Illusion Softworks, Where are they now?

Read the most current and up to date news on the web site.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Illusion Softworks, Where are they now?

Unread post by Jason » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 pm

I have to say...
crusti wrote:Red Dead Redemption is
extremely boring and highly over rated. I bought it for my partner on the PS3, what a pile of cowboy shit :shock: I don't mind "Westerns" every now and then, but Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman was more exciting than what I have seen of that game :lol:

Pass me a Sten, righto chaps!

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Mafia 2 was dead for many years, but they eventually made it. I am inclined to believe that if H&D3 were made, it would be some bastard creation that briefly alludes to the previous series and the SAS before doing something completely different. Rockstar has a way of packing their games with this...gritty sort of arcade style crime, which has a certain appeal, but doesn't make a very interesting story. The style is very distinct...I feel like I am watching a fictitious movie instead of living through a character.

shrekdj
Corporal

Unread post by shrekdj » Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 pm

H&D 2 is simply the best world war game and even if there are so much games that have better graphics the realism found in the gameplay of H&D 2 is much much better (along side Ghost recon 1).
Never understood why H&D2 was so underrated otherwise H&D 3 would have been released much early.
There are some major flaws in H&D 2 and its bad that the team involved in the game development not associated anymore. This game cries for a better design in execution of the team and refined gameplay.

Currently, enjoying Sniper Elite and waiting for Hitman Absolution, till than I hope some one duplicates the amazing concept of H&D 2 gameplay :grin:

Bighouse
Sergeant

Unread post by Bighouse » Sat May 05, 2012 10:05 pm

GTA SAS, why not but it should not be linked into H&D in any way. H&D3 should be H&D Deluxe with a up-to-date engine/graphics and stuff. Why deluxe...because it had an editor :)

Also I do not like the idea of Rockstar making the next H&D. They would do it for the consoles and maybe transport it to PC later. Oh I get a headache just by thinking about the controls.

Give me H&D with VR Helmet and gloves with a pressure response (I mean that you can feel)...wouldn't that be something?

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Sun May 06, 2012 9:00 pm

@Jason
I really enjoyed Red Dead onlive, the maps all never well populated with players tho.
I have PS3 and Xbox, IMO theres mores players on Xbox live that PSN no matter what game your on.

@Bighouse
Interactive films mate if I had that setup ;-)

BlasterHD
Private

Unread post by BlasterHD » Tue May 29, 2012 10:42 am

Petr Vochozka(Development director) starts Icarus games, they are making hidden objects games (adventure game)

Martin Benes(Lead artist) and Peter Kubek(Team leader) are in Easy company games (I don't know correct name)

Marek Rabas(Lead programmer) starts Madfinger games, they make for iphone (shadowrun)

They aren't planning next projects on HD 2. no_01 This is probably end. no_01