Custom sounds?

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
JD_Method
Private

Custom sounds?

Unread post by JD_Method » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Is it possible to add your own custom sounds to H&D? I've tried opening up the .dta file and replacing the colt 45 sound with a custom sound, but when I load up the game, there is no sound when I fire the pistol.

I made my custom sound an .ogg file, but is there any specific bit-rate, sample rate or number of channels that have to be just right to get the sound working?

I wanted to make a custom weapons sound pack, but I'm not sure I can. :|

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Custom sounds?

Unread post by Jason » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:52 pm

You definitely can create custom sounds (done it myself), from the H&D Deluxe editor help file:
Following file types are supported: WAV, OGG. Keep files in 22025 Hz, 16-bit format for best performance.
Be sure to send me your mod when your done thup01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

JD_Method
Private

Unread post by JD_Method » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I saved a 22025 Hz, 16 bit .wav file and overwrote the original colt sound in the .dta file but it didn't work. Then I extracted the sound folder into my Hidden and Dangerous directory, deleted the sounds from the .dta file and now it works like a charm. I guess that's what I was doing wrong.

Thanks for your help, and I'll be sure you send you my sound pack if I make it.  :grin:

sean
Private

Unread post by sean » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:34 am

this might help

Ease Audio Converter

http://www.audiotool.net/EaseAudioConve ... htm?id=EXE