Insanity 2 not working...help

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
davehowell2
Private

Insanity 2 not working...help

Unread post by davehowell2 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:59 am

I have followed all the tutorials on the site and extracted the .dtas to the hidden and dangerous deluxe directory but everytime I open the editor all that comes up is the splash screen and the properties thing, and when I try to open a map directly from the missions folder it comes up with an error : Unknown Command Line Option: model. What I can't understand is that a few years ago I installed HDD on this very same computer and it worked, then I uninstalled it and now, several years on, having semi-mastered my modding skills, decided to have a crack at throwing together some missions on HDD, so I downloaded it and was met with the error described, so I uninstalled it, downloaded it again and still no luck. Any help whatsoever would be very much appreciated.

~David
A life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa; not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Lars
Commando

Re: Insanity 2 not working...help

Unread post by Lars » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:15 pm

When you start the editor the first time you should see an default map with an duck, plane, box etc... has that one ever been loaded?
Did you opened an original map from HDD?

davehowell2
Private

Unread post by davehowell2 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:49 pm

when i first opened the map editor years ago on my old computer yes, it did, but for some reason it only loads the splash screen now and the properties box but not the actual editor like it used to. I've tried opening an original map from HDD by going to the missions folder and opening one from there but that's when I get the command line error.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa; not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Try to start first the game in the safe mode and after that start the editor. Does that help?
Or try to disable the ansitophic Filter in the setup
Last edited by Lars on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

davehowell2
Private

Unread post by davehowell2 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:15 am

nope, not working.  :-?

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:07 am

Try an fresh install of hdd and before you install it check if the registry settings are also free from hdd entires. Try to start the editor before you unpack anything

davehowell2
Private

Unread post by davehowell2 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:04 pm

ok, will do, but just one quick question, and please excuse my ignorance, but how do I check the registry settings? Sorry, I'm not really that great with the technical sides of computers.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:17 am

After you have deinstalled it you type in the run command "regedit" and press enter.
An new window should open with the registry .. be careful what you do there! .. check for this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lonely Cat Games and delete it. After you installed it again it should be created from the setup with the default settings

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 am

After you have deinstalled it you type in the run command "regedit" and press enter.
Just to be crystal clear :mrgreen: On windows it is on the main menu, Start > Run, type in "regedit" and press ok
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

davehowell2
Private

Unread post by davehowell2 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am

Thanks for all the info, I am reinstalling now. I have been away for a few days so haven't been able to check my emails lately. I will let ya'll know how it went.

~David

davehowell2
Private

Unread post by davehowell2 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:39 am

Nope...still not working.

Ah, well, must be my computer. I guess I'll live with it.

Thanks for all your help anyway.