Some questions

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:12 am

Question 2 is easy ;) :
Face-ID does nothing at all... since they did not implement this different faces for players or enemies.
Voice-ID 0 to 3 yields German voices and 4 to 7 greek voices. 8 and 9 are at your disposal if you add other languages into - uhmmm - "../sounds/common/voices" I think.

Question 1 is not easy because it looks quite alright on the first sight. Mind that you have to reload the mission before the fellow actually knows about CP "GET1" . Is the CP-name spelled correct? Is there a CP-mesh around it so that he can find a way to it? Are there Volumes in the way?
Hard to say what could cause him not to obey his orders...
Put GET1 into Subject/CPO under [4] and see what he does.
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:47 pm

It doesnt work. I cant get them to move to their checkpoints. The guy laying down will get up, and the other two who are kneeling will move around in the same position, but they just wont go to the checkpoints.

They are user checkpoints, so they arent connected to anything, but they are within the reach of the yellow checkpoints.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:28 pm

Okay, I got it working...sort of.

I recreated the soldiers. However, they seem to sometimes start moving even when the signal 3 has not been sent. Also, some of them somtimes will not move to their checkpoint.

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:30 pm

If they receive the signal to move somewhere and have spotted enemies before they might react stubborn and rather try to go for the enemy than the CP. Maybe that could be a reason. Otherwise... :? hard to say why they don't do as programmed when not seeing the whole picture.
Just one thing is for sure. If you use "wait signal suspended" you can bite off their earlobes and they will not react. But if you use "wait signal" they are alive and got their own will... this crazy H&D AI ;)

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:56 pm

I cant use "wait signal suspended" because they are in a middle of a battle. But they only recieve the signal after they have killed all visible enemies.

And now I have another problem. I'm guessing it has to do with H&D's crappy AI again. So, I have an enemy group 0 and an enemy group 1, both in seperate tanks. They dont shoot each other.

When my group 1 tank approaches, the gunner will move the turret, which means he has spotted an enemy, right? The group 0 tank gunner will do the same.

They end up only several metres away from each other, and they still dont react. I've tried climbing up on the enemy tank, and he doesnt do anything.

However, the group 0 gunner does (under certain circumstances) shoot at a group of 1s who are visible to him.

:x :x :x

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:40 am

Again that sounds odd... sometimes he shoots, somtimes he doesn't :?
How is your setting for the general AI (do not select anything and press Ctrl+Enter) regarding "view distance" and "min.shooting distance"?
How are the individual settings for the AI of the characters?

PS: I guess you checked out my addon "A Stalking Panther" regarding the tank-battle. I remember that I also had some problems with the fellows to do as I wanted them to act. So it was a bit of a trial on error until it worked.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:30 pm

The general AI settings are as follows:

Enabled: default
Listen: default
Hunt enemy...: default
...up to max distance: 0
Search dead: default
Search heard: default
Watch distance: 150
Shoot quality %: 90%
Min. shoot distance: 150
Reaction %: 75
Endurance %: 75

The AI properties for both tank gunners are:

Enabled: Yes
Listen: Yes
Hunt enemy...: Yes
...up to max distance: 150
Search dead: default
Search heard: Yes
Watch distance: 450
Shoot quality %: 90%
Min. shoot distance: 450
Reaction %: 75
Endurance %: 75
Last edited by Dwin on Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:12 pm

Okay, I changed the gunners' properties like your own, Grenni, in "A Stalking Panther".

So, now they shoot at enemy infantry, but they still dont shoot at enemy tanks. Now I'm guessing it's because they somehow cannot see the enemy inside the tank. I tried changing the volumes to AI transparent before, but the changes dont stay after I load the mission, even if I save.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:05 am

So, it seems enemies/players cant see other enemies/players in the tanks. I have no idea why.

EDIT: I figured it out. It was so simple! The enemies in the tanks were invisible!

Sorry for the triple post, BTW.