Some questions

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:26 am

Ok, then it was 2 you can command around and 1 was friendly to players and group 2. But strange... I recently tried a sort of mass attack with group 2 and as soon they saw enemies 0 they opened fire :?
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:38 pm

Something just came across my mind... do you pay attention to the view- and shooting-distance of the enemies (regarding all enemy-groups)?
If i.e. the group 2 has a view-distance and min.shooting distance of 150m and the enemy-group 0 has 200m group 2 will not open the fire before they are in a range of 150m of an enemy even when group 0 has opened the fire already.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:34 pm

My enemy group 0s and my enemy group 2s have the same view distance. I simply changed a few of my group 1s to group 2s, without changing any other properties.

Another thing I noticed, is that group 0 doesnt seem to consider group 2 as a priority target. That is, when the battle is over, the surviving group 2s arent shot at immediatly by the group 0s.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:48 pm

Okay, I just tested my group 2s againts my group 0s.

Now, normally, my group 1s and group 0s would fire on each other at the same time and continue to shoot until any visible enemies are dead.

Just to make it easier to understand, my group 1/2s are Russians, and my group 0s are Germans.

So, when I changed my Russians to group 2, one Russian (and it is the same Russian every time) will fire on a German (the same German every time), and the Germans will kill him.

After that, there is no more shooting. The Germans can only see my head, but they do not shoot. If I expose more of my body, they will start to shoot at me. If I take cover, they will run towards me, randomly shooting Russians. The Russians however, will not shoot at all, even if they are wounded.

Edit: Okay, I lead my Russians to another part of the map. When some Germans rounded a corner, one of the Russians saw him them and immediatly started shooting. He was killed.

I told the remaining Russians to move into an area that was guarded by more German troops. They acted normally, immediatly shooting all visible enemies, and the Germans did the same.

The only reason I can think of why the Russians would behave this way, is because in the first encounter, the Germans and Russians can see each other the moment the game starts.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:56 am

Another problem!

I have a detector, that detects when 4 specific enemies have died. Once that happens, a hidden enemy is destroyed.

But he doesnt die. I've tried sending a signal to him that will get him to suicide, but it doesnt work.

Now maybe I've set something up wrong. I have my detector set up like so:

Pics will be coming in a moment...

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:20 am

Here we go:

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:13 am

I cannot see the value for the power with that the actor shall be destroyed. Did you give a value for it? I guess not, so enter 1000 or such so that it says "German31,1000" and try again.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:22 pm

Well, at first I had the power at 0. Didnt work, so I tried setting it to 100. That didnt work, and 1000 doesnt work either.

BTW, it says "German30" (1000).

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:07 pm

[quote=""Dwin""]...BTW, it says "German30" (1000).[/quote]
Yeah, but you know what I meant ;) . Try a higher value, maybe that guy even survives 1000, but 10000 will surely put an end to his grief :lol:

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:46 pm

[quote=""Grenni""][quote=""Dwin""]...BTW, it says "German30" (1000).[/quote]
Yeah, but you know what I meant ;) . [/quote]

Well, I wasnt sure. I'm a total noob.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:23 pm

By the way, does it matter that the actor that is supposed to be destroyed is invisible, and is scaled larger?

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:59 am

I don't think so. I did the same trick in Heavy Artillery; 4 gunners at one cannon and a big invisible guy who actually used the gun and was killed the instance when all 4 visible gunners were dead.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:50 pm

Yes, it worked! Thank you.

But now I have to figure out how to make it so that the gun cannot be used after the user has died. I looked at your Heavy Artillery mission, but there are so many things, it's so confusing.

Grenni
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Grenni » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:37 pm

Wellllll... unfortunately you still can use the guns even after you destroyed them :( - because that model does not have a destroyed version which makes it basically indistructable.
Maybe you can try with: Destroy actor "Gun_xy", though I doubt that it works.

Dwin
Sergeant

Some questions

Unread post by Dwin » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:55 am

Okay, now I have another thing that doesnt work.

When the soldier recieives the signal, he is supposed to move to a checkpoint. Only he doesnt move there, he just gets up.

Here is his properties:

Oh, and an unrelated question. What do the face/voice properties do?