Game Animations

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
nicadman
Private

Game Animations

Unread post by nicadman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 pm

H! there this is my first posting can anyone help?

Is 3ds max the only software the game uses or is premiere pro etc used as well.

Are all the video animations done in Max 3.0?

many thanks :-?

Jason
Administrator

Re: Game Animations

Unread post by Jason » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:03 am

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Sadly yes, 3d Max R3 is the only program where the Insanity 2 plugins work for exporting. That said you don't need to actually use the program to create models, just to export them. If you use another program then export in a format that 3d Max R3 can import then you can export for Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe.

What were you planning on working on? grin01

nicadman
Private

Unread post by nicadman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Jason I tinkered with relevant apps years ago.

just recently found them again collecting dust and thought about having another go.

As i recall i liked some of the pre-level animations but was unsure whether they used other apps.

I think i'll have to start at the beginning with the tutorials and then see where they take me.

I think every game should have an editor etc .It would encourage people to be more creative.

On another note: I loved original hnd layout etc (higly original) but not so with version 2(to medal of honour).

Have you created many scenarios etc?

many thanks

Bighouse
Sergeant

Unread post by Bighouse » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Applications like Premier are video editing software. They can't be used to create H&D animations. All animations in H&D are 3d scenery files that have an animation in them. Also the mission maps are animated...like the train in m1 is animated directly to scene.i3d file.