Unable to add sounds?

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
PoxiPol
Private

Unable to add sounds?

Unread post by PoxiPol » Tue May 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Ok, it might seem to be pretty stupid, but I really have no idea what to do. Whenever I try to add a sound by using:
Create>3D model>Sound
It does come up with the dialog box same as in the tutorial, but when I click on anything, it doesn't preview the file, even though the "Play Preview" box is ticked. This wouldn't really be a problem, if it wasn't that whether I double click, or select and click "Open" The dialog box for the name changing doesn't come up, neither can I see it with the Debug option on. I can't hear anything, and even if I try looking in the object list (The thingie that comes up if you press "n"), nothing with the file name, or just called soundXX comes up. Im surely selecting appropriate ogg files, I have tried HaD original sound files, and some custom ones. Im really worried, because Im motivated to polish up my 3D skills together with some map design.
Please help.

If it matters, I am using windows 7, and normally my ogg files open up with foobar 2k. I can easily check the files using foobar, and they work.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Unable to add sounds?

Unread post by Jason » Sun May 22, 2011 4:50 pm

This is very strange, it works fine with Windows XP. I do have Windows 7 installed but I will need to install H&D Deluxe to test it out. Do you have any other issues with H&D Deluxe in Windows 7?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

PoxiPol
Private

Unread post by PoxiPol » Wed May 25, 2011 5:57 pm

None at all. Everything else works great. Awsome multiplayer coop game : D

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri May 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Okay just confirming that I have the same error as you. I can't preview or create sounds. I can hear sounds already in missions but can't change the sound file they use. I tried compatibility mode for XP SP3 but no change so far... will continue to look into this one!

[update]
I tried reinstalling the game to the root of the C drive to try and bypass any Program Files directory issues that Windows 7 may have but no luck so far :cry:
Last edited by Jason on Fri May 27, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial