HU. Going to have to join up at GoG then.

indio68
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by indio68 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Great new,....and it will use galaxy for multy? thans for the info with email, guys

Jakkals
Private
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 am

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by Jakkals » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Yes! Looking forward to join up at GoG.
Thank you to everyone of you that is keeping this game alive and in our minds. We really appreciate what you are doing for us "die-hards", and for H&D. thup01

jackycola
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:07 am

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by jackycola » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Jason wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:45 am
Thorir wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:34 am
I tought that maybe the GoG version contains some smaller updated features, like the resolution-thing. But I suppose then the answer is no.
I haven't gone over them with a fine tooth comb yet but I will funny01

They look the same and they are definitely the same versions (H&D1 being 1.3, Deluxe being 1.51 and H&D2 being 1.12). H&D1 might have had some visual difference in colours but not 100% sure. Will definitely post about any differences I find. They might update the games later as well.

I am pretty unhappy with this. When they put it up to sell it and make money, they could at least do some fixes and whatever :-?

if there was at least widescreen and multiplayer and whatever notable bugs fixed, I'd instantly buy it and tell my friends to get it. But like that I'd rather not play it or use the free deluxe edition.

User avatar
synchro
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:28 am

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Available Digitally

Unread post by synchro » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:01 pm

i still own the original versions of all the H&D games and until i KNOW FOR CERTAIN that there have been updates to make it run at the very least 1900x1080 i won't be buying them.
i mean., why should i? what would be the point? i already own the games that ran great on my old Athlon 3200+ and i cannot imagine how badly win10 pro would handle such an old game on an i7 6700 w GTX970.

Unless gog makes some effort to update this game the way, eg, Planescape:Torment has been updated, at the very least, by the modders of Torment, then i see no reason to waste money on a very old dated piece of software that likely will be as buggy as the original.

Also, i hope the MP aspects have had their protocols updated. It used to use TCP/IP. I sincerely that isn't the case anymore. The only games that use TCP/IP are turn based as the download is the only thing that's importamnt and the upload can take as long as it wants... unlike modern third person or first person games.

I was a huge fan of the original and enjoyed the co-op game immensely but the first H&D was riddled with bugs and crashing was the norm, which, though frustrating, still had us struggling to play thru a 4 player co-op game. Some of the best co-op gaming i've ever played was on H&D1 and 2.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest