Unable to add models

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
crispy
Private

Unable to add models

Unread post by crispy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:05 pm

Hi, I've only just started to look at the Insanity Editor for H&D.  I followed the tutorials.  However, when I got to the part about creating a 3d object and putting down a model, first, there was no preview in the preview screen, and second, I was unable to place an object on the terrain. 

I used first filzip (a freeware decompression utility) and when that didn't work, used the trial winrar.  I followed instructions in the tutorial for making folders and extracting files, but ... maybe I didn't do it right.

One point on which a deviated from the tutorial was that rather than extracting files into the H&D folder, I extracted them to a separate folder within the H&D folder.  However, since I'm importing the images into the editor for placement in the terrain, I'm not sure whether that would matter or not.

Any ideas?

Lars
Commando

Re: Unable to add models

Unread post by Lars » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:25 pm

You have to extract the files into your hdd folder ... withiout that it will not work
At last your directory should look like this here:

crispy
Private

Re: Unable to add models

Unread post by crispy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:18 am

Problem solved!  Thank you very much.  I guess I just learned an important lesson about not deviating from the tutorial.  Thanks again!