Some questions

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:20 am

I'm having a problem.

First, when I bring up my objectives in game (in the editor), it tells me "error; test #150000 not defined"

The second isnt a problem. I'm wondering how I make those "one-way" volumes, like in the last Ardennes mission for example. You know, they wont block you when you move through them from one direction, but they will if you move through them from the opposite direction.

Thanks.

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:22 am

The "one way volumes" are volume-boxes. Place the enemies inside, and they can come out but you can't come in when you start outside.

If you have dummy checking on MO (Mission Objective) that shall produce the corresponding text you also have to define the text in a file addon.txt stored under the folder ..\text.mod.
It should look like that

150000 "1. Do something..."
150001 "2. Do something else..."
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:17 pm

Okay, so, how do I delete volumes? I cant even select them.

And I do have a text file named addon.txt with the objectives specified.

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:09 pm

With View->Debug->Volumes you can see the volumes (ya, you know) and with pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift and clicking on the volume you want to select you can select it. Or go the hard way by pressing N and select them by names.
Once selected you can delete a volume by pressing DEL ;) .

Regarding the text-file I don't know exactly what is going wrong. Where have you stored it, what does it contain and how did you program the dummy that shall check on the MO?

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:31 am

Well, here are some pics to show you.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dwinfa/insanity2_help.JPG

My addon.txt.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dwinfa/insanity2_help2.JPG

First objective dummy.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dwinfa/insanity2_help3.JPG

Second objective dummy.

Another problem while I'm at it...I have a panzer tank, and the tread textures dont move when the tank moves..

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:50 am

Move the file addon.txt to a folder under D:\...\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\text.mod
The game will not look into the folder you have it in at the moment.

Tanktracks... there is an option under Automobile like "use texture-shift" where you have to insert something like "pasy". Sorry, I have to look at it myself but I'm at work at present ;) .

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:06 pm

Yea, there was "pasy" in one of the options when I looked at the properties. I deleted it, but even when it was there, the tracks didnt move. I tried playing around with the angles but it didnt seem to help.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:24 am

Okay, I just changed the model from a panzer to a panther. The tracks move now, but they move in the wrong direction! Could this be a problem with the model?

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:37 pm

:lol: you're damn right :lol: never seen that before, or rather payed any attention to it. The Panther-model has a bug with the tracks. They move as if the tank is driving backwards. The PanzerIV though moves correct, and I checked, it was PASY01 I used for the texture shift in a mission.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:25 pm

Ah, it works! Thank you!

Where did you find this out?

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:38 pm

Open Germany5 and check out the PanzerIV at the bridge ;)

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:50 pm

There's a Panzer there?

I couldve just copied the properties then...

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:23 pm

Another problem...I think.

Enemy group 2 wont shoot enemies unless they are hurt.

Is it supposed to be like this? Is there an enemy group number that will respond to your voice commands, and shoot at enemies on sight?

Edit: Oh another one! :lol:

I've removed some models, but the shadow from them is still there. How do I get rid of it?

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:38 am

Hmmm, enemy group 1 might be the one you can command around. As far as I know it is only enemy group 0 that attacks players and all other enemy groups. On the other hand, the other groups will attack group 0 but not the players.

Shadows remain... Select the model that causes the shadow, open the properties and under "Model" set a hook in the tic boxes for "No LM shadow" and "Dynamic shadow". Then select the part of the map the model is standing on and calculate the Light Map for this selection again.

Edit: ooops... :D too fast in answering :lol: You removed the models... ok, you have to calculate the Light Map of the ground again. Select the piece of the map the model was standing on and from the menu choose "Light-map -> construct selection"

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:18 pm

You cant command enemy group 1. You can command enemy group 2, but they dont fire at enemies unless fired upon. Enemy groups 3-9 seem to fire on those who are not part of their enemy group, and they do not respond to commands.

As for the shadows, yes, I tried reconstructing the light map but the shadow was still there. I'll try it again.

Edit: Okay, got rid of the shadows.