Enemy patrols vigilance problem

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Enemy patrols vigilance problem

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Hello everyone,

as you may noticed I created several mission add-ons for H&D Deluxe as well as edited the existing ones.

I learned quite a lot and I am skilled in using HDD Editor, but one thing I don't understand.

In the game editor you could set the max distance from which the enemy will hear the gun shot and came to investigate the source of this sound. As far as I know this only works for stationary guards, but not for patrols. The patrolling enemy always walks his guard route and never abandon it. Maybe it could be fixed?

Thank You in advance for any help. smile01

Best wishes

Jakub
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Re: Enemy patrols vigilance problem

Unread post by NilsZ » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:11 pm

As far as i know you can only change the watch distance of the soldiers. The hear range of a guard cannot be changed. The sound ranges are in the game config (Gunshot 120m, Cannon 150m, epxlosion 300m, etc.)
If you want the enemy to investigate turn "Search heard" to yes.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 am

NilsZ wrote:As far as i know you can only change the watch distance of the soldiers. The hear range of a guard cannot be changed. The sound ranges are in the game config (Gunshot 120m, Cannon 150m, epxlosion 300m, etc.)
If you want the enemy to investigate turn "Search heard" to yes.
Hello NilsZ,

thank you for the answer.

I already knew about editing the watch distance setting of enemy soldiers and sound ranges in game config, as well as the "Search heard" option. I am using them in my own created or edited H&D Deluxe missions.

Even when the patrolling enemy soldier has the "Search heard" option set to yes - he never leaves his patrol route.

I think, that this could be hardcoded -if all enemy soldiers from a map will be running after hearing a gun shot directly towards the player commandos, the game would be too easy to play (all enemies could be killed in a short period of time without much difficulty). Of course this is only my guess.

If any of you managed to change this behavior please let me know - i wonder if it is possible or not.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:04 pm

OK, now i see what you mean. You are right, they only go to investigate when GUARD or empty is choosen. I tried with FOLLOW, MOVE, GUARD to a checkpoint, STAY_UP, PRG1, WAIT_SIGNAL... Nothing works, they still go their route. I think it is really hard coded in the A.I., so there is no chance for us to fix it :(

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:09 pm

NilsZ wrote:OK, now i see what you mean. You are right, they only go to investigate when GUARD or empty is choosen. I tried with FOLLOW, MOVE, GUARD to a checkpoint, STAY_UP, PRG1, WAIT_SIGNAL... Nothing works, they still go their route. I think it is really hard coded in the A.I., so there is no chance for us to fix it :(
Hello,

thank you for the answer.

I am afraid that you are right. I also tried all available commands for enemy soldiers and if they patrolled certain area they never abandoned it.

At least other soldier behavior could be modded using HDD Editor.