Hidden & Dangerous 2 in Top 20 for April PC Game Sales

Read the most current and up to date news on the web site.
Jason
Administrator

Hidden & Dangerous 2 in Top 20 for April PC Game Sales

Unread post by Jason » Mon May 18, 2009 2:33 pm

As posted on the homepage,

After nearly 6 years since the game was released it has made the top 20 sales according to the NPD Group as posted on Actiontrip. Whatever the reason for the increase it's good for the game and the community. Bring on H&D3 =)
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

synchro
Private

Re: Hidden & Dangerous 2 in Top 20 for April PC Game Sales

Unread post by synchro » Mon May 18, 2009 8:01 pm

yeh, why isn't there a HD3? the first was superb [and deluxe made it even better for co-op play] and the 2nd was even better [except for the lack of co-op but that was fixed after exp pack - tho it really should've been in the original... the devs at least KNEW a lotta ppl play HD cos of the co-op game... increased sales for exp pack? mmm].

the greatest appeal of HD and HD2 was always the co-op game for me and a few mates. playing against an AI at that time was unusual and it MADE the game. because the AI ISN'T expecting an attack, waiting at exactly the correct tactical choke point where it KNOWS the players are coming thru [except for one or two maps, of course]. you can't make defence/guarding players stand idly, unexpectedly or nodding off or chatting. the AI does this and responded quite well once the alarm was on.

with today's tech and wider online pipes [i remember playing HD co-op on a 56k modem!] HD3 would be so cool. sod the grfx... gimme good AI and co-op  team play!
NEVER SAY DIE AGAIN!

Godbee
Private

Unread post by Godbee » Tue May 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Where is the article or list that shows the game in top 20 sales? I couldn't find anything about this.
Xfire = 22Joe

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue May 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed May 20, 2009 10:26 am

I really have to make that link colour stand out more nods01

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Wed May 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Jason wrote: As posted on the homepage,

Whatever the reason for the increase it's good for the game and the community.

Well, I bought my copy in April so I may have some insight as to why it jumped in sales.  I was in GameStop looking for another game.  I had played and enjoyed H&D1 with the expansion.  SO when I found a copy of H&D2 on the shelf for $5, in these economic times, it made zero sense not to buy it on the spot.  Imagine my joy when the guy told me the cost was 31 cents.  THATS RIGHT!  31 FREAKIN CENTS!  I asked him to repeat that 3 times and then asked him if he realized that the box said it was $5.  He chuckled and repeated that the cost was 31 cents.

Of course I told my friends.  If this happened at all Gamestops, I can assure you that any extra copies they had were quickly devoured by friends of people who had already taken advantage of that deal.  I can also imagine that when tere wasn't a copy, these people drove across town to neighboring GameStops to find a copy.  We have several GameStops here in Jacksonville.

Believe me, I feel like the guy who goes to a garage sale and finds a collectors Hotwheel for a few pennies.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu May 21, 2009 10:34 am

Extremely cheap price for the game, even if it is almost 6 years old. That's almost free but either way it is good to see more people playing / buying the game. Maybe they can make it free as a marketing thing for Mafia 2 :mrgreen: or give us H&D2 Deluxe funny02

... *sigh*

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Sat May 23, 2009 1:05 pm

H&D2 is my favourite game of all time, so lets hope Illusions notice this chart and realise this game hasnt reached the end of its life yet.

A deluxe H&D2 would be awesome, maybe 10 new missions, new GFX and animations, a fix in coop where everyone sees in game movies, possibly an editor, a coop mode where you can play whole missions (ie if you played Sicily and you die on the first part you could not play in next level until the mission is changed), and make all maps playable in all styles

I would pay GOOD MONEY for it
Knowledge is Power
Share the Knowledge

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun May 24, 2009 1:02 am

crusti wrote: a coop mode where you can play whole missions (ie if you played Sicily and you die on the first part you could not play in next level until the mission is changed)
You can play like that now.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

=BC=Eagle-Eye
Private

Unread post by =BC=Eagle-Eye » Fri May 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Just got to say that despite having not played the game for at least two years now. It was great to see the game back in the charts. I had a great time playing HD2 online all those years ago. I hope they do make a  third title.

Johannes
Private

Unread post by Johannes » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Most likely it was the GameStop sale, as pointed out. Over here, all the stores were selling them for 99 cents.

I bought eight copies to hand out to friends, not to mention the one for myself.

Although to be honest, it wasn't exactly an impulse buy. I had purchased the game at another store for $7 the day before, only to be told the next day when I went to GameStop that they would be putting it on sale for $0.99 the following day. I consequently went back and returned the $7 copy and instead bought the eight from GameStop.
Last edited by Johannes on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Private

Unread post by Tom » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:20 am

To promote awareness of the game, by selling it at "next-to-nothing", would be the thing I would do, if I were intent on following up with H&D3... Nice thought, eh!?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:35 am

Tom wrote: To promote awareness of the game, by selling it at "next-to-nothing", would be the thing I would do, if I were intent on following up with H&D3... Nice thought, eh!?
Sounds good to me :mrgreen:, but what gamespot sell it for has nothing to do with the publisher :sad: