Unable to save the changes in the scene (SOLVED)

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unable to save the changes in the scene (SOLVED)

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi,

i tried to edit the first mission from the Italian campaign using HDD Editor, but i wasn't able to save the changes that i have made.

The program asked me to save on exit and i done it, but when i loaded the mission nothing changed.

How i could fix that?

Thank You in advance for any help.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Re: Unable to save the changes in the scene

Unread post by jacobston » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Where on your computer was Hidden and Dangerous saved? If the game was installed in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" then your computer may not allow you to make the changes you want.

The workaround is to save your files to the desktop and move them to the Hidden and Dangerous directory manually. (so, cut and paste the new files from the desktop or a non-protected directory and move them to HDD)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:14 pm

jacobston wrote:Where on your computer was Hidden and Dangerous saved? If the game was installed in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" then your computer may not allow you to make the changes you want.

The workaround is to save your files to the desktop and move them to the Hidden and Dangerous directory manually. (so, cut and paste the new files from the desktop or a non-protected directory and move them to HDD)
Hi jacobston,

first of all thank you very much for the quick reply :grin: .

I installed H&D Deluxe on the C: drive.

The mission files must be put into H&D Deluxe "missions" folder directory, otherwise the HDD Editor will not load them, any other locations are not allowed.

For example i tried to delete one weapon model from the hands of German soldier (in this case K98 Mauser sniper rifle).

On exit the program prompted me to save changes and i done it, but when i loaded the mission once again the soldier still carried the rifle.

Maybe some mods are incompatible with the HDD Editor; i have installed decensor mod, 2 new knife animation, i replaced some weapon models, description and inventory icons and German soldiers uniforms (Waffen SS skin mod).

I hope that You could help me to resolve this problem.

EDIT: i created a new partition (G: drive) with the FAT32 file system and i installed the H&D Deluxe there, but the problem still exist. I though that maybe this is related to the hard drive file system, but that is not the case.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:05 pm

I managed to change the default weapon, that one of the soldiers from the first mission in Italian campaign carried.

I replaced Kar 98 sniper rifle with MP40.

I tested it in the HDD Editor (game mode) and it works.

I done this by editing the scene inventory - adding ammo and changing the weapon id.

I attached one image below to show you how it looks like.

Unfortunately, i am still not able to save my changes help01 .
Attachments
Kar 98 replaced to MP40.jpg
Kar 98 rifle replaced with MP40
Kar 98 replaced to MP40.jpg (79.4 KiB) Viewed 9825 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:05 pm

Finally some good news! :grin:

I managed to save the changes that i have made in the mission.

I played the game and i noticed that one of the German soldiers carried MP40 instead of Kar 98 sniper rifle.

How i done this?

I edited the mission file, saved the changes, then i deleted the backup and i deleted this mission folder from the missions.dta file so the game read only the edited one.

Now i would like to edit all basic missions from H&D Deluxe :cool: .

I will replace some weapons that the German soldiers use to another ones, to make it more realistic.