Forum down time

Read the most current and up to date news on the web site.
Jason
Administrator

Forum down time

Unread post by Jason » Sun May 03, 2009 4:42 am

Hey all,

As you may have noticed the forums have been down a couple of times. This has been due to bandwidth exceeding, but I do not believe it's been by humans. I am convinced it's a bot attack. Honestly who else could download 318.88 GB in one day :shock:

Either that or my host, servage stuffeded up something. Either way they have been going down hill lately I will start looking for another web host.

Sorry for any inconvenience :cry:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

Re: Forum down time

Unread post by Lars » Sun May 03, 2009 3:09 pm

We had this once years ago. Someone from Japan downloaded the 2gb filebase 50 times so that we just blocked that one IP. Since we changed the filebase so that directlinking/downloading didin't work anymore we don't have these problems anymore.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Forum down time

Unread post by Jason » Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Yeah I have it so people can not link directly but nothing in place, as yet, to stop people downloading files heaps of times. It will be part of the new file/download system I am developing. I won't put limits on the amount of files, just the amount of times you can download the same file.

Looks like I found a cool new host, they give more power over the server :mrgreen:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial