Changing Names

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
MorgTzu
Private

Changing Names

Unread post by MorgTzu » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:26 am

:-?

Hi all, I searched but could not find where this was discussed.

I tried changing some character names in the data file with notepad. I made sure not to mess up any formatting or quote marks, etc. but still get no game start up...I am guessing that one of the other files contains the names as well and that if it doesn't match, it fails parsing at startup. Anyone?

Oldih
Global Moderator

Re: Changing Names

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:25 am

You can change soldiers´ names ingame, when you choose which soldiers to pick you, just click the name and you can change it to anything you want.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

MorgTzu
Private

Unread post by MorgTzu » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:39 pm

:shock:

Yep...thanks for answering and ill say that was pretty brilliant of me :roll:

I had tried to click on it but obviously it was a case of impatience so I went straight to mod it...the good news is I now know a dangerous amount about the file structure. Again thanks for responding to my silliness.  smile01

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:04 pm

Again thanks for responding to my silliness.
No problem mate, I myself found this feature long time ago by an accident.

Always wondered that if someone is going to ask about it.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Gallipolli
Private

Unread post by Gallipolli » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:22 pm

MorgTzu wrote: :shock:

Yep...thanks for answering and ill say that was pretty brilliant of me :roll:

I had tried to click on it but obviously it was a case of impatience so I went straight to mod it...the good news is I now know a dangerous amount about the file structure. Again thanks for responding to my silliness.  smile01
Do you have the editor? you can select one of the player actors in a mission (hit SPACE to change to edit mode), then bring up the properties (CTRL ENTER) and then import a file to the character. You know, the soldier01 is Mad Calvert etc... Then you can edit and export.

Perhaps you already knew it. I´m writing this because perhaps between  we two, we could customize the soldiers in many ways.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:19 am

Oldih wrote: You can change soldiers´ names ingame, when you choose which soldiers to pick you, just click the name and you can change it to anything you want.
You can?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: