Easy newby questions about textures

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
HarryLarry_AKA Newby
Private

Easy newby questions about textures

Unread post by HarryLarry_AKA Newby » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:32 am

hey guys,
im glad this forum exists. i absoloutly love H&D2, i played it for more than 20 times trough grin01 .
a new hobby of mine is to Modd/ edit all my old classic games.

my question:
what program do i need for opening the textures? (i read about 3ds Max but this prog. costs more than i can spend)
Insanity 2 cant be found anywhere for download. am i wrong?

to be clear i only want to change/edit textures for the beginning. Change clothes and faces etc...
I read many topics here but didnt find my question or overread it :roll:

I hope someone can help me out help01

pls forgive my poor English, im German and we dont speak that here very well :oops:

mr.47
Captain

Re: Easy newby questions about textures

Unread post by mr.47 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Well search for the tutorial on the RPR clan website cause honestly I think everyone here is went inactive for a while they moved on to their life while I thank you for breaking the silence your answer will be there because h&d 2 was for fortune reasons is officially having a new modding methods due to the creation of map editor

This website is really inactive for some reason , me and 4 others are the last to be active on this forums

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi HarryLarry!

Mr 47 is correct about rprclan.com being the most active HD2 community right now (with some very talented modders doing some very interesting things right now!)

To answer your question about textures, you will need the .dta unpacker to extract the textures that come with the game - MAPS.dta and MAPS_U.dta contain all of the vanilla textures.

Once unpacked, all textures will be in .bmp format so you can use the editing application of your choice to edit.

If you edit any files, place them in a folder called MAPS or MAPS_U inside your hidden and dangerous 2 main directory and the game will read those when it loads.

DTA Unpacker can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Potentially useful information regarding editing uniforms can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuyb8ruba4m3o ... .docx?dl=0

HarryLarry_AKA Newby
Private

Unread post by HarryLarry_AKA Newby » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:28 pm

nicee :grin:
I honestly thought nobody is online anymore :lol:
Thank you for your fast replies Mates nods01

well i think its sad because this forum is way the coolest i found. :cry:
And the Game... everybody is running after the new stylish shooters with the fancy graphics.
The Love for the Details and the History is just perfect in H&D2. I love how you can chill with your tasks and no need to rush.

.dta unpacker...Okey, i´ll try grin01

This is beside the very first Forum i actually wrote something :mrgreen:
all this years i just lurked around and found my questions somewhere

snowman
Private

Unread post by snowman » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:07 am

Glad to see you around, Harry.

Have you worked on textures before? The H&D2 community is open to everyone who loves the game.

Feel free to also sign up to rprclan.com when you like and also join our Discord group if you fancy that!

Best wishes with your ideas :)

HarryLarry_AKA Newby
Private

Unread post by HarryLarry_AKA Newby » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:00 am

thanks,

yes i worked for a long time at Flight simulator textures and did some well done jobs there. It is pretty easy there to edit the textures.
In H&D2 i tried a lot these days :grin:
Changed the posters to some Originals i knew from my Grandfather ( Wehrmacht Landser Moscow 1942 Panzergrenadier officer )
And i changed some Faces of my soldiers so far. One of them looks like me now :cool:
And one of them i tried to make to a girl. But now she has the Face of a girl with the pointy shape of a man and looks like a Trans woman :roll: funny02 funny02 She is my modern Trans soldier now funny01